U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:37 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,750,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C H View Post
That is sooooooooooo selfish of you. Because you have a job, and bring home a little paycheck every two weeks, you have the right to have a family and those poorer than don't. Check yourself. Unlike you, with your dictator tones, people have the God Given Right to have children. And Latins are very conservative and religous and DO NOT BELIEVE IN CONDOMS AND ABORTIONS (Vast majority are Catholics). Unlike you who may not even believe in God.
The poor have every right to have a family; however they DO NOT have the right to expect American taxpayers to pay for them.

Mexico's poorest women sneak into the U.S. illegally to have their children here so that they can take advantage of welfare, free education, food stamps, and free healthcare.

What I am objecting to is THEIR SELFISHNESS. They have NO RIGHT to bear their children in the U.S. and then expect American taxpayers to pay for them. If they want to have their children in Mexico, fine. But don't come here unless they're totally prepared to support their children on their own.

There is NOTHING selfish about that. I never had children, and if I HAD had them, I wouldn't have snuck into another country and expected the taxpayers in that country to support them.

Last edited by FormerCaliforniaGirl; 05-19-2009 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 PM

807 posts, read 1,119,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
These responses do not make me proud to be an American.
Frankly, they reinforce the global stereotype of America as a nation of graceless bullies and bumbling short-bus riders.
Have a bit of compassion.
We all came from the same place, and we're all going to the same place, too.
Wherever that may be.
A border is nothing but an arbitrary line on a map, drawn by rich old men in suits, sitting in a board room somewhere.
Humanity knows no borders, and neither does the human condition.

This really doesn't give someone the right to illegally break into a country, UNDERCUT struggling Americans for jobs, AND then drop 5 or 6 kids and expect U.S. Taxpayers to pay for them.. It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.. If these Illegals are so hard working, I ask, Why don't they work hard to try to improve their home country, or go about being a U.S. Citizen the way that MILLIONS from many countries do each year, the LEGAL way?

Would you allow someone to break into your home and steal your things and then DEMAND that you cook them dinner afterwards? Say they decide to stay into your home that they broke into, and then have children in your home that they expect YOU to pay to feed and clothe?

If you are NOT Proud to Be An American and have such a low opinion of Americans and a high opinion of illegal aliens, maybe you should consider relocating to Mexico AND then working in Mexico to try to improve the lives of the people there..

Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 PM

24 posts, read 65,868 times
Focus on the problem. Flow of illegal immigrants. What's the resolution...fixing and tightening our borders. But attacking the folks that are here like they are some demons from hell...not cute. It's sounds like HATE. Hating someone for trying to make a better life for their families. Sad. You talk of these folks as if they were murderers, rapist, and child molesters. And you folks think the US has the resources to deport the nearly 12 million illegal aliens.....keep on dreaming. What's your solution? And not some dream land solution...a real one. And don't say "deport them all"...cause it's NOT going to happen. You may want to start off with fixing the borders.....

Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,239,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post

This really doesn't give someone the right to illegally break into a country, UNDERCUT struggling Americans for jobs, AND then drop 5 or 6 kids and expect U.S. Taxpayers to pay for them.. It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.. If these Illegals are so hard working, I ask, Why don't they work hard to try to improve their home country, or go about being a U.S. Citizen the way that MILLIONS from many countries do each year, the LEGAL way?

If you are NOT Proud to Be An American, maybe you should consider relocating to Mexico..

I'm already there.
I mean, I'm in the part of Mexico that the US illegally stole from the Mexicans.
You've heard, I assume, of "manifest destiny"?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM

24 posts, read 65,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post

If you are NOT Proud to Be An American, maybe you should consider relocating to Mexico..
Ignorance once again. Use logic before you make these comments. The people who come here illegally do not have the resources to come legally. To come legally, you need MONEY. The ones who do come legally have the foundation and support already established in the US, and the RESOURCES to apply legally. Illegal Aliens become desperate and risk their lives and enter illegally(Or did you think it was actually a fun trip). I would like to see what you would do in their shoes.....It's sooooo easy to talk about responsibility behind your computer screen in your warm and cozy home. Just Thank God, Jesus, Alah, the Hindu Gods or whoever you worship that you were born in this great country. Thank God everyday that your children never have to suffer what these folks children have or are suffering. Thank God you have the opportunity to get an education and a good job. Thank God you don't have worry about how you are going to feed your children and your family. Thank God you live in a country that will give you credit to buy your very own car and home. Thank God you don't live in a dirt hut. Then after that...continue your hate bashing.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
The poor have every right to have a family; however they DO NOT have the right to expect American taxpayers to pay for them.

