Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:20 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times

Advertisements

By Christopher G. Adamo

Intermixed with Hillary Clinton’s many disparate stances on illegal immigration are the occasional, very revealing statements that say far more about her character in general than about her transient and flexible beliefs. In one recent statement, she expressed her surprise at the vehemence of real America in its opposition to the massive invasion of illegals.

According to Hillary, such fiery opposition was nonexistent only seven or eight years ago which, incidentally was when she and her husband occupied the White House. So what brought about this change? Without missing a beat, she postulated that the reason is, of course, the worsening economy under President Bush, which has made Americans, when looking for jobs, feel competitive pressure from those who breached the border.

No doubt Hillary was a bit off her game, since she was unable to bring Iraq, Guantanamo, or water boarding into the discussion. Yet from what she did say, two things are glaringly evident. First, she will not hesitate to offer a completely bogus and irrelevant analysis of any situation in hopes of gaining a political point or two. And secondly, she outwardly rejects and thus disparages the real reasons offered by those who are displaying their anger over this issue.

Try this for subtlety and nuance Mrs. Clinton. Most Americans love their country, revere its heritage, and hope to pass its blessings of bounty and liberty on to their children and their children’s children. They have no intention of sitting idly by while their nation is “Balkanized,” and increasingly takes on the attributes of the third world in its everyday life. They are outraged by every incident reflective of a “banana republic” in the workings of its local, state and federal governments.

Of course such a blast of reality would never be compatible with the standard operation of the Clinton political machine. Thus, while Hillary may occasionally land on the right side of the illegals issue, as she did in the Las Vegas debate where she was finally coerced into opposition of driver’s licenses for illegal aliens, her heart clearly is not, and never was, for taking sufficient action to stem the invasion. If elected, she will not abate the crisis.

Unfortunately, Senator Clinton is hardly alone, nor does her party hold a monopoly on the border issue. Some of the worst displays of arrogant disdain for real America, and detachment from its plight, have occurred on the Republican side of the aisle. Consider, as perhaps the most outrageous example, a statement made by Arizona Senator John McCain in the recent CNN/Youtube Republican debate.

More....

Chris Adamo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 11:46 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,607 times
The article mentions John McCain and Hillary Clinton, but no mention of Mitt Fraudney, who employs illegal aliens in his "sanctuary mansion"? How odd.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
The reason that it was not much of an issue nearly a decade ago is because: IT HAS GOTTEN EXPONENTIALLY WORSE!

Sorry for the caps, but what does it take to get through to some people?

Old 12-06-2007, 11:58 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The reason that it was not much of an issue nearly a decade ago is because: IT HAS GOTTEN EXPONENTIALLY WORSE!

Sorry for the caps, but what does it take to get through to some people?
I don't know but anything that could help is positive

Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
These politicians are playing "Micky the Dunce" when it comes to illegal immigration. They know damned well what the problems are, but THEY don't have to live in overcrowded neighborhoods, or compete for jobs with illegals, or worry about crime where they live, or listen to a foreign language wherever they go, etc.

They do this "superior dance", pretending to be more "compassionate" than us, but it's really because they don't have to DEAL with the problems on a daily basis, since they're separated by wealth. You can bet your bippy that they'd be thinking just like us, if they had to live "down here" with the peons.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Then we have a piece of the puzzle here, there is a GREED vibration, that is leeching the Eagle like a Poisonous Snake, this GREED is also causing devastation in foreign lands isn't it?

Besides leeching the Eagle, this Snake is also feeding from the fruits of Arrogance which are growing deep inside the Eagle's heart.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 PM

185 posts, read 355,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Then we have a piece of the puzzle here, there is a GREED vibration, that is leeching the Eagle like a Poisonous Snake, this GREED is also causing devastation in foreign lands isn't it?

Besides leeching the Eagle, this Snake is also feeding from the fruits of Arrogance which are growing deep inside the Eagle's heart.
Indeed. The war in Iraq is all about oil. We were chasing Bin Laden in Afganistan at the time, had him cornered and suddenly we made a sharp left and invaded Iraq. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw bombs dropping on Bagdad.

The illegal invasion is largely due to corporations stuffing their pockets through the use of slave labor and of course politicians who keep the borders open will receive donations (bribes) from said corporations. This doesn't mean I give the illegals a free pass, much of the onus is on them too.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
Indeed. The war in Iraq is all about oil. We were chasing Bin Laden in Afganistan at the time, had him cornered and suddenly we made a sharp left and invaded Iraq. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw bombs dropping on Bagdad.

The illegal invasion is largely due to corporations stuffing their pockets through the use of slave labor and of course politicians who keep the borders open will receive donations (bribes) from said corporations. This doesn't mean I give the illegals a free pass, much of the onus is on them too.
There is another piece of the puzzle, FEAR, this fear has been planted and harvested since 9/11 FEAR of terorrism, FEAR of illegals, the dark rat of FEAR is nibbling slowly the concsiousness of the Eagle, allowing those who thrive on GREED and ARROGANCE to create a distraction to continue with their agendas

Old 12-06-2007, 12:58 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Are you describing the Mexican flag?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Are you describing the Mexican flag?
No, but the Mexican Flag is an Eagle who devours a Snake, we are the twin Eagles, doesn't that makes perfect sense? we are our brothers keeper as well

The Mexica symbolysm of that eagle devouring the Snake, is the Spirit of Mexicas devouring Evil.

Some Mexica vibes for you from the heart, from the soul!

http://orbita.starmedia.com/von_straus/ima/bandera%20de%20mexico.jpg (broken link)

Boooooom!!!!

ॐ पुराण प्रेम

Holy spirit, Divine Love and Compassion

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-06-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration