Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 05:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I do believe that's about the 99th time he has heard a similar response from various posters, yet he continues to insult and badger those of us who are against amnesty by beating an already dead horse. It's like you said, we owe mexico nothing. Every way to state that has already been thoroughly exhausted.

You post the same threads over and over again. You START insulting people. And frankly you don't even respond back to what was stated. So I ask AGAIN, what do you bring to the table? Also it's the same posters over and over again that claim I don't want a discussion because I won't accept that illegal immigration is a simple issue. Yet even when I say "that's a good idea" I somehow don't participate? Interesting...
Wrong. Every single thread I post reports a NEW illegal alien rape, murder, DUI, child molestation or news about the border patrol and various political stances and issues throughout the US and sometimes other countries.

Unlike you, I bring something new and different to the table for discussion every single day that I post. Whether it suits you or coincides with your agenda is not my problem or concern.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:47 PM

471 posts, read 587,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Wrong. Every single thread I post reports a NEW illegal alien rape, murder, DUI, child molestation or news about the border patrol and various political stances and issues throughout the US and sometimes other countries.

Unlike you, I bring something new and different to the table for discussion every single day that I post. Whether it suits you or coincides with your agenda is not my problem or concern.

Yes ma'am you do!

Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Yes ma'am you do!
Thanks bam as do you.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times

So you repost the TYPE of thing over and over. I get the difference. Instead of bringing new ideas, you rehash old tired narratives. I get it now.

You're kidding right? Because I though you just wrote "Every single thread I post reports a NEW illegal alien rape, murder, DUI, child molestation". So you rehash the same thing over and over...followed by a few disparaging remarks here and there.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Again it's not guilt, but from my standpoint an issue of practicality. What is more practical? Deportation or trying to bring people up to the middle class. I feel putting our finite resources in education and healthcare is a better use of money.
We have not even brought our native poor up to the middle class even after nearly a century of the so called "War on Poverty" so how and, for god sake, WHY would we attempt to do so for illegal aliens? I pay MY bills before I donate to charity, I don't know about you.

Quote:
We do need a broad sweeping solution since we ALL agree the current situation is not working. It should have elements from all sides

Negative. It should be simple. Stop tolerating illegal immigration. Period. I have no compassion for these people at all. I laugh at their so called family problems when a member of said family is deported. They blame American immigration laws yet they broke the law to get here! It is mind boggling

Quote:
We heard the same arguments before during the first immigration boom. They also have lower crime rates...but the truth of the matter is that the educational attainment for their kids is lower since they live poorer neighborhoods. Schools are not as good, not as much resources are their (no or little after school programs...hard if mommy and daddy at work all day).

Interesting attempt, maybe immigrants as a whole, but MEXICAN immigrant adolescents are imprisoned at a rate 80% higher than other immigrants.

Also, yes, these points have been made before. They where ignored then which is why we are where we are. The immigration Reform and Control act of 1986 granted one-time amnesty to about 3 million illegal aliens, which was conditioned on border security and immigration enforcement that NEVER materialized under subsequent administrations.
So why in the hell would we do it again!!!!! The facts were solid then and should have been listened to and they weren't! This is the problem with you pro-illegals and illegals as a whole you feel that if, in spite of the facts and laws, you can avoid the facts and usurp the laws that said laws and facts are no longer relevant. But guess what, they are!!
We should have had the for site then to know what would happen, some did to no avail, and stopped it then. Now we have the gift of hind sight, if we can see back 23 years, to know what WILL happen again.
I don't want to raise, educate, give health care too, or provide any other welfare service to ILLEGAL aliens. It burns me bad enough to think of all the legal, chain migrant product, immigrants I take care of now.

Quote:
I don't think that working for cash is really an important issue in this debate. Many native citizens work for cash. Or misreport on their taxes (which is what I assume is the worst part for working for cash).
Hmmmm. Then if most illegals work for cash now, and that is not really a problem, then how are we to get this magic tax money you speak of? All I can see that will change by giving them legal status is that they will have an easier time getting even more of our welfare services. They will pay little if any tax and get more welfare? Great Idea.

Quote:
It's really a draconian method to deport, build a wall, etc. End birthright...okay I can understand that. But a wall and deportation is a bit much IMO.
Give me a break. Since when is not allowing foreign people to illegally enter our country and then deporting the ones who do get here illegally to be considered "unusually severe or cruel"???? I think the fact that we have become slaves (welfare<-tax money<-taxes from paycheck<-hours of time lost/stolen) to foreign nationals for the benefit of their wellbeing and THEIR lively hood is the only draconian method that I can see here.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:

So you repost the TYPE of thing over and over. I get the difference. Instead of bringing new ideas, you rehash old tired narratives. I get it now.

You're kidding right? Because I though you just wrote "Every single thread I post reports a NEW illegal alien rape, murder, DUI, child molestation". So you rehash the same thing over and over...followed by a few disparaging remarks here and there.
Oh now I get it. It's my fault that illegal aliens repeatedly commit rapes, murders, molest children, gang bang, drive drunk and flee from the scene after they murder another American. Oh and it's also my fault that they steal identities, swim across the Rio Grande or run across the border in full blown labor, march and demand amnesty, etc.

Silly me, please forgive me for reporting their multitude of crimes commited daily as well as the other stories that pertain to the subject of illegal immigration on an illegal immigration forum.

More importantly, I beg your forgiveness for forgetting that nothing is ever their fault or responsibility.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:31 PM

Oh now I get it. It's my fault that illegal aliens repeatedly commit rapes, murders, molest children, gang bang, drive drunk and flee from the scene after they murder another American. Oh and it's also my fault that they steal identities, swim across the Rio Grande or run across the border in full blown labor, march and demand amnesty, etc.

I never said it was your fault. Nor do I see how any of that "Oh and it's also my fault that they steal identities, swim across the Rio Grande or run across the border in full blown labor, march and demand amnesty, etc." is even relevant.

Silly me, please forgive me for reporting their multitude of crimes commited daily as well as the other stories that pertain to the subject of illegal immigration on an illegal immigration forum.

See, again...going back to the original point. That's pretty much all you do, so I think that it really shows the one dimensional nature of your approach. Sob stories to incite emotion in order to call people into action. For a person that claims that my approach is uniform...more a case can be said about you.

More importantly, I beg your forgiveness for forgetting that nothing is ever their fault or responsibility.

Again, just kind of showing exactly what I mean. Post about crimes and then add a little jab of sarcasm. The routine is your mainstay. I mean I never asked for you forgiveness. I just pointed out that again, you are simply there as filler almost. In all honesty, I value some of Benicar's, macmeals (a little sarcastic at times, but I shove it back), and Angrytaxpayer's opinions more. Yet, I don't see any insight into the situation by at times. So it's a little hard to take you seriously.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:33 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Awesome Post!!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Whether you like it or not or whether your eyes glaze over every time you see and read them or whether or not you think they are no fun and don't suit you agenda, facts are facts and laws are laws. They always have been. 2+2 Does equal 4 no matter how much you like the number 5.

Immigration, legal and illegal, since the 60s, has hurt this nation. Along with the ever expanding welfare state that has acted as a catalyst to increase illegal immigration. The numbers on the affects of immigration on our country, and the burden it has become, have been placed in front of you, by me alone, several times. They ONLY add up one way. No matter how bad you don't like the answer.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:43 PM

[quote=bambam0084;8964418]We have not even brought our native poor up to the middle class even after nearly a century of the so called "War on Poverty" so how and, for god sake, WHY would we attempt to do so for illegal aliens? I pay MY bills before I donate to charity, I don't know about you.

We can do them both simultaneously. They attend the same schools, go to the same hospitals, live in the same neighborhoods. Hence why I'm saying the interconnectedness of class and illegal immigration. They are a part of the their (the poor) community. I look at my present and future bills to decide where to place a priority.

Negative. It should be simple. Stop tolerating illegal immigration. Period. I have no compassion for these people at all. I laugh at their so called family problems when a member of said family is deported. They blame American immigration laws yet they broke the law to get here! It is mind boggling

Life is never simple. Esp. when dealing with immigration in a nation of fairly recent immigrants. We have no precedent to deal with illegal immigration. It's okay if it is complex. In fact, it's better since it forces people to look at all the factors (I posted a short list with short explinations on this thread...there probably more I've overlooked).

Interesting attempt, maybe immigrants as a whole, but MEXICAN immigrant adolescents are imprisoned at a rate 80% higher than other immigrants.

Yet, Hispanics are about the national average in terms of incarceration rates.

Also, yes, these points have been made before. They where ignored then which is why we are where we are. The immigration Reform and Control act of 1986 granted one-time amnesty to about 3 million illegal aliens, which was conditioned on border security and immigration enforcement that NEVER materialized under subsequent administrations.
So why in the hell would we do it again!!!!! The facts were solid then and should have been listened to and they weren't! This is the problem with you pro-illegals and illegals as a whole you feel that if, in spite of the facts and laws, you can avoid the facts and usurp the laws that said laws and facts are no longer relevant. But guess what, they are!!
We should have had the for site then to know what would happen, some did to no avail, and stopped it then. Now we have the gift of hind sight, if we can see back 23 years, to know what WILL happen again.
I don't want to raise, educate, give health care too, or provide any other welfare service to ILLEGAL aliens. It burns me bad enough to think of all the legal, chain migrant product, immigrants I take care of now.

Our nation became even more prosperous after that. So what went wrong? I mean, we should have some enforcement...how much I really don't know. With that though, we should also see what is the best way to help those already living in the US. You pay for schools of the children of rapists, the children of legal drug dealers, etc. These are shared costs. We do it so our nation can still run smooth. I think that this might be the best way.

Hmmmm. Then if most illegals work for cash now, and that is not really a problem, then how are we to get this magic tax money you speak of? All I can see that will change by giving them legal status is that they will have an easier time getting even more of our welfare services. They will pay little if any tax and get more welfare? Great Idea.

I never said the majority does work for cash. You stated that. ITIN and non-functional SS #s account for the tax revenue.

Give me a break. Since when is not allowing foreign people to illegally enter our country and then deporting the ones who do get here illegally to be considered "unusually severe or cruel"???? I think the fact that we have become slaves (welfare<-tax money<-taxes from paycheck<-hours of time lost/stolen) to foreign nationals for the benefit of their wellbeing and THEIR lively hood is the only draconian method that I can see here.

It shows that we have no innovation, no respect for our residents, and a strong xenophobia. We are not even close to being slaves to foreign nationals. The richest people in this nation are majority non-Hispanic White. Not at all a bad thing...again it is what it is, but is shows that they control the wealth and power in the nation, not foreign nationals. Helping others that live in our nation will benefit us as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration