U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 PM

291 posts, read 353,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Welcome to my world!!

My going rates have to be lower than they were in 1986, in order to be competitive???
So TRUE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM

2,857 posts, read 5,847,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Illegal immigration costs, overall, $346 billion annually, according to economist Edwin Rubenstein at the ESR Economic Research Consultants and published at: www.thesocialcontract.com

Estimates show 300,000 to 350,000 illegal alien women stream into the United States annually to birth their babies upon American soil. Known as “anchor babies” or “jackpot babies”, the average cost of a normal delivery to U.S. taxpayers runs $6,000 to $8,000.

However, if the child suffers from a birth defect such as mio-cardial septal defect, Downs Syndrome, autism or AIDS, etc., the costs run into the millions for taxpayers. Additionally, those babies must be educated at taxpayer expense at $8,000 per year for 13 years K-12.

Their parents never pay enough in taxes because they work as such low wages and half of them work off the books. Thus, according to “Breaking the Piggy Bank: how illegal aliens keep American schools in the red” a study by www.fairus(dot)org , anchor babies cost U.S. taxpayers $7.4 billion annually. That does not include medical care costs that also run into the billions. Finally, more often than most realize, those anchor babies end up in our prisons at a cost of $2 billion annually to house, feed and medically care for them. Illegal criminal aliens consist of 29 percent of our prison populations. (Source: www.cis.org)

Denver Political Issues Examiner: Anchor babies away: enormous cost of jackpot babies to taxpayers (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner~y2009m5d18-Anchor-babies-away-enormous-cost-of-jackpot-babies-to-taxpayers - broken link)
I think that says more about the problems with the costs of our medical care than it does illegal immigration.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:13 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I think that says more about the problems with the costs of our medical care than it does illegal immigration.
That stated: it is not the responsibility for the USA to take care of the Third World's medical needs------------Mexico, etc. need to grow up and take care of their own citizens.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:08 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
<<I certainly do not see the rage in Mexico over them losing Guatemala>>

You have to wait until Guatemala becomes a productive, wealthy, 1st world country.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM

86 posts, read 97,611 times
There are SOOO many Americans that are tired of listening to the PRO-Illegal supporters. I just recieved a phone call from San Ramon California. They were trying to get ahold of some hispanic lady who had my number previously. She called 4 times a day for 3 days straight saying, why don't you support the illegal immigrants march in DC in March 2010. I told her straight up. I don't support illegal immigration. You people expect Americans to pay for ALL of your children via out of control breeding and then march through US cities and towns waiving Mexician flags like you own this country! It took her a few moments to answer and she said, "your a racist." I laughed at her for five minutes.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laloesch View Post
There are SOOO many Americans that are tired of listening to the PRO-Illegal supporters. I just recieved a phone call from San Ramon California. They were trying to get ahold of some hispanic lady who had my number previously. She called 4 times a day for 3 days straight saying, why don't you support the illegal immigrants march in DC in March 2010. I told her straight up. I don't support illegal immigration. You people expect Americans to pay for ALL of your children via out of control breeding and then march through US cities and towns waiving Mexician flags like you own this country! It took her a few moments to answer and she said, "your a racist." I laughed at her for five minutes.
The 'race card' pertaining to illegal aliens no longer works on me either.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:52 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Illegal immigration costs, overall, $346 billion annually, according to economist Edwin Rubenstein at the ESR Economic Research Consultants and published at: www.thesocialcontract.com

Estimates show 300,000 to 350,000 illegal alien women stream into the United States annually to birth their babies upon American soil. Known as “anchor babies” or “jackpot babies”, the average cost of a normal delivery to U.S. taxpayers runs $6,000 to $8,000.

However, if the child suffers from a birth defect such as mio-cardial septal defect, Downs Syndrome, autism or AIDS, etc., the costs run into the millions for taxpayers. Additionally, those babies must be educated at taxpayer expense at $8,000 per year for 13 years K-12.

Their parents never pay enough in taxes because they work as such low wages and half of them work off the books. Thus, according to “Breaking the Piggy Bank: how illegal aliens keep American schools in the red” a study by www.fairus(dot)org , anchor babies cost U.S. taxpayers $7.4 billion annually. That does not include medical care costs that also run into the billions. Finally, more often than most realize, those anchor babies end up in our prisons at a cost of $2 billion annually to house, feed and medically care for them. Illegal criminal aliens consist of 29 percent of our prison populations. (Source: www.cis.org)

Denver Political Issues Examiner: Anchor babies away: enormous cost of jackpot babies to taxpayers (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner~y2009m5d18-Anchor-babies-away-enormous-cost-of-jackpot-babies-to-taxpayers - broken link)

edit

Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laloesch View Post
Because most are and probably don't even know (or care) that Illegals come in all flavors just like legal Immigrants. The word "illegal" is what seems to auto-trigger the word racist. Racist is so 80s and pretty much dead as a buzzword.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:00 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because most are and probably don't even know (or care) that Illegals come in all flavors just like legal Immigrants. The word "illegal" is what seems to auto-trigger the word racist. Racist is so 80s and pretty much dead as a buzzword.
Those who use the unfounded term racist and hater immediately show they have lost the argument and have run out of reasonable points. They just don't know what else to do.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM

1,144 posts, read 3,255,330 times
America needs to find away to better the life of it's current citizens without the need to rely on the poor and desperate. I imagine that for every middle-class level legal immigrant that comes here, we need 3 illegals to support their consumption needs. It is this flawed system that has us in the quandry we are in.

The wealthy believe this cycle of upward mobility is a good thing for the country as a whole. As we Americans get richer, we will bring in more poor people to do the undesirable jobs and then children of those poor immigrants will be the next wave to enter the middle class. Thus the cycle begins again, but with each new round, a larger number of poor immigrants must come in to support an ever increasing population.

This is their moral trump card in condoning their ignorance of the wishes of most regular, unenlightened American citizens. With this trump card and their insatiable greed, we have no chance. They control the media, government and the money. All we have is the vote, though we seem get some sort of temporary amnesia we go to exercise this power. That's if we go at all.

Now for the incoveniant reality of modern times. Many of the interests these elites hold dear to their hearts and wallets are starting to conflict with each other. Population growth and the environment. An educated and internet empowered populace colliding with their need to gain more power through war
ponzi schemes. Support of a society built on fossil fuels and growing population with that exact growing population depleting the volume of fossil fuels at a rate they probably did not fathom or rightly prepare for. Their need for greed has caused them to back away from the model of spreading democracy, though that practice is backfiring with these upcoming nations not reliably staying safely under their thumb as they arrogantly assumed.

Sadly, you really don't hear of many rich people who are against illegal immigration. They don't have to directly deal with it's consequences. I wonder if regular Joe's like ourselves would become rich, would we care about keeping illegals out? I wonder if I was sitting in St. Tropez in a speedo if I would give a crap about Mexican's in Kansas. Especially if my $$$ was somehow tied to them being there. With our society based on this infinite growth model, you can forget the wealthy choosing to be on the right side. As for as their competing interests, I suppose more population, thus more $$$$ will trump the environment and social stability(notice how the global warming arguement is suddenly fallen a bit to the wayside). I so hope Obama raises taxes on the wealthy. I'll bet you if that where to happen the Malthusian arguement would be back in fashion before you can say "Bailout".

If anyone have any ideas on a way out of this quandry, I would be open ears/eyes.

Last edited by UrbanQuest; 03-09-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration