Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

And the insanity continues. . . .

Quote:
HUDSON, Colo. (CBS4) ― A federal judge in Denver has awarded nearly $8 million to five migrant workers, but chances are they will see little or none of that money.

It was a civil lawsuit by five migrant workers who entered the U.S. illegally. The migrant workers had housing near Hudson and were convicted in federal court on criminal charges, served time, then deported. They didn't appear, nor did attorneys appear for them, in the suit. So the judge awarded $1.5 million to each. The problem now is getting the money.

$8M Awarded To Migrant Workers Who Were Deported - cbs4denver.com (http://cbs4denver.com/local/Illegal.Immigration.lawsuit.2.1012938.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And the insanity continues. . . .

$8M Awarded To Migrant Workers Who Were Deported - cbs4denver.com (http://cbs4denver.com/local/Illegal.Immigration.lawsuit.2.1012938.html - broken link)
Am I missing something? Why exactly are we giving them $8 million?

Quote:
The workers were housed in decrepit barracks.

"The bottom floor has bathroom facilities and large amounts of mold," an immigration agent noted at the time.
Are we giving them money because they lived in rundown housing and had mold in the bathroom? I mean, I don't doubt for one minute that we would do something like that, I am just asking. If I mold grow in my bathroom, can I get $8 million?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
So the whole batch was here Illegally? Then they are all in Mexico and they can sort it out there. GOODY

It was run by Moises and Maria Rodriguez who were convicted on criminal charges of smuggling and harboring illegal immigrants. They were deported to Mexico. After denying he was involved in smuggling, their son, Javier, pleaded guilty and got probation.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,952 times
The good and the bad.

The bad. We have an IA enabler activist judge who looks past the fact that the illegal Mexicans are here illegally and awards a ridiculous amount of money as compensation for the illegals exploitation. This of course will set precedents for further IA enablements from other activist judges. The kinds of judges Maobama has told us he is going to appoint.

The good. The exploitation of illegals by scumbag employers and other profiteers may be slowing down some if that exploitation becomes less profitable. Of course, if illegals can't be exploited by scumbag employers of illegals, why would the scumbag employers of illegals want the illegals in the first place? This may reduce the jobs magnet that draws illegals here in the first place.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Am I missing something? Why exactly are we giving them $8 million?

Are we giving them money because they lived in rundown housing and had mold in the bathroom? I mean, I don't doubt for one minute that we would do something like that, I am just asking. If I mold grow in my bathroom, can I get $8 million?
That appears to be the case. There are countless slumlords in this country whose occupants have it far worse. Yet, to my knowledge, none of them have been awarded millions for their deplorable living conditions.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That appears to be the case. There are countless slumlords in this country whose occupants have it far worse. Yet, to my knowledge, none of them have been awarded millions for their deplorable living conditions.
I SHOULD be eligible for some compensation myself. Last week, my bathroom caught fire..thankfully, I was able to put it out before it reached the house. I've also got a problem with goats in my living room....they SMELL bad...but if I open the window, my pigeons will escape...and I'm constantly urged to cut my lawn, but I can't, because it's hidden under piles of lumber and scrap metal. I'm often tempted to fix my roof....but when it's raining, I can't....and when it's dry, it doesn't leak.

But does anybody give ME 1.5 Million dollars?...oh, NOOOOOOOO!...I'm here LEGALLY !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration