U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,103,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Remember something about Anglo-Saxon culture: we may be slow to anger; but once enraged-------------look out!
Why do you bring up these things? I'm half white btw...it matters about Anglo-Saxon culture because?

Old 05-24-2009, 05:21 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,942,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
EXPLAIN the complexities. If you truly understand the complexities that you claim people are ignoring, then you should be able to explain them.

Did they violate US immigration law by coming here illegally or overstaying a visa? Were they aware that they were violating US immigration law when they chose to do so? Are they aware that they continue to violate the law by living in the US illegally?

Personal responsibility such as making certain that you are in compliance with the immigration laws of a country you wish to move to, personal responsibility such as not having children you cannot afford, personal responsibility such as paying your hospital and medical bills, personal responsibility such as having a drivers license and insurance before driving your car, personal responsibility such as following the occupancy limits set in your local zoning ordinances and so on. Personal responsibility also involves admitting it when you have done something wrong instead of coming up with all sorts of excuses (the gringo stole our land!).

Too bad. They have no qualms about placing large unneeded burdens on American citizens, so we should have no qualms about expecting them to accept the consequences of their poor decisions.

No, we do not need to make it easier.

The DREAMies were not born American. They are illegal aliens.

Not really...
Thank you Andreabeth. Feel free to express my opinion any day, anytime. Kudos my sista

Old 05-24-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Do you ever really add to a conversation, or you just just spouting out lines as filler?
I just expounded exponentially with regards to your perpetual whining without any legitimate justification for legalizing your ilk. If that doesn't satisfy you, so be it. Unlike others on this board, I find your redundantly rehearsed La Raza talking points, very boring, amateurish, and without merit.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,899,869 times
Quote:
Well, we have current economic considerations (massive rehiring and firing, taxable sales, amount of money in social security), we have political considerations (how do we treat illegals while still being on good terms with Mexico, esp. now more than ever we do need friends in this world), social (human rights, what are basic rights, what type of message do we want to sent the world). Also illegal immigration is highly interconnected with class issues and globalization. Illegal immigration is a symptom of predatory neo-colonialism. In the US, illegal immigrants are among the poor typically. So poor citizens use the same services as poor illegal immigrants. Since typically poor citizens are of color, the two groups can get lumped by generalized statements (I hate the illegal gang banger type, or I hate the illegals who make little money...two groups lumped into illegal). So the issue really becomes how do we promote class equality within the US and abroad.
Perhaps I’m just dense, but I still don’t understand the “complexities” you are trying to explain.

Obviously, your idea of a “friend” vastly differs from mine. A “friend” doesn’t dump their undesirables on you. Nor, does a “friend” use and abuse you. Mexico is NOT our friend.

Quote:
Again if we create a class of residents that is perpetually poor, what will that accomplish?
How are WE “creating” a class of perpetually poor illegal aliens?

Quote:
If the main goal is to deter illegal immigration, we do need something in its place. Making something illegal simply creates a black market. Illegal immigration is an example of a black market.
The fact that our country, and every other country in the world, has immigration laws somehow creates a black market for illegal immigration? Wow!

Quote:
Birthright kids were. If I said DREAMies sorry. With that said though, what is wrong with allowing those that have been in the US most of their lives citizenship? If they complete high school and do plan to go to post secondary education I feel that this is resonable.
I don’t care if an illegal came here at 6 or 60, we owe them nothing

Old 05-24-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps I’m just dense, but I still don’t understand the “complexities” you are trying to explain.

Obviously, your idea of a “friend” vastly differs from mine. A “friend” doesn’t dump their undesirables on you. Nor, does a “friend” use and abuse you. Mexico is NOT our friend.

The fact that our country, and every other country in the world, has immigration laws somehow creates a black market for illegal immigration? Wow!

I don’t care if an illegal came here at 6 or 60, we owe them nothing
I do believe that's about the 99th time he has heard a similar response from various posters, yet he continues to insult and badger those of us who are against amnesty by beating an already dead horse. It's like you said, we owe mexico nothing. Every way to state that has already been thoroughly exhausted.

Insanity: Asking the same question repeatedly and expecting to get a different answer.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:45 PM

If they spend money here, then they are a part of the economy. Hence economic considerations. Also, since they contribute to social security, on the whole, then some more economic considerations. Since they work here, more economic considerations If they from the neighboring country, there are political considerations. Also some have entered into the armed forces. More political considerations. We are a nation founded on immigration and genocide. These are the facts. Its not great, but it is what it is. So, how do rectify being a nation of light and liberty with a sorted past and an ever increasing xenophobic future? It's a tough one. Hopefully that helped.

No, North Korea is not our friend. Iran is not our friend. Mexico is our friend and ally.

Well, we have a lack of resources for the poor. It is hard to get higher than the class you were born into. Since illegal immigrants are poor, we create an underclass by overall not helping the poor.

Well, there is illegal immigration in nearly every country in the world. So yeah illegalization creates a black market...and said market is in nearly every country.

I don’t care if an illegal came here at 6 or 60, we owe them nothing.

They reside here and thus we should look after them since again this mentality will only perpetuate what you hate the most...use of welfare.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,785,343 times
Quote:
Why do you bring up these things? I'm half white btw...it matters about Anglo-Saxon culture because?
I stated Anglo-Saxon culture-----------one need not be 'White' or even part to qualify as a WASP, shall we say

Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM

I do believe that's about the 99th time he has heard a similar response from various posters, yet he continues to insult and badger those of us who are against amnesty by beating an already dead horse. It's like you said, we owe mexico nothing. Every way to state that has already been thoroughly exhausted.

You post the same threads over and over again. You START insulting people. And frankly you don't even respond back to what was stated. So I ask AGAIN, what do you bring to the table? Also it's the same posters over and over again that claim I don't want a discussion because I won't accept that illegal immigration is a simple issue. Yet even when I say "that's a good idea" I somehow don't participate? Interesting...

Old 05-24-2009, 06:26 PM

33,148 posts, read 30,402,943 times
Quote:
How do we have too many mounths to feed in this country already? We have more "stuff" than ever before. We've gotten so used to a rising economy that a moderate recession is viewed as the next great depression. Also, indeed we are humans, not lemmings. So we should start figuring out what will indeed help and not harm other humans and ourselves.
We are building over ag land at an alarming rate. I know, I've got a ton of land in the midwest and I've had a bunch taken over to build low cost housing. Do you want to know how that worked out for the community?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are building over ag land at an alarming rate. I know, I've got a ton of land in the midwest and I've had a bunch taken over to build low cost housing. Do you want to know how that worked out for the community?
I've got family in the Midwest. I promise you that we are not in a land crunch. Japan is in more of a land crunch than we are. And yet they managed. Western Europe has a high density population...yet they managed. We can do the same, esp. here in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or