U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yep.. and I'm one of 'em!!

What I Don't understand is why so many misguided liberals support Illegal Immigration.. If you look at it, it's an imperfect match.. Illegal Aliens reproduce in rapid numbers, meaning overpopulation which is bad for the enviornment, they are also HUGE consumers of cheap products made in China and other Third World Countries, and many like to drive HUGE SUV's to haul around their large number of children, again BAD for the Enviornment..

They don't have the biggest track record for Animal Rights as one form of entertainment that is crossing over to the states is Rooster fighting..

They are not Pro-Choice and in fact, many of the Males in Mexican culture believe that a woman should stay home and take care of the children literally barefoot and pregnant.. Many of them also view Women as objects that they can whistle at and make cat calls.. Not to mention the rampant homophobia and general intolerance towards gay people, as well as many racist attitudes that display some sort of Mexican Supremecy and resemble that of White Supremecists..

Also, For Progressives/Liberals to idolize JFK so much, it seems that Illegal Aliens contradict the "Ask Not What your Country Can Do for you, Ask what You can Do for your Country" mantra..

Many of their moral and religious beliefs stem from culture and the Catholic Church, yet I find it to be ironic that many Progressives and liberals are screaming when U.S. Citizens want our borders protected!
What I bolded would get the Mestizos beaten or worse in most of Latin America due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 04:06 PM

1,144 posts, read 3,255,825 times
Quote:

What I Don't understand is why so many misguided liberals support Illegal Immigration.. If you look at it, it's an imperfect match.. Illegal Aliens reproduce in rapid numbers, meaning overpopulation which is bad for the enviornment, they are also HUGE consumers of cheap products made in China and other Third World Countries, and many like to drive HUGE SUV's to haul around their large number of children, again BAD for the Enviornment..

They don't have the biggest track record for Animal Rights as one form of entertainment that is crossing over to the states is Rooster fighting..

They are not Pro-Choice and in fact, many of the Males in Mexican culture believe that a woman should stay home and take care of the children literally barefoot and pregnant.. Many of them also view Women as objects that they can whistle at and make cat calls.. Not to mention the rampant homophobia and general intolerance towards gay people, as well as many racist attitudes that display some sort of Mexican Supremecy and resemble that of White Supremecists..

Also, For Progressives/Liberals to idolize JFK so much, it seems that Illegal Aliens contradict the "Ask Not What your Country Can Do for you, Ask what You can Do for your Country" mantra..

Many of their moral and religious beliefs stem from culture and the Catholic Church, yet I find it to be ironic that many Progressives and liberals are screaming when U.S. Citizens want our borders protected!

Very well put.

It seems alot of these pro-illegal alien liberals are lost, crossed and confused about what they believe in. They talk about the environment, but offer absolutely nothing at all about what tough choices must be made to protect it, in every respect. Is it not obvious which item deserves more priority. Overpopulation is something that is happening in our country. We live in one of the most (pound for pound) polluting countries in the world. What is a quicker fix? Slowing the population growth here (we have replacement level fertility) or stopping our use of fossil fuels. The pro-illegals are also talking about what is apparant and real. We can't deport 12 million people, illegals are going to come for a better life no matter what, so their babies won't starve. Do they think we should allow in all of the worlds poor (don't half ass it and favor Mexico only, because that would be discrimination) and right away end the use of oil, or just stop adding numbers to those already here exacerbating the destruction of our planet.

Maybe, it should be a punishment for our country, for being such heartless and diabolical "Happy Feet" haters, to have to suffer the end of massive population growth. It would punish the greedy and wealthy the most though. We don't deserve these illegals. Let's send them back for their own good as they would become just like us, eventually. They would thank us in the end, truthfully.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:17 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Very well put.

It seems alot of these pro-illegal alien liberals are lost, crossed and confused about what they believe in. They talk about the environment, but offer absolutely nothing at all about what tough choices must be made to protect it, in every respect. Is it not obvious which item deserves more priority. Overpopulation is something that is happening in our country. We live in one of the most (pound for pound) polluting countries in the world. What is a quicker fix? Slowing the population growth here (we have replacement level fertility) or stopping our use of fossil fuels. The pro-illegals are also talking about what is apparant and real. We can't deport 12 million people, illegals are going to come for a better life no matter what, so their babies won't starve. Do they think we should allow in all of the worlds poor (don't half ass it and favor Mexico only, because that would be discrimination) and right away end the use of oil, or just stop adding numbers to those already here exacerbating the destruction of our planet.

Maybe, it should be a punishment for our country, for being such heartless and diabolical "Happy Feet" haters, to have to suffer the end of massive population growth. It would punish the greedy and wealthy the most though. We don't deserve these illegals. Let's send them back for their own good as they would become just like us, eventually. They would thank us in the end, truthfully.
Well said. Well put. In the immortal words of Charleton Heston " Soylent Green is people". Great post.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 AM

1,720 posts, read 3,930,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Illegal immigration costs, overall, $346 billion annually, according to economist Edwin Rubenstein at the ESR Economic Research Consultants and published at: www.thesocialcontract.com

Estimates show 300,000 to 350,000 illegal alien women stream into the United States annually to birth their babies upon American soil. Known as “anchor babies” or “jackpot babies”, the average cost of a normal delivery to U.S. taxpayers runs $6,000 to $8,000.

However, if the child suffers from a birth defect such as mio-cardial septal defect, Downs Syndrome, autism or AIDS, etc., the costs run into the millions for taxpayers. Additionally, those babies must be educated at taxpayer expense at $8,000 per year for 13 years K-12.

Their parents never pay enough in taxes because they work as such low wages and half of them work off the books. Thus, according to “Breaking the Piggy Bank: how illegal aliens keep American schools in the red” a study by www.fairus(dot)org , anchor babies cost U.S. taxpayers $7.4 billion annually. That does not include medical care costs that also run into the billions. Finally, more often than most realize, those anchor babies end up in our prisons at a cost of $2 billion annually to house, feed and medically care for them. Illegal criminal aliens consist of 29 percent of our prison populations. (Source: www.cis.org)

Denver Political Issues Examiner: Anchor babies away: enormous cost of jackpot babies to taxpayers (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner%7Ey2009m5d18-Anchor-babies-away-enormous-cost-of-jackpot-babies-to-taxpayers - broken link)

and thats one of the many reasons I dont report all of my gross earnings

Old 07-21-2009, 03:51 PM

4 posts, read 3,757 times
Default Poor mislead Jane72

Jane Jane Jane
This country is an immigrant country, we all know that. When they came in on ships and were indoctrinated into the US. Our forefathers fought to drive the Brits out. We now have laws as to how many legal immigrants are allowed into our country. Things were not so great for our forefathers at one time, but they fought and won our freedom that we live today.
So tell us Jane why haven't the men of Mexico and other latin countries pulled together and fought for what is theirs. In simple terms they are cowards.
They celebrate Cinco de Mayo which was fought by their forefathers. Now they celebrate here. When in reality the cowards left their homeland to collect welfare.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Hunter View Post
Jane Jane Jane
This country is an immigrant country, we all know that. When they came in on ships and were indoctrinated into the US. Our forefathers fought to drive the Brits out. We now have laws as to how many legal immigrants are allowed into our country. Things were not so great for our forefathers at one time, but they fought and won our freedom that we live today.
So tell us Jane why haven't the men of Mexico and other latin countries pulled together and fought for what is theirs. In simple terms they are cowards.
They celebrate Cinco de Mayo which was fought by their forefathers. Now they celebrate here. When in reality the cowards left their homeland to collect welfare.
Because (till very recently) so-called 'White guilt' made it easier for said cowards from SoB in particular to come up here vs. fighting for their rights (or at least simply making a go of it) back home.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 PM

85 posts, read 120,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C H View Post
Focus on the problem. Flow of illegal immigrants. What's the resolution...fixing and tightening our borders. But attacking the folks that are here like they are some demons from hell...not cute. It's sounds like HATE. Hating someone for trying to make a better life for their families. Sad. You talk of these folks as if they were murderers, rapist, and child molesters. And you folks think the US has the resources to deport the nearly 12 million illegal aliens.....keep on dreaming. What's your solution? And not some dream land solution...a real one. And don't say "deport them all"...cause it's NOT going to happen. You may want to start off with fixing the borders.....
Oh, puhleeze, "trying to make a better life for their families" - that tired old saw. Do "they" even know what a "better life is"??? Their collective impression of the United States is that our country is paved with gold and money grows on trees. Not only do these illegal aliens breed irresponsibly on our soil, they then expect US to support their offspring, most of whom end up in our prisons anyway.

What's the solution? Close the borders; deport those who break the law; ship the state illegal alien prisoners over to the federal government to deal with; PUNISH those who hire illegal aliens, and finally, start following the immigration laws ALREADY ON THE BOOKS.

Oh, and to all those pro-illegal alien supporters out there, why don't you pack your bags and go over to these "awful countries" (your words) to show them a better way, instead of doing so on our land???? I don't know what's worse -- the illegal aliens or those who support them.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
Oh, puhleeze, "trying to make a better life for their families" - that tired old saw. Do "they" even know what a "better life is"??? Their collective impression of the United States is that our country is paved with gold and money grows on trees. Not only do these illegal aliens breed irresponsibly on our soil, they then expect US to support their offspring, most of whom end up in our prisons anyway.

What's the solution? Close the borders; deport those who break the law; ship the state illegal alien prisoners over to the federal government to deal with; PUNISH those who hire illegal aliens, and finally, start following the immigration laws ALREADY ON THE BOOKS.

Oh, and to all those pro-illegal alien supporters out there, why don't you pack your bags and go over to these "awful countries" (your words) to show them a better way, instead of doing so on our land???? I don't know what's worse -- the illegal aliens or those who support them.
No kidding-----------especially what you pointed about breeding with no intentions of paying the children's expenses.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 AM

380 posts, read 612,066 times
Quote:

They are huge consumers of products from China you say? Who isn't a consumer of products from China? Go into any home of an American citizen and count how many products are from China. As a matter of fact go into most homes in South America, Europe, and Asia and you will find Chinese products. So are you suggesting that if illegal Mexican immigrants stopped purchasing Chinese made products the Chinese economy would crumble? How many things in your home say "MADE IN CHINA" ? Wow!!!! You are really scraping the barrel with that one.
What will you suggest next: That a new study proves that illegal immigrants have greater lung capacities and are to be blamed for the elevated carbon dioxide levels in California?

I didn't know China was still considered a third world country. If that is the case than the US is in debt to a third world nation.

Are you saying that illegal immigrants with large families are the only group of people who like to drive SUV's? Yeah, because well-to-do Americans with a lot of kids usually cram them all into a 2-seater or a hatch-back. And everyone knows how much Americans hate to drive SUV's. There are no American citizens who fight pit bulls either right? Ever hear of Michael Vick? Dog fighting is a major underground illegal activity with some Americans. Are you also suggesting that women hating anti-abortion types are unique to Mexican illegals. Watch Jerry Springer or COPS and get back to me on that one. And we all know that every single American citizen is accepting of all gay people too, right !?!?!?

What you have just described could very well be an American citizen too.

I have read some of your posts and most are well thought out and make sense, even if I do not agree with them. This post, on the other hand, is beneath you. It isn't cool to insult your own intelligence.

Last edited by contachster; 07-22-2009 at 01:11 AM..

Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 AM

23,821 posts, read 10,006,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Well, hell. I live in a border state.
I can't say I wouldn't do the same as them, in their shoes. I'd try to obtain the best life possible for myself and my children, as we probably all would.
I can't really fault them (illegal immigrants).
The ones I've encountered are religious, family-oriented, and work very hard.
Only a geographical accident of birth separates them from us. We are a wealthy nation.
Although I'm not wealthy, particularly- in fact, I'm pretty poor- I don't begrudge them entry if they're seeking a better life.
I do think that if arrested for a felony, they should be deported. We have enough criminals of the home-grown variety.
So because someone is nice and looking to better their family it is okay for them to steal? What do you say to the legal immigrants who went through the legal steps to obtain citizenship?
I have a few friends in the construction business whose wages have dropped significantly because illegals have lowered the pay scale. The scumbags that hire the illegals should be punished as well as the illegals who come here and steal jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration