Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Lawmakers in one of California’s largest counties have secretly approved awarding an illegal immigrant child molester more than $4 million because he was beaten by fellow inmates while in custody.
The Orange County Board of Supervisors made the decision in a closed-door session, according to an local newspaper that made the settlement public this week. The lawsuit had been filed by an illegal immigrant from Mexico who was jailed after molesting a 6-year-old girl at a park.
The illegal alien, 24-year-old Fernando Ramirez, eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of battery. While incarcerated at the county’s central jail, Ramirez was severely beaten by other inmates and his attorney says deputies in charge were elsewhere during the attack.
Ramirez suffered brain damage and is unable to walk unassisted, according to his attorney, who says his client has also been left with the intellect of a 4-year-old child. That’s two years younger than the girl he molested.
The back door settlement, never the less paid with tax dollars, is the county’s largest ever for an in-custody incident involving sheriffs. All five Orange County Board of Supervisors refuse to comment on the deal even though constituents certainly have the right to know since it’s their money. The illegal alien’s family will get $3.75 million and $900,000 will go to medical liens rendered while in custody.
Located in southern California, Orange County is the state’s third most populous with about 3 million residents. The area is well-known for its amusement-park attractions, such as Disneyland, and more than 40 miles of scenic coastline. Like every other municipality in the (not so) Golden State, the area is suffering through an unprecedented financial crisis.
The $4MM bugs me big time, but I'm delighted to know the scumbag pedophile: (1) Was beaten to a pulp; (2) Can no longer walk on his own; and (3) Has the intelligence of a 4-year-old.

He got what he deserved. The inmates did what most of us know he deserved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM

471 posts, read 586,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i would want to do to that person what they did to my child. use all kinds of strange objects to hurt them and if i did do anything i would make sure to not get caught.

but i understand that is a purely emotional response. and it doesnt help my child heal.

as parents we want to shelter our children, but how much of a protector can i be to my child if i am in jail for taking justice into my own hands. there are repercussions for those actions.

there is a difference between what we would like to do and what is lawful.

(dont think i didnt understand why nesler killed her sons molestor tho)
You are correct, but a few years in the pin and then parole doesn't keep other children from having to heal in the first place. Child molesters are criminals of opportunity from what I see. They will do it again if they think that they wont get caught.

Oh and of course we wouldn't get caught.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
so the sentencing should be harsher. thats the solution.

and with a longer sentence the longer the perp has to try and survive in jail.

i think the suit is because policy was not followed.
if policy is followed and a year into his sentence hes on the yard (which he probably wont be) and happens to get shanked, well then there is no room for a lawsuit. policy was followed. it was unfortunate, but inmates kill eachother all the time. it happens.

problem solved. no more molestor, no possible lawsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
You are correct, but a few years in the pin and then parole doesn't keep other children from having to heal in the first place. Child molesters are criminals of opportunity from what I see. They will do it again if they think that they wont get caught.

Oh and of course we wouldn't get caught.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 PM

471 posts, read 586,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so the sentencing should be harsher. thats the solution.

and with a longer sentence the longer the perp has to try and survive in jail.

i think the suit is because policy was not followed.
if policy is followed and a year into his sentence hes on the yard (which he probably wont be) and happens to get shanked, well then there is no room for a lawsuit. policy was followed. it was unfortunate, but inmates kill eachother all the time. it happens.

problem solved. no more molestor, no possible lawsuit.

I agree with that. +1 for you

Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I agree with what you are saying One. I just wish laws were stiffer on molesters. Not the kids that are 15 and 16 that have sex with each other and the courts are trying to make a point, I think that is a shame. I mean the baby rapers, the nasty people that prey on children, they need to do something differently with them. They should not enjoy life on our dime.
Penitentiary justice, crossbar hotel verdict , annihilation therapy and gang ethics are all pretty much decided by the time these guys get to county jail. Doesn't really have much to do with nationality. Legal or illegal, any of them will be more than happy to hold court, on the yard, in the cell, ect. ect. Its open season on child molesters, and ,thats the way it should be.

The only thing I regret is that they didn't finish the job. Now someone else needs to do it.

My advice to the molesters family? Run like hell, keep going and don't look back. They might come for you next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration