U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Reputation: 946

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do I support giving Illegal Aliens A Social number? No, I don't even want them in our Country if they are illegally here. If they aren't here they cannot defraud anyone.
I agree 100% Give them a drivers licence, no way. Want to know how they think? Go to the "Dream Act/Portal" and look up "Views" or the "Lounge". The arrogance of these idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Take your life into your own hands sometime, and compliment a Mexican by saying: Your attractiveness must come from your Indian roots.

I tried that only once with a Mexican who rents a room from me. Nothing will get them angrier.

What a pity!
Classic example of White supremacy-------------yet, many Latinos also play the Indian 'race card' when it suits their purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2009, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
16,477 posts, read 20,009,944 times
Reputation: 22402
Which helps explain the fully clothed Mexican landscapers working in 100-degree heat. They think they're still in racist Mexico or Central America where the whiter your skin, the furthur you go in that country.

I have asked my Mexican roommate why, in 10 years, I've never seen him wear shorts in summer or short sleeve shirts. His response: I don't want to end up looking like a Negro. Actually, what he means to say is Indian.

And, at the end of the summer, you'll see a black ring around his neck. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Which helps explain the fully clothed Mexican landscapers working in 100-degree heat. They think they're still in racist Mexico or Central America where the whiter your skin, the furthur you go in that country.

I have asked my Mexican roommate why, in 10 years, I've never seen him wear shorts in summer or short sleeve shirts. His response: I don't want to end up looking like a Negro. Actually, what he means to say is Indian.

And, at the end of the summer, you'll see a black ring around his neck. LOL!
That is truly sad what you just quoted from your roommate.

Although in years past; many darker skinned Anglo Whites were also afraid of looking 'Indian' if exposed to too much sun.

In my case: I burn then develop a light tan courtesy of my (probable) Celtic heritage on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 03:00 AM
 
549 posts, read 1,499,952 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Oh NOOOO reconquista, it would be too much of a burden for them to take some personal responsibility and educate themselves before coming to this country!

No, instead America should be forced to spend millions of dollars printing new signs and retraining all of their police and fire personnel so that the illegals can be more comfortable.

If the illegals have it their way, all of our signs in America will look like they do at Disneyland....9 feet long and 8 feet wide to include 38 languages.

There is nothing racist about requiring people to speak English. Much like there is nothing racist about requiring people to be able to read to have most jobs.

We should not have to "dumb down" our nation because of lazy, ignorant people.
Lazy??

All they do is work very hard.

Just learn Spanish. It is a beautiful language, and you will make more money. Bilingual people are usually paid better.

U.S. is becoming a bilingual country like Canada.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Lazy??

All they do is work very hard.

Just learn Spanish. It is a beautiful language, and you will make more money. Bilingual people are usually paid better.

U.S. is becoming a bilingual country like Canada.

Canada is not truly bi-lingual: in many parts of Quebec, French only is mandated.

As for the USA going that way; I think not, here in the Phx area the (mostly Spanish speaking) illegal aliens are disappearing due to our strict laws as well as growing prejudice against 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM
 
223 posts, read 254,105 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Which helps explain the fully clothed Mexican landscapers working in 100-degree heat. They think they're still in racist Mexico or Central America where the whiter your skin, the furthur you go in that country.

I have asked my Mexican roommate why, in 10 years, I've never seen him wear shorts in summer or short sleeve shirts. His response: I don't want to end up looking like a Negro. Actually, what he means to say is Indian.

And, at the end of the summer, you'll see a black ring around his neck. LOL!
Nice little story, despite being full of BS. Is this what you guys say about Mexicans behind their backs?
Does this make you and Arizonabear feel better about criticizing Mexicans? By making up stuff to make them look racist?
Wowww.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 11:05 AM
 
2,320 posts, read 5,868,306 times
Reputation: 997
I have traveled in Europe and it took me all of one day to understand just about every sign I came across. Probably what is happening here is that immigrants cannot read or write their own language, and demanding signs be in another language is just a political power grab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
16,477 posts, read 20,009,944 times
Reputation: 22402
Default Lazy! Perezoso! Lazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Lazy??

All they do is work very hard.

Just learn Spanish. It is a beautiful language, and you will make more money. Bilingual people are usually paid better.

U.S. is becoming a bilingual country like Canada.

Oh please! I work with the more adventuresome, aggressive, energetic Philipino legal immigrants (they must speak English before leaving the Philipines) and a good number of them aren't watching Television in Tagalog every night after working hard all day. Where I work, they're the first to volunteer for whatever overtime hours you'll give them. The Latino's? They're the last ones to volunteer.

Ever watch how people work south of the border? If they worked that same pace up in this country, they'd never last! Here, they have to work harder and they complain they work so hard. Only by comparison. But they know if they don't work, no cerveza at the end of the day. And no Spanish novellas!

I've talked to many who have been here for as long as 10 years, and if I remark on their inability to speak any more English, instantaneously they'll say: Oh I work so hard, no time to learn! Yet, they'll devote their entire evening to Spanish television. Not even 5 minutes of each night to learn a few words of English!

Repito, lazy, perezoso, lazy!

Last edited by tijlover; 05-24-2009 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 PM
 
549 posts, read 1,499,952 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Oh please! I work with the more adventuresome, aggressive, energetic Philipino legal immigrants (they must speak English before leaving the Philipines) and a good number of them aren't watching Television in Tagalog every night after working hard all day. Where I work, they're the first to volunteer for whatever overtime hours you'll give them. The Latino's? They're the last ones to volunteer.

Ever watch how people work south of the border? If they worked that same pace up in this country, they'd never last! Here, they have to work harder and they complain they work so hard. Only by comparison. But they know if they don't work, no cerveza at the end of the day. And no Spanish novellas!

I've talked to many who have been here for as long as 10 years, and if I remark on their inability to speak any more English, instantaneously they'll say: Oh I work so hard, no time to learn! Yet, they'll devote their entire evening to Spanish television. Not even 5 minutes of each night to learn a few words of English!

Repito, lazy, perezoso, lazy!


Just call ICE on them, period.

Report suspicious activity 1-866-DHS-2-ICE

Contact Us (http://www.ice.gov/about/contact.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top