U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2009, 10:59 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Maybe is because lighter features, like lighter hair or eyes color are usually carried by a recessive gene, and darker features by a dominant one. So as times goes by and generations go by the lighter features became more rare and sought after.

Understanding Genetics: Human Health and the Genome

Wonder what will happen when we can pick and choose all these features.

That day has arrived. I don't see too much black hair and black eyes anymore but hear more Spanish than ever. I wish I would have bought stock in hair bleach and blue contact lenses.

 
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

And it's a very easy language to learn how to pronounce the words.

Everyone -- spell out the letters of this word "socks" S, O, C, K, S and you've answered what tijlover just said in perfect Spanish.

It's easy to learn Spanish - however the Spanish spoken in Mexico sounds much better than the Spanglish you very often hear spoken in the USA.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well you didn't have much luck in your own country and so had to relocate over to the the USA with the American culture. Back home you likely were a lowly peon, you don't see the wealthy of Mexico coming here and calling themselves chicanos.
You have noticed that as well: most White Mexicans do not self identify as 'Chicano'----------and, quite a few have heartburn with the term 'Hispanic' as well.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 09:40 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You have noticed that as well: most White Mexicans do not self identify as 'Chicano'----------and, quite a few have heartburn with the term 'Hispanic' as well.
A lot of chicanos would be really shocked if they were sent to the country they claim to love so much. They have this illusion that if only Mexicans could rule, that everything would be perfect -- completely forgetting that there is such a place and they fight to keep from going back home to that country.

Mexico actually isn't a bad country to live in, but many of these "proud Mexican" chicanos wouldn't adapt too well. It's so much easier being a proud Mexican marching in the streets of the USA than actually living the life.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
 
223 posts, read 253,980 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well you didn't have much luck in your own country and so had to relocate over to the the USA with the American culture. Back home you likely were a lowly peon, you don't see the wealthy of Mexico coming here and calling themselves chicanos.
I was born here, brainiac. Calling yourself Chicano is distinguishing yourself from a Mexican, acknowledging you are an American with Mexican roots.
Lowly peon? What kind of wannabe bourgeois loser are you?
"MY own country" is the United States. Back home. EAD.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 01:41 PM
 
223 posts, read 253,980 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of chicanos would be really shocked if they were sent to the country they claim to love so much. They have this illusion that if only Mexicans could rule, that everything would be perfect -- completely forgetting that there is such a place and they fight to keep from going back home to that country.

Mexico actually isn't a bad country to live in, but many of these "proud Mexican" chicanos wouldn't adapt too well. It's so much easier being a proud Mexican marching in the streets of the USA than actually living the life.
I don't want to think you are that much of an ignorant fool to believe all that mess you're writing. I'll just play it safe and assume you are are purposely trying to look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and is making rash generalizations.
A brain is a terrible thing to waste, and knowledge is power. Consider that.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
 
223 posts, read 253,980 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Everyone -- spell out the letters of this word "socks" S, O, C, K, S and you've answered what tijlover just said in perfect Spanish.

It's easy to learn Spanish - however the Spanish spoken in Mexico sounds much better than the Spanglish you very often hear spoken in the USA.
Yeah, no sh--.
That's like saying Italian is spoken better in Italy than it is in New York by the sons of Italian immigrants. Anymore groundbreaking facts?
 
Old 05-23-2009, 02:31 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
I was born here, brainiac. Calling yourself Chicano is distinguishing yourself from a Mexican, acknowledging you are an American with Mexican roots.
Lowly peon? What kind of wannabe bourgeois loser are you?
"MY own country" is the United States. Back home. EAD.
That was in response to your post 11. You want the USA to become like the country you had to flee. You need to think about that a bit. Why was your country so bad you couldn't stay there, and why do you seem to believe sending anyone from Mexico back to live there is so unfathomable? (Actually it's not, Mexicans in Mexico don't have it that bad)

Why do you feel that "to make" it you must live in a non-hispanic nation? Someone from Mexico going back home, to you is like falling off the face of the world and it really isn't. A deported Mexican usually will try to cross back over a couple times. If it doesn't work, they hop on a bus and head for their hometown. There they have families, relatives, they know the language, they know their way around.

It's not really the horrendous end that you seem to believe as Mexico is a very wealthy nation with a growing middle class.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 03:06 PM
 
223 posts, read 253,980 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That was in response to your post 11. You want the USA to become like the country you had to flee. You need to think about that a bit. Why was your country so bad you couldn't stay there, and why do you seem to believe sending anyone from Mexico back to live there is so unfathomable? (Actually it's not, Mexicans in Mexico don't have it that bad)

Why do you feel that "to make" it you must live in a non-hispanic nation? Someone from Mexico going back home, to you is like falling off the face of the world and it really isn't. A deported Mexican usually will try to cross back over a couple times. If it doesn't work, they hop on a bus and head for their hometown. There they have families, relatives, they know the language, they know their way around.

It's not really the horrendous end that you seem to believe as Mexico is a very wealthy nation with a growing middle class.
I WAS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES AS MY PARENTS WERE. I DID NOT FLEE ANYWHERE.

There I put in nice and big for you. As your mouth moves while you read that line, try to let it sink into that poor overworked brain of yours.

MY COUNTRY IS THE UNITED STATES. Stop referring to Mexico as my country. For you to insinuate that a few times is one thing. But you're starting to get racist by refusing to acknowledge me as an American, despite me REPEATEDLY telling your slow thought-processing self.

Still confused?

I feel sorry for your inability to comprehend.
 
Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
I WAS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES AS MY PARENTS WERE. I DID NOT FLEE ANYWHERE.

There I put in nice and big for you. As your mouth moves while you read that line, try to let it sink into that poor overworked brain of yours.

MY COUNTRY IS THE UNITED STATES. Stop referring to Mexico as my country. For you to insinuate that a few times is one thing. But you're starting to get racist by refusing to acknowledge me as an American, despite me REPEATEDLY telling your slow thought-processing self.

Still confused?

I feel sorry for your inability to comprehend.
Talk to yourself much? You seem to answer yor own post's quite alot. I think confused would probably better describe what you are putting out here.

Screaming "racist" while insulting the hell out everybody is almost laughable. Absurd beyond belief.

With "Chicano" as a screen name I can see where a mistake could be made, but, your reaction was way over the top. He must have really hit a nerve.

What I feel sorry for is your inability to come up with a rational responce.

Getting the "last word" is a big deal with you, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top