U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,438 times
Reputation: 86

Advertisements

I have been living in California for about 4 years and have noticed that the culture that is portrayed on television about California really does not exist anywhere except maybe Santa Monica or Malibu. Most of Southern California is a haven for illegal immigrants and their dirty, crime-ridden, gang-infested neighborhoods.

The culture of California is suffering. Where are all of the historical craftsman houses? Oh yeah, they are being stuccoed and painted pink with tacky iron fences around them. And if you are REALLY lucky, they won't put up a fence at all and instead will use old garage doors and scrap pieces of wood to make a fence.

They park 100 cars in their driveways because there are 40 people living in each home, hanging their laundry on the fences and in the trees and letting their children terrorize the neighborhood with their loud, gang-infested friends.

California was once a beautiful state where people could be anything they wanted and the illegal Mexicans have taken over and turned it into a cesspool that is filthy, expensive, and no longer American.

I am so sick of seeing commercials in Spanish and receiving mail at my home that is only written in Spanish.

I am sick of going to grocery stores where the clerks don's speak English.

I am sick of hearing Mariachi clown music blasted day and night with no regard to people who have to sleep.

I am sick of trying to buy clothing and finding nothing but tacky, lime-green, stretchy hooker dresses with sequins and bullcrap sewn all over it.

I am sick of people with pit bulls terrorizing the neighborhoods with their out-of-control dogs.

I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar.

I am sick of the crime, the theft, the gangs.

I am sick of the government of California kowtowing to the illegals and making room for them to come over here and crap out a bunch of anchor babies and rape our healthcare system with their promiscuous, ignorant, non-birth-control-taking selves.

I am sick of illegals sending their non-english-speaking children to school where other children suffer because the teachers are spending half of their class time catering to the illegal children.

I am sick of seeing masses of illegals hovering around Home Depot holding up signs demanding $15 an hour to do illegal under the table work.

I am sick of illegals knocking on my door trying to sell their homemade tamales, asking if I have any gold to sell, or asking if they can mow my lawn for extra money.

I am sick of living in a state where I pay thousands of dollars in taxes to support people who do not work and keep having children and getting their rent for free.

I am sick of having to pay extra insurance because so many of the illegals on the road do not have a driver's license OR car insurance.

I am sick of immigration rallies being held downtown where the taxpayers have to be responsible for cleaning up after the carnage and providing security.

California will not be recognizable in 5 years. I barely recognize it now.

 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Reputation: 267
I'm not surprised at all. I hope that the Arkansan govt. won't end up being as corrupt as California's govt..

Out of curiosity, in what cities did you reside while living in California?
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I have been living in California for about 4 years and have noticed that the culture that is portrayed on television about California really does not exist anywhere except maybe Santa Monica or Malibu. Most of Southern California is a haven for illegal immigrants and their dirty, crime-ridden, gang-infested neighborhoods.

The culture of California is suffering. Where are all of the historical craftsman houses? Oh yeah, they are being stuccoed and painted pink with tacky iron fences around them. And if you are REALLY lucky, they won't put up a fence at all and instead will use old garage doors and scrap pieces of wood to make a fence.

They park 100 cars in their driveways because there are 40 people living in each home, hanging their laundry on the fences and in the trees and letting their children terrorize the neighborhood with their loud, gang-infested friends.

California was once a beautiful state where people could be anything they wanted and the illegal Mexicans have taken over and turned it into a cesspool that is filthy, expensive, and no longer American.

I am so sick of seeing commercials in Spanish and receiving mail at my home that is only written in Spanish.

I am sick of going to grocery stores where the clerks don's speak English.

I am sick of hearing Mariachi clown music blasted day and night with no regard to people who have to sleep.

I am sick of trying to buy clothing and finding nothing but tacky, lime-green, stretchy hooker dresses with sequins and bullcrap sewn all over it.

I am sick of people with pit bulls terrorizing the neighborhoods with their out-of-control dogs.

I am sick of illegals taking work from my partner who is in construction and doing illegal renovations to houses for 10 cents on the dollar.

I am sick of the crime, the theft, the gangs.

I am sick of the government of California kowtowing to the illegals and making room for them to come over here and crap out a bunch of anchor babies and rape our healthcare system with their promiscuous, ignorant, non-birth-control-taking selves.

I am sick of illegals sending their non-english-speaking children to school where other children suffer because the teachers are spending half of their class time catering to the illegal children.

I am sick of seeing masses of illegals hovering around Home Depot holding up signs demanding $15 an hour to do illegal under the table work.

I am sick of illegals knocking on my door trying to sell their homemade tamales, asking if I have any gold to sell, or asking if they can mow my lawn for extra money.

I am sick of living in a state where I pay thousands of dollars in taxes to support people who do not work and keep having children and getting their rent for free.

I am sick of having to pay extra insurance because so many of the illegals on the road do not have a driver's license OR car insurance.

I am sick of immigration rallies being held downtown where the taxpayers have to be responsible for cleaning up after the carnage and providing security.

California will not be recognizable in 5 years. I barely recognize it now.
Most of Southern California is bland suburbia. Not an illegal haven.
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,438 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I'm not surprised at all. I hope that the Arkansan govt. won't end up being as corrupt as California's govt..

Out of curiosity, in what cities did you reside while living in California?
When I first moved out here, I lived in the San Gabriel Valley. There are entire cities here that are inundated with illegals. I read a report about El Monte, California being populated with up to 40% illegal immigrants.

It totally spun my head.
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
When I first moved out here, I lived in the San Gabriel Valley. There are entire cities here that are inundated with illegals. I read a report about El Monte, California being populated with up to 40% illegal immigrants.

It totally spun my head.
The San Gabriel Valley is a large area. From uppity Sierra Madre and San Marino to the barrio of El Monte. Most of Southern California is really bland and safe. San Dimas is pretty much average Southern California.
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
to be fair
mexican culture is not inherently evil nor is it alien to california.
the issue of law and order i agree 100%
trust me mexican police would never put up with 10% of what goes on here.
american disfunctional law system.
 
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,438 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The San Gabriel Valley is a large area. From uppity Sierra Madre and San Marino to the barrio of El Monte. Most of Southern California is really bland and safe. San Dimas is pretty much average Southern California.
See, that wasn't my experience with San Dimas at all. When I was looking to buy a house, I encountered a neighborhood FULL of the gang-element and tagged walls, houses and lawns that were unkempt and children running wild in the streets.
It just didn't appear to be all that safe to me with all of the teenagers decked out in rags and gang tattoos.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:07 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
See, that wasn't my experience with San Dimas at all. When I was looking to buy a house, I encountered a neighborhood FULL of the gang-element and tagged walls, houses and lawns that were unkempt and children running wild in the streets.
It just didn't appear to be all that safe to me with all of the teenagers decked out in rags and gang tattoos.
Umm...are you sure it was San Dimas? I was in San Dimas yesterday and it was really clean. San Dimas with Raging Waters? It's actually really safe.

El Monte, yeah I agree with you not the safest place. But San Dimas? It's a really nice middle/upper middle income community. Roughly 20k more a year than the average American family and also as high or higher on educational attainment.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,438 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Umm...are you sure it was San Dimas? I was in San Dimas yesterday and it was really clean. San Dimas with Raging Waters? It's actually really safe.

El Monte, yeah I agree with you not the safest place. But San Dimas? It's a really nice middle/upper middle income community. Roughly 20k more a year than the average American family and also as high or higher on educational attainment.
I'm positive I was in San Dimas, it was actually over off of 4th and Monte Vista. Apartment buildings in the middle of the neighborhood and wayyyy too many gang-types for me.
The city was beautiful other than that.
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 AM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
3,730 posts, read 5,090,581 times
Reputation: 4170
Default On the nose

Great lead post,Kraken,you hit the nail right on the head.Might add a couple to the list:
I am sick of hearing roosters crowing at all hours of the night.
I am sick of standing in grocery store checkout lines watching illegal alien women that cannot speak any English pay their bill with food stamps that you and I must pick up the cost for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top