U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'm not sure of exactly WHERE this photo was taken...but a similar photo (from a VERY similar poster) was shown recently on this forum in a thread about 'multiculturalism'. In that instance, the photo was purportedly a view of Diamond Bar.....(on the LA/ Orange County border).

The viewer once again has to be struck by the CURRENT photo's exquisitely-rendered picture of a 'multicultural' California. Note that in this photo, where probably 25 to 30 ethnicities all live in harmony, ALL CULTURES are represented...

Some cultures represent themselves with beige stucco houses; while others have off-white, tan, or 'earth tone' stucco. Some cultures represent their ancestral values with roofs of red tile; others, 'going their own way', choose pink tile, or orange tile....but ALL cultures get represented in such a neighborhood.

And of course, as we all know, if the many cultures of the world agree on NOTHING ELSE, they ALL agree on "lawns"..and thus, true to form ,every single home in the photo has a lawn....(and they'd BETTER keep it mowed...or ELSE !!)

I guess cultures really ARE pretty much 'the same all over'....and, here in California, we encourage ALL cultures, from ANYWHERE, to freely express themselves...(provided, of course, that while doing so, they don't violate the extensive 'C.C & R.' rules of their respective Homeowners Associations).

Hooray for multiculturalism...long may it live....as long as it doesn't 'upset' anyone.
Or this one that states that multiculturalism and suburbanism are somehow mutually exclusive?

Last edited by that1guy; 05-21-2009 at 04:45 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 04:20 PM

965 posts, read 832,710 times
The real question is, if California Culture gets pregnant from the rape, should it be allowed access to an abortion.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Things certainly do happen. Lots of things, good and bad. If they didn't, this forum would not exist.....but "things happen" is a pretty weak argument. Do you have anything more substantial?

Just asking....
See the irony of the situation is that my post was simple, yet fairly substantial.

It denotes a key difference between "anti-illegals" and "pro-illegals" (misnomers really). There is a sort of fear that is presented in some of your guys posts: "Illegal Crime Wave Thread", "Swine Flu to Shut Down Borders (not exact name, but exact concept), as well as the general theme that somehow the US is doomed.

So with the little sentence I stated, CA and the US are not doomed. Things happen and we need to move on. Create a better, and stronger CA and US.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So with the little sentence I stated, CA and the US are not doomed. Things happen and we need to move on. Create a better, and stronger CA and US.
Agreed.

And we need to create a better and stronger US by:

- Properly securing our borders
- Requiring the use of E-Verify for all businesses
- Prosecuting illegal alien-employing businesspeople
- Prosecuting & deporting illegal aliens
- Denying tax payer-funded social & financial services & programs to illegals

Old 05-21-2009, 04:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Agreed.

And we need to create a better and stronger US by:

- Requiring the use of E-Verify for all businesses
- Denying tax payer-funded social & financial services & programs to illegals

Amen!

Old 05-21-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

And we need to create and better and stronger US by:

- Requiring the use of E-Verify
- Denying tax payer-funded social & financial services to illegals
- Deporting illegal aliens

-We have seen that people will cross almost to no avail
-I could get behind this, just need to do a little more research
-Substantial fines would be okay w/ me...also make sure there is a legal way to have a guest worker program
-Bad idea, that creates an underclass and really economic death (South Africa is experiencing that with it's Zimbabwean population. Also it had an underclass during apartheid, not the best idea) Instead trying to bring their kids up to speed since they will live here, why not educate them so they can be functional members of society?
-Logicstical nightmare if not balanced with a system to legalize them and process them faster.

Hopefully, by creating a program that tempers the needs of all people residing in the US we can thrive and prosper.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Quote:
And that's why we have the border patrol, border fencing, and other options available incl. deploying the national guard and the construction of the 'virtual fence' that is supposed to be succesful.

Quote:
-Substantial fines would be okay w/ me...also make sure there is a legal way to have a guest worker program
Guest worker program? For whom? Illegal aliens?

Quote:
-Bad idea, that creates an underclass and really economic death (South Africa is experiencing that with it's Zimbabwean population. Also it had an underclass during apartheid, not the best idea) Instead trying to bring their kids up to speed since they will live here, why not educate them so they can be functional members of society?
Because illegal aliens are entitled to something from a government whose laws they broke on their own free wills?

Quote:
-Logicstical nightmare if not balanced with a system to legalize them and process them faster.
I'd be in favor of having the government offer any detained illegal the opportunity to self-deport voluntarily without facing a trial,

Quote:
Hopefully, by creating a program that tempers the needs of all people residing in the US we can thrive and prosper.
All people who reside here legally, right?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
-I could get behind this, just need to do a little more research
-Bad idea, that creates an underclass and really economic death (South Africa is experiencing that with it's Zimbabwean population. Also it had an underclass during apartheid, not the best idea) Instead trying to bring their kids up to speed since they will live here, why not educate them so they can be functional members of society?-Logicstical nightmare if not balanced with a system to legalize them and process them faster.

For the umpteenth time; they ARE being educated in this country. Why are you obsessing over this? We can’t force them to want to learn, and stay in school. Give it a rest.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
For the umpteenth time; they ARE being educated in this country. Why are you obsessing over this? We canít force them to want to learn, and stay in school. Give it a rest.
How can their kids be educated in their (meaning country of origin) country if they currently live here? So you see the problem...they live here, but aren't getting a good education here...

Yes they have public schools in Mexico. I'm well aware of that. However, they don't live in Mexico, they live in the US. Some are technically American citizens. So for the "umteenth and a half time" education here is needed since this is happening here.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
And that's why we have the border patrol, border fencing, and other options available incl. deploying the national guard and the construction of the 'virtual fence' that is supposed to be succesful.

Guest worker program? For whom? Illegal aliens?

Because illegal aliens are entitled to something from a government whose laws they broke on their own free wills?

I'd be in favor of having the government offer any detained illegal the opportunity to self-deport voluntarily without facing a trial,

All people who reside here legally, right?
I had a post accidently deleted so cliff notes:

Fence=too much money and ineffective

Guest worker for illegals and potential immigrants alike

What? Nice generic statement about illegals. No a permenant underclass is not good, bad for the economy. CA is slowly polarizing, so we need to step up our game to educate the kids of illegals to enter into the ranks of the middle class.

Too many resources to find every illegal immigrant.

All people who reside here period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or