Mexico's poorest women sneak into the U.S. illegally to have their children here so that they can take advantage of welfare, free education, food stamps, and free healthcare.

What I am objecting to is THEIR SELFISHNESS. They have NO RIGHT to bear their children in the U.S. and then expect American taxpayers to pay for them. If they want to have their children in Mexico, fine. But don't come here unless they're totally prepared to support their children on your own.

There is NOTHING selfish about that. I never had children, and if I HAD had them, I wouldn't have snuck into another country and expected the taxpayers in that country to support them.
Very Well Stated!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Ignorance once again. Use logic before you make these comments. The people who come here illegally do not have the resources to come legally. To come legally, you need MONEY. The ones who do come legally have the foundation and support already established in the US, and the RESOURCES to apply legally. They become desperate and risk their lives and enter illegally. I would like to see what you would do in their shoes.....It's sooooo easy to talk about responsibility behind your computer screen in your warm and cozy home.
Millions of people from ALL around the World enter the U.S. legally each and every year, and many of them have skills, talents, and innovations to offer to America.. It may take money and resources, but if these illegal aliens are as hardworking as you and your pro-illegal cohorts say, maybe they should pull together their available resources and come into this country LEGALLY.. Also, maybe they should use some of that hardwork into encouraging the government of their country of origin to do more for it's people!

I could really care less that they risk their lives to come here.. If someone is breaking into my home and ends up getting mauled by a dog or gets an electric shock while trying to unplug the TV that they are trying to steal, then that is a consequence for their illegal action..

1,117 posts, read 1,750,375 times
Quote:
That is sooooooooooo selfish of you. Because you have a job, and bring home a little paycheck every two weeks, you have the right to have a family and those poorer than don't. Check yourself. Unlike you, with your dictator tones, people have the God Given Right to have children. And Latins are very conservative and religous and DO NOT BELIEVE IN CONDOMS AND ABORTIONS (Vast majority are Catholics). Unlike you who may not even believe in God.
There is NOTHING selfish about my position. Yes, poor people have a right to have children. But they DO NOT have the right to sneak into the U.S. to illegaly bear their children, and then freeload off the American taxpayer so that they can get free food, education, health care and housing for their children. It makes them nothing better than parasites.

Based on your statement above, you are saying that we Americans should support the poor in Mexico who can't afford children and refuse to practice birth control (for religious reasons) by letting them come here and have their children, and then providing for them.

That is ludicrous.

21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Quote:
Guess what?

Maybe it is time for said 'Latinos' to change their culture---------------God knows they definitely embraced a now archaic variety of Hispanic culture 500 years ago.

Besides; the birthrate in Mexico today is ca. 2.34 children per woman------------down from 7.3 ca. 1962. Replacement level is 2.1

Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,585,280 times
Quote:
Ignorance once again. Use logic before you make these comments. The people who come here illegally do not have the resources to come legally. To come legally, you need MONEY. The ones who do come legally have the foundation and support already established in the US, and the RESOURCES to apply legally. Illegal Aliens become desperate and risk their lives and enter illegally(Or did you think it was actually a fun trip).
Because the US needs to be assured those legal immigrants can contribute to the economy, provide for themselves and won't become largely dependent on social benefits.

BTW, have you seen the requirements for immigration to Mexico?

Quote:
I would like to see what you would do in their shoes.....It's sooooo easy to talk about responsibility behind your computer screen in your warm and cozy home. Just Thank God, Jesus, Alah, the Hindu Gods or whoever you worship that you were born in this great country. Thank God everyday that your children never have to suffer what these folks children have or are suffering. Thank God you have the opportunity to get and education and a descent job. Thank God you don't have worry about how you are going to feed your children and your family. Thank God you don't live in a dirt hut. Then after that...continue your hate bashing.
And if I were them I'd demand reform from the corrupt & lackluster governments running the country. Illegal aliens could certainly learn a lot from the protesters in France who will protest and cause a scene whenever they are unhappy.

My hatred of trespassers who are criminals by default? Certainly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration