U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 02:37 PM

435 posts, read 536,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Point #1 Spain is caucasian, not Latino. Trying to guess Latin America's future by looking at Spain is like saying South Africa is going to be just like the UK

Point #2 Latin America does not have a low birth rate, especially when compared to white Americans and Europeans.

Point #3 My comment is "tongue in cheek"... you don't have to grow a huge furry beard and get some stinky hides to wrap yourself in just yet. What all of us (especially in the West) need to accept is a more latino-ish word in the future. For better or worse that is the trend. Now I know what the Native Americans felt like.

Latino is not a race. Everyone one in south America is causasian.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,081,741 times
According to your reasoning, there is no difference between someone driving a stolen car and someone driving a car they paid for since both are driving cars. There is no difference between a bank robber carrying a sack of money out of the bank and a bank depositor carrying a sack of money that he has taken out of his account since both are carrying sacks of money. There is no difference between an actual American with a ss# and an illegal with a stolen/forged ss# since both have ss#s.

A stolen car and stolen money are tangibles (Jack stole Sally's car). Illegal immigrants can become legal with a matter of a pen stroke. With your rationale, a person going 10 miles over the speed limit is the same type of criminal as a rapist. Both broke the law, therefore both are criminals.

Quite frankly, this line of thought represents the sort of moral vacuity that leaves me shaking my head.

The simplicity of treatment of the situation kind of makes me worried about this nation. Are we truly becoming a nation in which things are not thought out thuroughly? This simplicity was the same way we entered into Iraq in haste.

Says who?

Americans deserve a comprehensive program that will be beneficial to all parties. A program that will aid our nation, not bankrupt it.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:41 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Most of Southern California is bland suburbia. Not an illegal haven.
I don't know what part of California you're referring to. The California I left a year and a half ago was not "bland suburbia." Even in most formerly upper class neighborhoods, you can't swing a dead cat without smacking an illegal alien.....

Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,472,599 times
i dont think so, mexican b4, spanish b4, indian b4, and b4 that???
history of real estate somebody arrives runs off or kills the people there and says god gave me this land. trust me when the indians got here there was somebody already living here.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:44 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I don't know what part of California you're referring to. The California I left a year and a half ago was not "bland suburbia." Even in most formerly upper class neighborhoods, you can't swing a dead cat without smacking an illegal alien.....

Good to see you Kele.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:50 PM

[quote=JDubsMom;8961458]As much as illegal aliens and their supporters see it as a complicated issue, it's not and the resolution is really quite elementary.

The last time we made a complex situation "elementary" we entered into a prolonged military engagement. This matter is complex and all complexities need to be addressed.

We have laws in this country. Those who entered illegally willfully broke those laws and by their own volition continued to do so by building strawman lives by virtue of: stealing identities, having babies, purchasing property and taking advantage of an endless list of other rights and privileges that they knew fully well they were not entitled to.

If anything the threads of portraying them as violent criminals is a strawman argument. More of a red herring.

That being said at the end of the day, I'm sure I speak for many when I state that there seems to be a disconnect with illegal aliens and their supporters when it comes to the issue of personal responsibility and the acceptance of consequences for your actions.

What are you talking about? Personal responsiblity...such as what?

If they have anchor babies, they have no-one to blame but themselves for abusing another one of their tricks of the trade and acts of deceit. This fraud being perpetrated upon America and her taxpayers and against their own offspring, really needs to stop. But, US citizen children by default or not, they created that problem and they need to accept responsibility for their criminal behavior/actions.

We don't want to separate anybody's family and they are free to take their burdens back with them. When said anchors reach the age of 18 they can re-enter the country as legal adult citizens.

Really? This creates a large uneeded burden on young adults.

Illegals who have married Americans, and vice versa knew the consequences of their actions. The American needs to either secure some form of legalization for their spouse or return to said illegal spouse's homeland with them.

Typically immigration issues are really confusing. Sometimes people don't know because of the way the system is set up. Hence why we do need to make an easier, logical system. Esp when dealing with/marriage and families.

DREAMies: Are now legal adults all of who claim they want to be Americans. They should prove that by taking the baby step of respecting the laws of this country by leaving and returning through the legal process. Otherwise, they simply reiterate the fact that they have become nothing more than proteges of their criminal parents.

It could take a long time for them to reenter...if they were born American, then they are American. If you want to change the law to have no birthright, then fine. I think that their citizenship should still be recognized since they were legal.

Everybody else here illegally, should leave and not let the doorknob hit you where the dog should have bit you. Nobody forced anyone to come here and we the taxpayers should not be forced to foot the bill for getting rid of you and your burdens.

More of the same soundbits...nothing new said.
That's how simple it really is.

Not really...

Old 05-24-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Are you sure you were in CA? Unless you were in South Central, bland suburbs mostly.

Seriously, wondering though, where in California were you?

Last edited by that1guy; 05-24-2009 at 03:04 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When did I launch a “personal attack?” It’s truly sad that you actually don’t realize how totally intransigent you are. If someone stated 2+2=4, you would counter their statement with your ‘logic’ of how the answer would be different had we been taught differently. No one is infallible; but some people refuse to accept the fact that they may be wrong, and that others may have valid points. IMO, your attitude isn’t conducive to engaging in meaningful dialogue.
Some of your posts are just a reiteration of what I say in a sarcastic tone in order to somehow disqualify what I say. "So multiculturalism is exhibited by a tan boxes?" Quite frankly instead of having meaningful things to say, it seems that you use sarcasm to discount the other person. So how can I have a meaningful conversation that will only discount what I say by essentially saying "that1guy, you're ideas are stupid". It becomes a little hard to, well, talk to you. Sarcasm in small doses is okay, but it puts off people.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:06 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
[quote=that1guy;8961677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As much as illegal aliens and their supporters see it as a complicated issue, it's not and the resolution is really quite elementary.

The last time we made a complex situation "elementary" we entered into a prolonged military engagement. This matter is complex and all complexities need to be addressed.

We have laws in this country. Those who entered illegally willfully broke those laws and by their own volition continued to do so by building strawman lives by virtue of: stealing identities, having babies, purchasing property and taking advantage of an endless list of other rights and privileges that they knew fully well they were not entitled to.

If anything the threads of portraying them as violent criminals is a strawman argument. More of a red herring.

That being said at the end of the day, I'm sure I speak for many when I state that there seems to be a disconnect with illegal aliens and their supporters when it comes to the issue of personal responsibility and the acceptance of consequences for your actions.

What are you talking about? Personal responsiblity...such as what?

If they have anchor babies, they have no-one to blame but themselves for abusing another one of their tricks of the trade and acts of deceit. This fraud being perpetrated upon America and her taxpayers and against their own offspring, really needs to stop. But, US citizen children by default or not, they created that problem and they need to accept responsibility for their criminal behavior/actions.

We don't want to separate anybody's family and they are free to take their burdens back with them. When said anchors reach the age of 18 they can re-enter the country as legal adult citizens.

Really? This creates a large uneeded burden on young adults.

Illegals who have married Americans, and vice versa knew the consequences of their actions. The American needs to either secure some form of legalization for their spouse or return to said illegal spouse's homeland with them.

Typically immigration issues are really confusing. Sometimes people don't know because of the way the system is set up. Hence why we do need to make an easier, logical system. Esp when dealing with/marriage and families.

DREAMies: Are now legal adults all of who claim they want to be Americans. They should prove that by taking the baby step of respecting the laws of this country by leaving and returning through the legal process. Otherwise, they simply reiterate the fact that they have become nothing more than proteges of their criminal parents.

It could take a long time for them to reenter...if they were born American, then they are American. If you want to change the law to have no birthright, then fine. I think that their citizenship should still be recognized since they were legal.

Everybody else here illegally, should leave and not let the doorknob hit you where the dog should have bit you. Nobody forced anyone to come here and we the taxpayers should not be forced to foot the bill for getting rid of you and your burdens.

More of the same soundbits...nothing new said.
That's how simple it really is.

Not really...
You keep stressing the "sufferage" that illegals will be forced to endure if they are held accountable for their deliberate criminal actions, as if that should be a concern of America's. Again, at what point do illegal aliens and their supporters grow up and take responsibility for their actions? In the first world personal responsibility is necessary in order for a country to become successful. It's also called being an adult.

From the way all of you sound in your pathetic attempts to defend the indefensible, with any luck and a lot of prayer, you might become responsible adults by the 12th of never.

One things' for sure, at least nobody (including illegal aliens) ever need to question why their homelands remain in 3rd world dysfunctional status. One look in the mirror and they are looking at the source of all that is perpetually wrong with the country you hail from.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:08 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Some of your posts are just a reiteration of what I say in a sarcastic tone in order to somehow disqualify what I say. "So multiculturalism is exhibited by a tan boxes?" Quite frankly instead of having meaningful things to say, it seems that you use sarcasm to discount the other person. So how can I have a meaningful conversation that will only discount what I say by essentially saying "that1guy, you're ideas are stupid". It becomes a little hard to, well, talk to you. Sarcasm in small doses is okay, but it puts off people.
Do YOU even know what you are saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or