U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:01 PM

83 posts, read 120,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's "in the process"... wait for the next big earthquake, fire, tsunami and/or collapse of civilization. History has shown that you can't sustain the unsustainable.

Maybe in a hundred years there will be only a dozen or so Mexican missions scattered along the coast that capture wild white men in the hills to use as slave labor.

Isn't everyone being used as slave labor now? We do all of the work and pay all of the taxes and illegals get all of the benefit.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know something about California. I'm a fourth generation resident. My wife's family has been here somewhat longer, having walked across the Bering Strait from Asia sometime around 30,000 years ago.

California has some of the most expensive real estate in the world. It also has vast, festering barrios, grafitti-stewn ghettos, and tiny, isolated logging towns. It has miles of poor neighborhoods, and many, many pockets of rural squalor and 'trailer camps, (complete with cockfights and derelict cars) that would make Arkansas or Mississippi look like Switzerland by comparison. It also has MILES of middle-class tract housing that AREN'T part of a 'planned community'.

California ALSO has areas like your photo, above...and that's what those who watch TV get to see. But that is not what the MAJORITY of California is like...not even close. Most of it, in fact, is nearly uninhabited. California has many things, and MOST of it, in real life, isn't at ALL like your photo. That's simply not true.

If you're going to make broad-brush statements, prepare to back them up.
I have never been to California but I've heard that it is pretty much like what you describe. Ten years ago my friend and her husband loved it there. They recently walked away from their 2 year old 1.5 million dollar home because they simply couldn't stand the rapid influx of illegals and living there anymore. The fact that they fled their home speaks volumes.

Thanks for the confirmation and insight.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
some more

for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Well, it has accomplished its goal then because I feel like Im in TJ every time I drive down the street.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM

12,901 posts, read 18,450,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Looking at Mexico's rapidly declining birthrate...........I think not. Using Spain as the Hispanic proxy: Mx will probably be below replacement level in 2-5 years.

If anything: the odds are much greater that the USA will own at least the northern tier of Mexican states which; BTW, are rather 'White', racially speaking.

The more indigenous Mexican people tend to hail from Chiapas, etc--------not Chihuahua.

And remember too that Mexico is subject to most of the same geological hazards as Californina, Florida, etc.
Point #1 Spain is caucasian, not Latino. Trying to guess Latin America's future by looking at Spain is like saying South Africa is going to be just like the UK

Point #2 Latin America does not have a low birth rate, especially when compared to white Americans and Europeans.

Point #3 My comment is "tongue in cheek"... you don't have to grow a huge furry beard and get some stinky hides to wrap yourself in just yet. What all of us (especially in the West) need to accept is a more latino-ish word in the future. For better or worse that is the trend. Now I know what the Native Americans felt like.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,090,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: when I was visiting the 'Hi-Desert' (Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree area) about 3 years ago, I still felt the faint vibe of the 'California Dreamin' of 30+ years ago.

The people there still seemed to have that laid back, open attitude that Calif was noted for.
Did the meth fumes bother you very much?Like the area,but LOTS of tweakers.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:09 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I have never been to California but I've heard that it is pretty much like what you describe. Ten years ago my friend and her husband loved it there. They recently walked away from their 2 year old 1.5 million dollar home because they simply couldn't stand the rapid influx of illegals and living there anymore. The fact that they fled their home speaks volumes.

Damm, How did the uneducated, un-skilled illegal aliens get to live in a neighborhood where houses are 1.5 millions a pop? My house is only worthed like 200K and I made ok money. I would have to make the same and live with 7 other families to be able to afford it.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Point #1 Spain is caucasian, not Latino. Trying to guess Latin America's future by looking at Spain is like saying South Africa is going to be just like the UK

Point #2 Latin America does not have a low birth rate, especially when compared to white Americans and Europeans.

Point #3 My comment is "tongue in cheek"... you don't have to grow a huge furry beard and get some stinky hides to wrap yourself in just yet. What all of us (especially in the West) need to accept is a more latino-ish word in the future. For better or worse that is the trend. Now I know what the Native Americans felt like.
Under US Government guidelines: Spaniards are counted alongside Mexicans, etc. as Hispanic/Latino-----------irrespective of actual race/ethnicity.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2127rank.html will answer your questions about birthrates by nation.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
It could be: Banning, Beaumont, Lancaster, Palmdale, Yucaipa, Southern Redlands, Moreno Valley, newer parts of Riverside, Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Eastern Lake Elsinore, Wildomar, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Northern San Bernardino, northern Rialto, Fontana, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, La Habra, La Mirada, Diamond Bar, San Dimas, Rowland Heights, Corona, Norco, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penesquitos, Carmel Mountain, Black Mountain, Poway, Santee, parts of El Cajon, Santa Clarita, Stevenson Ranch, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Aliso Viejo, Calabassas, Camarillo, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Hidden Hills, Moorpark, Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville, Artesia, Cerritos, Pomona,

You get my point...the house size may not be exactly the same. The age may not be the same, but these are suburban cities. Some are wealthier than others. However, the same home builders in Moreno Valley are there up in Santa Clarita. These areas have a high middle/upper middle class population. Most of the above areas have pluralities where people are making between 60-100k family income (roughly).

Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:

Ya, I am one. This is what myself and the rest of Americans are up against. My Latino, American friends are sick of being counted with Illegal Aliens and their many offspring. We know who are having kids as teens and it isn't the kids of Americans. It's Illegals and their first gen offspring dedicated as lotto babies.
Parents' help sought to cut Latina teen pregnancies

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-20-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

It does speak volumes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or