U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 01:09 PM

291 posts, read 353,151 times

Advertisements

[quote=Ceece;8933655]Illegal Mexican immigrants are not a problem in the part of CA I live in. It's fellow Americans.

I hope everyone realizes that even if all the illegal immigrants left today there would still be a huge Hispanic population in California. Music and all.

Removing one is better than none ! wheres Joe when you need him?

Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Illegal Mexican immigrants are not a problem in the part of CA I live in. It's fellow Americans.

I hope everyone realizes that even if all the illegal immigrants left today there would still be a huge Hispanic population in California. Music and all.
Contrary to the pro-illegal/open borders propaganda, we are NOT anti-Hispanic; we are anti-ILLEGAL alien Ė of ANY race/ethnicity. I guess itís our fault the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:57 PM

223 posts, read 254,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I have been living in California for about 4 years and have noticed that the culture that is portrayed on television about California really does not exist anywhere except maybe Santa Monica or Malibu. Most of Southern California is a haven for illegal immigrants and their dirty, crime-ridden, gang-infested neighborhoods.

The culture of California is suffering. Where are all of the historical craftsman houses? Oh yeah, they are being stuccoed and painted pink with tacky iron fences around them. And if you are REALLY lucky, they won't put up a fence at all and instead will use old garage doors and scrap pieces of wood to make a fence.

They park 100 cars in their driveways because there are 40 people living in each home, hanging their laundry on the fences and in the trees and letting their children terrorize the neighborhood with their loud, gang-infested friends.

California was once a beautiful state where people could be anything they wanted and the illegal Mexicans have taken over and turned it into a cesspool that is filthy, expensive, and no longer American.

I am so sick of seeing commercials in Spanish and receiving mail at my home that is only written in Spanish.

I am sick of going to grocery stores where the clerks don's speak English.

I am sick of hearing Mariachi clown music blasted day and night with no regard to people who have to sleep.

I am sick of trying to buy clothing and finding nothing but tacky, lime-green, stretchy hooker dresses with sequins and bullcrap sewn all over it.

I am sick of people with pit bulls terrorizing the neighborhoods with their out-of-control dogs.

I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar.

I am sick of the crime, the theft, the gangs.

I am sick of the government of California kowtowing to the illegals and making room for them to come over here and crap out a bunch of anchor babies and rape our healthcare system with their promiscuous, ignorant, non-birth-control-taking selves.

I am sick of illegals sending their non-english-speaking children to school where other children suffer because the teachers are spending half of their class time catering to the illegal children.

I am sick of seeing masses of illegals hovering around Home Depot holding up signs demanding $15 an hour to do illegal under the table work.

I am sick of illegals knocking on my door trying to sell their homemade tamales, asking if I have any gold to sell, or asking if they can mow my lawn for extra money.

I am sick of living in a state where I pay thousands of dollars in taxes to support people who do not work and keep having children and getting their rent for free.

I am sick of having to pay extra insurance because so many of the illegals on the road do not have a driver's license OR car insurance.

I am sick of immigration rallies being held downtown where the taxpayers have to be responsible for cleaning up after the carnage and providing security.

California will not be recognizable in 5 years. I barely recognize it now.
So what is California culture? Anglo-White culture? The surfers? Hippies? lol.

To me, California is a little more diverse than that. And it's always had a Mexican flavor.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:04 PM

5 posts, read 5,325 times
The culture being smoking pot and protesting. Nooo how can we get back to that?!??!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
No,what would happen is that state spending on social services would decrease sharply,the cost of law enforcement drop,housing become more affordable,businesses would stay instead of leaving the state,former residents would return,and the general quality of life increase.Oh yes,and the economy of California has ALREADY crashed,and the illegal situation bears a major share of the blame.
State spending on social services would probably not decrease the cost of law enforcement def. will not decrease (a small percentage of violent crimes are caused by illegal immigrants), housing will not be more affordable, businesses would actually leave CA, former residents will not return due to a poor performing economy.

Oh, and the economic crash in CA was NOT EVEN remotely due to illegal immigrants...how can it be when they have such a small percentage of home loans?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The costs of providing 'free' medical care and education along with the money spent incarcerating the one who commit crimes would probably far outstrip any losses due to the sales tax they pay.
The potential benefits will of education and medical care will far and away benefit the economy of CA than deportation, walls, and military on the border. If we actually spent our money on medical care wisely, we would already have a version of universal healthcare. We spend the greatest % of our budget on healthcare than any other nation, yet don't universally have healthcare.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While there are varying degrees of crime, it doesn't negate the fact that breaking and entering is a crime and ALL illegal aliens are criminals. Illegals wake up every single day anticipating the perpetration of their next criminal act that will allow them to remain in the US illegally.

While it may make you feel better to think you are not criminals, simply because you have not yet murdered, raped of maimed anyone pretty much confirms the fact that for millions of you, the lights are on, but nobody is home.
You CANNOT be serious.
Sorry if we aren't paranoid?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And what is so bad about a 'Berlin Wall' along our southern border or what Israel has to keep the illegal Palestinians out?

If Mexico does not like it: either they take back their illegal alien criminals or we annex that nation------------which will mean the end of Spanish, etc.
Really? Sometimes I wonder about the comments you make...like this is an act right?

A Berlin style wall in CA? I'm not paying for it.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didnít say that ALL illegal aliens are violent criminals. I asked you a question based on YOUR post which implied that NONE of them are violent criminals. I ask again; what do you call a person who has illegally entered this country and commits rape, murder, theft, or deal drugs? Are they, or are they not CRIMINALS, including violent criminals?
I think there is a huge distinction. A person who jay walks is a criminal. A person who goes 70 mph on the freeway is a criminal. A person who has a brown lawn, but uses too much water on said lawn is, in some cities, a criminal.

With that said, "criminal" and "criminal" are two different things. Criminals have a connotation of violent or highly malicious. For the most part, illegal immigrants are neither violent nor malice in their intent.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The gringo stole their land. Got it. By your reasoning, and I use that term very loosely, we should be required to return Baton Rouge LA, Boise ID and Des Moines IA to the French; Anaheim CA, New Braunfels TX and Schaumburg IL to the Germans and Aberedeen SD to the Scots. Do we need to give Lebanon MO back to the Lebanese? This is nonsense.

Hmmm... almost every major city in the Northeast has a European sounding name. Your point being?

The whites, blacks and asians you describe are citizens of this country, thus it is our responsibility to deal with them. The illegals do all of the above and in addition they are not supposed to be here.

Sounds like dogs don't like you.

Ok, Einstein. What is a 'clothing sentence'. I am led to suspect that this is not being written in a dorm room at MIT.

I want illegals gone. All of them.
Baton Rouge was mutually traded by the French and the Americans. Anaheim was in the state of California (founded in 1858, 10 years after it became a state)...all the other cities you mentioned either have no affiliation to the countries they are named after (Lebanon, MO is named after Lebanon TN...not the country...Lebanon TN is named Lebanon due to the high number of cedar trees).

Yes, they do have English names. Still does not negate the fact that the lands we gained were via an ultimatum.

Not helping illegal immigrants will create an underclass. Said underclass will only hinder the economy.

The clothing sentence was in reference to the OP's sentence in which was stated all clothing in CA was garish and revealing. If you read the quotation you could have deduced that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or