U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Where on earth did you get that statistic? I doubt very seriously that the median income in California is $60-$70K a year.
A little something called the census...$66,420 is the median income for a family in California.

 
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It does speak volumes...
Yes; that California has essentially gone ghetto----------especially wide swaths of SoCal.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 06:56 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yes; that California has essentially gone ghetto----------especially wide swaths of SoCal.
Funny umm...my entire territory for my job is ALL of SoCal (from Santa Barbara to San Diego, from Malibu to Palm Desert). and unless I've missed something, what "wide swaths" are you talking about? The new suburban sprawl in the inland valleys and desert? Umm...there are some bad parts, but "wide swaths"?

No I'm saying that if these people left their million dollar/wo million dollar home because of illegals ONLY, well, that means that they have SERIOUS issues.

Other reasons are fine, but if you own a nice home and move simply because of people that you will hardly come in contact with (wealth seperates) and hardly have any connection to...then some interesting issues.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Funny umm...my entire territory for my job is ALL of SoCal (from Santa Barbara to San Diego, from Malibu to Palm Desert). and unless I've missed something, what "wide swaths" are you talking about? The new suburban sprawl in the inland valleys and desert? Umm...there are some bad parts, but "wide swaths"?

No I'm saying that if these people left their million dollar/wo million dollar home because of illegals ONLY, well, that means that they have SERIOUS issues.

Other reasons are fine, but if you own a nice home and move simply because of people that you will hardly come in contact with (wealth seperates) and hardly have any connection to...then some interesting issues.
Hardly come into contact with? I consider driving on the freeway, seeing people at school, moving through the neighborhood I work at all part of my daily life and I know it's packed with people that ran across the border or over stayed a Visa.
I also know that if I get into a car wreck with one it's going to be:
A. Very expensive for me.
B. Traumatic to get to witness the hit and run.

I'll forgo the well wishes I think about at school as the anchors are devouring my tax payer funded lunches and free school and after Y care.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hardly come into contact with? I consider driving on the freeway, seeing people at school, moving through the neighborhood I work at all part of my daily life and I know it's packed with people that ran across the border or over stayed a Visa.
I also know that if I get into a car wreck with one it's going to be:
A. Very expensive for me.
B. Traumatic to get to witness the hit and run.

I'll forgo the well wishes I think about at school as the anchors are devouring my tax payer funded lunches and free school and after Y care.
If you live in Beverly Hills, Montecito, La Jolla, Newport Coast then you are out of contact.

The majority of drivers out on the road do have insurance.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
If you live in Beverly Hills, Montecito, La Jolla, Newport Coast then you are out of contact.

The majority of drivers out on the road do have insurance.
I live in San Diego. Most of the Illegals in S Cal, which are three million, don't have insurance by default because they don't have a DL. This includes the hundreds of thousands in SD County driving without a license or insurance.

NO ONE is out of contact from that many illegal drivers. You can't even argue that point.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 08:01 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I live in San Diego. Most of the Illegals in S Cal, which are three million, don't have insurance by default because they don't have a DL. This includes the hundreds of thousands in SD County driving without a license or insurance.

NO ONE is out of contact from that many illegal drivers. You can't even argue that point.
The majority of drivers do have insurance. And there are concentrations with more and less illegals in CA...if you live in Beverly Hills or Palos Verdes, I promise you that you will a small chance of getting hit by an illegal.

So, yeah you're right, but remember that it's not a uniform distribution.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The majority of drivers do have insurance. And there are concentrations with more and less illegals in CA...if you live in Beverly Hills or Palos Verdes, I promise you that you will a small chance of getting hit by an illegal.

So, yeah you're right, but remember that it's not a uniform distribution.

Again, I live in San Diego. Illegal Aliens are not driving legally in the majority. Look at the Controversial check points in Escondido.

Please explain to me how an Illegal Alien can drive legally in the US, here in CA?
 
Old 05-20-2009, 09:02 PM
 
1,091 posts, read 3,232,663 times
Reputation: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Most of Southern California is bland suburbia. Not an illegal haven.

Yeah, but the OP obviously can't afford a residence in "bland suburbia".

"I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar."


Sorry, but I hear this too often: blue-collar folk bitching and moaning as if they deserve to live like the middle or upper-class do, and are prevented from assuming their rightful position in "bland suburbia" by the dreaded, culture-raping "illegals".

Face it, sweetie, you're working-class. Your neighborhood isn't going to be as nice as the 'hoods of the middle-class, regardless of the ethnicity of your neighbors.
There's a reason people go to college.

Quit blaming others, go back to school, and become a professional... or else do like me- a happy working-class person- and just enjoy the diversity around you.

Your culture isn't being "raped", it's being enriched.
Open your mind and heart to the positive benefits of multiculturalism.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,394 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Yeah, but the OP obviously can't afford a residence in "bland suburbia".

"I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar."


Sorry, but I hear this too often: blue-collar folk bitching and moaning as if they deserve to live like the middle or upper-class do, and are prevented from assuming their rightful position in "bland suburbia" by the dreaded, culture-raping "illegals".

Face it, sweetie, you're working-class. Your neighborhood isn't going to be as nice as the 'hoods of the middle-class, regardless of the ethnicity of your neighbors.
There's a reason people go to college.

Quit blaming others, go back to school, and become a professional... or else do like me- a happy working-class person- and just enjoy the diversity around you.

Your culture isn't being "raped", it's being enriched.
Open your mind and heart to the positive benefits of multiculturalism.

Let me clarify for you:

My partner OWNS 2 different construction companies AND a plumbing company. I OWN a web-development business AND write for 2 different magazines.

Obviously you have what seems to be a few hidden prejudicial assumptions about blue collar workers and what people must be making if they are in construction. I would suggest educating yourself and possibly trying to evolve a little so that your narrow-minded views don't continue to contaminate these threads.

I can see why you think that construction workers don't make any money though, because illegals have infiltrated the business working for $4 an hour and have RUINED what is supposed to be a skilled trade.

I am always amused by people like you on the internet who make all kinds of assumptions about people like me. For the record, Sweetie, I am college-educated and am completely amused by people like you who have somehow deemed themselves as all-knowing from their holier-than-thou perch in the sky. Totally laughable.

If you think the culture is being enriched, your standards must really be low. Surprise, surprise.

When I leave California, I will be paying CASH for a house in Arkansas and probably 2 new vehicles. Can you say the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top