U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 AM
 
291 posts, read 353,151 times
Reputation: 73

Advertisements

Lawmakers in one of Californiaís largest counties have secretly approved awarding an illegal immigrant child molester more than $4 million because he was beaten by fellow inmates while in custody.
The Orange County Board of Supervisors made the decision in a closed-door session, according to an local newspaper that made the settlement public this week. The lawsuit had been filed by an illegal immigrant from Mexico who was jailed after molesting a 6-year-old girl at a park.
The illegal alien, 24-year-old Fernando Ramirez, eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of battery. While incarcerated at the countyís central jail, Ramirez was severely beaten by other inmates and his attorney says deputies in charge were elsewhere during the attack.
Ramirez suffered brain damage and is unable to walk unassisted, according to his attorney, who says his client has also been left with the intellect of a 4-year-old child. Thatís two years younger than the girl he molested.
The back door settlement, never the less paid with tax dollars, is the countyís largest ever for an in-custody incident involving sheriffs. All five Orange County Board of Supervisors refuse to comment on the deal even though constituents certainly have the right to know since itís their money. The illegal alienís family will get $3.75 million and $900,000 will go to medical liens rendered while in custody.
Located in southern California, Orange County is the stateís third most populous with about 3 million residents. The area is well-known for its amusement-park attractions, such as Disneyland, and more than 40 miles of scenic coastline. Like every other municipality in the (not so) Golden State, the area is suffering through an unprecedented financial crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Lawmakers in one of Californiaís largest counties have secretly approved awarding an illegal immigrant child molester more than $4 million because he was beaten by fellow inmates while in custody.
The Orange County Board of Supervisors made the decision in a closed-door session, according to an local newspaper that made the settlement public this week. The lawsuit had been filed by an illegal immigrant from Mexico who was jailed after molesting a 6-year-old girl at a park.
The illegal alien, 24-year-old Fernando Ramirez, eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of battery. While incarcerated at the countyís central jail, Ramirez was severely beaten by other inmates and his attorney says deputies in charge were elsewhere during the attack.
Ramirez suffered brain damage and is unable to walk unassisted, according to his attorney, who says his client has also been left with the intellect of a 4-year-old child. Thatís two years younger than the girl he molested.
The back door settlement, never the less paid with tax dollars, is the countyís largest ever for an in-custody incident involving sheriffs. All five Orange County Board of Supervisors refuse to comment on the deal even though constituents certainly have the right to know since itís their money. The illegal alienís family will get $3.75 million and $900,000 will go to medical liens rendered while in custody.
Located in southern California, Orange County is the stateís third most populous with about 3 million residents. The area is well-known for its amusement-park attractions, such as Disneyland, and more than 40 miles of scenic coastline. Like every other municipality in the (not so) Golden State, the area is suffering through an unprecedented financial crisis.
Now they can buy a yacht.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM
 
291 posts, read 353,151 times
Reputation: 73
yeah,and bring boatloads over to collect and breed more sickos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM
 
Location: York, PA
2,662 posts, read 5,135,972 times
Reputation: 2562
A F^&ing outrage.. and we wonder why the pot continues to boil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
well someone messed up here.

i am not condoning this guys behaviour. its despicable really to assault or batter a child, but the cops and handlers know what happens to alleged molesters in jail. they are always held seperately.

had they taken that step, or been more vigilant this would have never happened. (in another case a family is suing because the CO's erroneously told some inmates that a guy was in jail for molestation. they killed the guy. stomped him to death. now the family is suing.)

we have dirty cops. they know what to do. they know how to do it. why cant they just follow the rules and process these people accordingly.

that way we dont have to worry about these guys getting rich off of my hard earned money.

and before any one says, "why dont the illegals follow the law and stay out", well thats not the point of contention here. otherwise my answer would be, as t has been in the past, secure the borders. but in this instance, where the person is already here, when aprehended they should be handled per dept policy, be they non-violent offenders or sex offenders.

if policy would have been followed this person would never had the chance to sue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Location: York, PA
2,662 posts, read 5,135,972 times
Reputation: 2562
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well someone messed up here.

i am not condoning this guys behaviour. its despicable really to assault or batter a child, but the cops and handlers know what happens to alleged molesters in jail. they are always held seperately.

had they taken that step, or been more vigilant this would have never happened. (in another case a family is suing because the CO's erroneously told some inmates that a guy was in jail for molestation. they killed the guy. stomped him to death. now the family is suing.)

we have dirty cops. they know what to do. they know how to do it. why cant they just follow the rules and process these people accordingly.

that way we dont have to worry about these guys getting rich off of my hard earned money.

and before any one says, "why dont the illegals follow the law and stay out", well thats not the point of contention here. otherwise my answer would be, as t has been in the past, secure the borders. but in this instance, where the person is already here, when aprehended they should be handled per dept policy, be they non-violent offenders or sex offenders.

if policy would have been followed this person would never had the chance to sue.
When it comes to child molesters, screw department policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:49 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
well that is the emotional response, but we have a system of law and order.

i know what i would like to have happen to those people. but the rational response is to let the justice system empart punishment.

thats the best way to avoid these law suits. its the same case with police brutality. or that thug that got kicked in the head by a cop last week. it was caught on video.

now that guy is gunna sue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
When it comes to child molesters, screw department policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Next weíll hear that an illegal alien murderer is being awarded millions because an inmate ate his food, and thus deprived him of his right to sustain life. This is beyond absurd. They should have ended his miserable life. I have NO compassion for child molesters; and I donít give a flying fig where they come from. He got exactly what he deserved. I only hope they did to him what he did to that poor defenseless child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
 
3,295 posts, read 4,424,151 times
Reputation: 1514
Why can't we sue these offenders for making us pay for their incarceration???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Southern California
83 posts, read 120,405 times
Reputation: 86
I think that the family should have to pay back the state for what it cost to jail him, arrest him, the public defender, etc. etc.

He did not have a right to be in this country in the first place and the idea that we are all going to have to open our pockets to pay his family any amount of money after he snuck into this country, molested a kid, and then got his butt whipped is just appalling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top