U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 PM

60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I have a few friends in the construction business whose wages have dropped significantly because illegals have lowered the pay scale. The scumbags that hire the illegals should be punished as well as the illegals who come here and steal jobs.

Welcome to my world!!

My going rates have to be lower than they were in 1986, in order to be competitive???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 AM

291 posts, read 353,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
It's a dog-eat-dog world, I guess.
I've always been the type to root for the underdog, though.
It's just my nature.
You're trying to get the best possible life for yourself; so are they.
You were born with undeserved advantages, though.
They were born with undeserved disadvantages.
You were born in America, where even the poorest can afford to be fat.
They were born in impoverished circumstances.

I want everybody to be happy.

But I think you can be happy even with them living in your country.
And I'm not sure they can be happy, if they can't afford adequate food and medical care for their families no matter how hard they work, merely because of the location in which they were born.
tI don't begrudge them the opportunity to change his.
I don't begrudge them either, thats why they should get a little self respect and do it in their own country instead of draining ours!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
To those who think we owe illegal aliens a better life:

Suppose you start, by opening your homes to a family of illegall aliens. You provide food, shelter, utilities, clothing, and medical care for them, including costs for the birth of any future children. As for me, I prefer to put money into a college fund for my grandchildren, so they won't end up uneducated, unskilled, indigent, and depending on others to provide for them, rather than being taxed to pay for people who have no right to be in this country.

There are millions of people in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and South America who would like to come here for a better life. How many do you think we should take in? 100 millon? 300 million? Where do you suggest we draw the line?

Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 AM

<<I mean, I'm in the part of Mexico that the US illegally stole from the Mexicans.
You've heard, I assume, of "manifest destiny"?>>

Would that be the part that the US PAID Mexico for after the war?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 AM

<<their ignorance about birth control>>

It's not ignorance about birth control so much, it's if you have one baby here, he/she is entitled to welfare. Two babies? More welfare. Six babies? Lots of welfare.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<I mean, I'm in the part of Mexico that the US illegally stole from the Mexicans.
You've heard, I assume, of "manifest destiny"?>>

Would that be the part that the US PAID Mexico for after the war?
That bit about Mexico crying over losing our Southwest is getting old............

I certainly do not see the rage in Mexico over them losing Guatemala-----------besides, the Hispanics subjugated the Aztecs, etc. 300 years prior to 1848 but were is the rage over that, rhetorically speaking?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 AM

give the people already here a path to citizenship, so they can pay taxes and serve in the <<military.>>

They already serve in the military.
As for paying taxes, you do realize that most illegal aliens are poorly educated, and work at minimum wage jobs, don't you? Amnesty will not fix that, so they will pay a minimum in taxes, if any, and instead will most likely be eligible for the earned income credit.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:30 AM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That bit about Mexico crying over losing our Southwest is getting old............

I certainly do not see the rage in Mexico over them losing Guatemala-----------besides, the Hispanics subjugated the Aztecs, etc. 300 years prior to 1848 but were is the rage over that, rhetorically speaking?
Mexican War of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An 11+ year war is not enough? rethorically speaking?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Mexican War of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An 11+ year war is not enough? rethorically speaking?
Bottom line: hindsight being 20/20----------we (the USA) should have taken all of Mexico back in 1848.

As it is; Mexico is showing classic signs of disintegration due in large part to the drug cartels so it would not surprise me to see at least the northern tier of Mx states devolve to the USA by default.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:40 PM

291 posts, read 353,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Hunter View Post
Jane Jane Jane
This country is an immigrant country, we all know that. When they came in on ships and were indoctrinated into the US. Our forefathers fought to drive the Brits out. We now have laws as to how many legal immigrants are allowed into our country. Things were not so great for our forefathers at one time, but they fought and won our freedom that we live today.
So tell us Jane why haven't the men of Mexico and other latin countries pulled together and fought for what is theirs. In simple terms they are cowards.
They celebrate Cinco de Mayo which was fought by their forefathers. Now they celebrate here. When in reality the cowards left their homeland to collect welfare.
Perfect POST!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration