U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2009, 07:55 AM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,749,160 times
Reputation: 966

Advertisements

Hey Kraken...take note of my username. I was born and raised and spent my whole life in Southern California, and I "escaped" two years ago.

Everything you say....EVERYTHING you say....is 100% true. California (especially Southern California) is slowly being turned into a Mexican cesspool by the parasitic, freeloading illegal aliens.

 
Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Reputation: 3785
Note to the OP:

We were suffering some of what he listed here in the Phx area.

Then 'something' wonderful happened: between the crashing economy, our employer sanctions law and Sheriff Joe--------------those illegal aliens losers started disappearing in droves and the the remainder are frankly petrified.

Read that we are reclaiming more and more enclaves from said criminals

Still lots of work to be done but I have definitely seen the changes in just the last 18 months
 
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,832,685 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I have been living in California for about 4 years and have noticed that the culture that is portrayed on television about California really does not exist anywhere except maybe Santa Monica or Malibu. Most of Southern California is a haven for illegal immigrants and their dirty, crime-ridden, gang-infested neighborhoods.

The culture of California is suffering. Where are all of the historical craftsman houses? Oh yeah, they are being stuccoed and painted pink with tacky iron fences around them. And if you are REALLY lucky, they won't put up a fence at all and instead will use old garage doors and scrap pieces of wood to make a fence.

They park 100 cars in their driveways because there are 40 people living in each home, hanging their laundry on the fences and in the trees and letting their children terrorize the neighborhood with their loud, gang-infested friends.

California was once a beautiful state where people could be anything they wanted and the illegal Mexicans have taken over and turned it into a cesspool that is filthy, expensive, and no longer American.

I am so sick of seeing commercials in Spanish and receiving mail at my home that is only written in Spanish.

I am sick of going to grocery stores where the clerks don's speak English.

I am sick of hearing Mariachi clown music blasted day and night with no regard to people who have to sleep.

I am sick of trying to buy clothing and finding nothing but tacky, lime-green, stretchy hooker dresses with sequins and bullcrap sewn all over it.

I am sick of people with pit bulls terrorizing the neighborhoods with their out-of-control dogs.

I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar.

I am sick of the crime, the theft, the gangs.

I am sick of the government of California kowtowing to the illegals and making room for them to come over here and crap out a bunch of anchor babies and rape our healthcare system with their promiscuous, ignorant, non-birth-control-taking selves.

I am sick of illegals sending their non-english-speaking children to school where other children suffer because the teachers are spending half of their class time catering to the illegal children.

I am sick of seeing masses of illegals hovering around Home Depot holding up signs demanding $15 an hour to do illegal under the table work.

I am sick of illegals knocking on my door trying to sell their homemade tamales, asking if I have any gold to sell, or asking if they can mow my lawn for extra money.

I am sick of living in a state where I pay thousands of dollars in taxes to support people who do not work and keep having children and getting their rent for free.

I am sick of having to pay extra insurance because so many of the illegals on the road do not have a driver's license OR car insurance.

I am sick of immigration rallies being held downtown where the taxpayers have to be responsible for cleaning up after the carnage and providing security.

California will not be recognizable in 5 years. I barely recognize it now.
I feel your pain. This is precisely why so many citizens of this country are angry. Yet, we are considered “racist” for wanting this to end.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,945,740 times
Reputation: 1333
I lived in California towns like Salinas,areas around Paso Robles,King City.
Sad as it is,California is the example the rest of the nation should look at for..
What COULD happen if something isnt done.
Im only early 30's but i wonder what California was like in the 1950's,60's.
I think the white middle class has been fleeing California since the 90's
And will continue to do so.Who's is going to pay for all the Illegals once..
The middle class is so small???
 
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,118,202 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I have been living in California for about 4 years and have noticed that the culture that is portrayed on television about California really does not exist anywhere except maybe Santa Monica or Malibu. Most of Southern California is a haven for illegal immigrants and their dirty, crime-ridden, gang-infested neighborhoods.

The culture of California is suffering. Where are all of the historical craftsman houses? Oh yeah, they are being stuccoed and painted pink with tacky iron fences around them. And if you are REALLY lucky, they won't put up a fence at all and instead will use old garage doors and scrap pieces of wood to make a fence.

They park 100 cars in their driveways because there are 40 people living in each home, hanging their laundry on the fences and in the trees and letting their children terrorize the neighborhood with their loud, gang-infested friends.

California was once a beautiful state where people could be anything they wanted and the illegal Mexicans have taken over and turned it into a cesspool that is filthy, expensive, and no longer American.

I am so sick of seeing commercials in Spanish and receiving mail at my home that is only written in Spanish.

I am sick of going to grocery stores where the clerks don's speak English.

I am sick of hearing Mariachi clown music blasted day and night with no regard to people who have to sleep.

I am sick of trying to buy clothing and finding nothing but tacky, lime-green, stretchy hooker dresses with sequins and bullcrap sewn all over it.

I am sick of people with pit bulls terrorizing the neighborhoods with their out-of-control dogs.

I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar.

I am sick of the crime, the theft, the gangs.

I am sick of the government of California kowtowing to the illegals and making room for them to come over here and crap out a bunch of anchor babies and rape our healthcare system with their promiscuous, ignorant, non-birth-control-taking selves.

I am sick of illegals sending their non-english-speaking children to school where other children suffer because the teachers are spending half of their class time catering to the illegal children.

I am sick of seeing masses of illegals hovering around Home Depot holding up signs demanding $15 an hour to do illegal under the table work.

I am sick of illegals knocking on my door trying to sell their homemade tamales, asking if I have any gold to sell, or asking if they can mow my lawn for extra money.

I am sick of living in a state where I pay thousands of dollars in taxes to support people who do not work and keep having children and getting their rent for free.

I am sick of having to pay extra insurance because so many of the illegals on the road do not have a driver's license OR car insurance.

I am sick of immigration rallies being held downtown where the taxpayers have to be responsible for cleaning up after the carnage and providing security.

California will not be recognizable in 5 years. I barely recognize it now.

I COMPLETELY Understand!!! Having grown up in a small former-air force town in Central California, seeing the town switch from a boring suburban area to a haven for Gangs, Illegal Aliens who don't want to speak English, and people that play their Mariachi music at all hours of the night along with rooster fights, etc.. makes my old neighborhood look trashy..

There are also a large number of gang shootings, robberies, drug dealing, and auto theft..

You are correct, "The California Dream" died quite a while ago.. Not just Southern California, but the problem has infested the entire state and is on it's way to spreading thorughout the entire Country.. A More accurate depiction of California would be on the History Channel's show "Gangland"..
 
Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,085,116 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I'm positive I was in San Dimas, it was actually over off of 4th and Monte Vista. Apartment buildings in the middle of the neighborhood and wayyyy too many gang-types for me.
The city was beautiful other than that.
See this is my point of people bashing CA. No offense, but people only look at the extremes of CA. People either look at Beverly Hills or Compton. They forget the suburban blandness that is the majority of CA. Gang types can just be a minority wearing baggy clothing, but not in a gang. My friend was a "gang" type. In the sense he wore the baggy clothing, he wore the dew rag, etc. But he was not in a gang. In fact he was in IB/AP with me. He graduated this year. Remember, you can look like you're in a gang without being in a gang.

Okay, let's assume they were in a gang. This is not the majority of the city, nor the state. CA has a 10.4 percentage points on Arkansas on how many people have a bachelor's degree or higher (29.1% vs. 18.7%). It also has lower rates of poverty (13.3% vs. 17.5%). The last figure may have changed since 2007, due to the economic crisis, but seeing how it has a highly educated workforce (which becomes more educated as time passes, contrary to the popular belief on this board) and a very diverse economy...CA will be poised for the future.

The major hinderances of CA is not illegals per se, but our lack of money management and lack of affordable housing. We have resources that other states envy. We are the economic engine of the US. However, during boom times we become too spendthrifty. A lot of waste occurs. Instead of providing unique solutions, we award expensive contracts. Money that could be spent on education, infrastructure, healthcare...lines the pockets of politicians and CEOs (think about what Enron did to CA during the "energy crisis" completely fabricated crisis). Housing is expensive in CA. Now only the far-flung inland areas are cheap. If prices were lower, this would dramatically improve CA.

We have the best secondary education in the nation. Tons of innovative products stream from here. Our suburbs are consistently ranked as the nation's safest and most liveable. San Diego and San Jose are two of the safest large cities in the nation (number 6 and 1 respectively).

With that said, there is crime in Compton, San Bernardino, Oakland. In what state is there no crime whatsoever? AR?

What are these roosters everyone keeps talking about? Am I the only one in CA that has not seen a rooster while living in an area that is 30-40% Hispanic? I've heard Mariachi music, but only as often as heavy metal or hip hop blaring.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness. Is it possible that you are exhibiting what is known as the minority effect? You tend to only remember events that stick out in your head since they are so out of the norm that makes them even more salient. Since it is so salient, you think that the event occurs at higher frequencies, but in reality it is either an isolated event or an event that occurs rarely. For example if John got drunk twice in one year, people would more likely say he was drunk much more often. This is because the event was so rare people remember John being drunk than regular John being sober. Just a thought.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,085,116 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Hey Kraken...take note of my username. I was born and raised and spent my whole life in Southern California, and I "escaped" two years ago.

Everything you say....EVERYTHING you say....is 100% true. California (especially Southern California) is slowly being turned into a Mexican cesspool by the parasitic, freeloading illegal aliens.


What the majority of CA is like.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 10:10 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,632,169 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

What the majority of CA is like.
I know something about California. I'm a fourth generation resident. My wife's family has been here somewhat longer, having walked across the Bering Strait from Asia sometime around 30,000 years ago.

California has some of the most expensive real estate in the world. It also has vast, festering barrios, grafitti-stewn ghettos, and tiny, isolated logging towns. It has miles of poor neighborhoods, and many, many pockets of rural squalor and 'trailer camps, (complete with cockfights and derelict cars) that would make Arkansas or Mississippi look like Switzerland by comparison. It also has MILES of middle-class tract housing that AREN'T part of a 'planned community'.

California ALSO has areas like your photo, above...and that's what those who watch TV get to see. But that is not what the MAJORITY of California is like...not even close. Most of it, in fact, is nearly uninhabited. California has many things, and MOST of it, in real life, isn't at ALL like your photo. That's simply not true.

If you're going to make broad-brush statements, prepare to back them up.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I COMPLETELY Understand!!! Having grown up in a small former-air force town in Central California, seeing the town switch from a boring suburban area to a haven for Gangs, Illegal Aliens who don't want to speak English, and people that play their Mariachi music at all hours of the night along with rooster fights, etc.. makes my old neighborhood look trashy..

There are also a large number of gang shootings, robberies, drug dealing, and auto theft..

You are correct, "The California Dream" died quite a while ago.. Not just Southern California, but the problem has infested the entire state and is on it's way to spreading thorughout the entire Country.. A More accurate depiction of California would be on the History Channel's show "Gangland"..
In all fairness: when I was visiting the 'Hi-Desert' (Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree area) about 3 years ago, I still felt the faint vibe of the 'California Dreamin' of 30+ years ago.

The people there still seemed to have that laid back, open attitude that Calif was noted for.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 AM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,749,160 times
Reputation: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know something about California. I'm a fourth generation resident. My wife's family has been here somewhat longer, having walked across the Bering Strait from Asia sometime around 30,000 years ago.

California has some of the most expensive real estate in the world. It also has vast, festering barrios, grafitti-stewn ghettos, and tiny, isolated logging towns. It has miles of poor neighborhoods, and many, many pockets of rural squalor and 'trailer camps, (complete with cockfights and derelict cars) that would make Arkansas or Mississippi look like Switzerland by comparison. It also has MILES of middle-class tract housing that AREN'T part of a 'planned community'.

California ALSO has areas like your photo, above...and that's what those who watch TV get to see. But that is not what the MAJORITY of California is like...not even close. Most of it, in fact, is nearly uninhabited. California has many things, and MOST of it, in real life, isn't at ALL like your photo. That's simply not true.

If you're going to make broad-brush statements, prepare to back them up.
Absolutely, 100% correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top