U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 PM

223 posts, read 254,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Talk to yourself much? You seem to answer yor own post's quite alot. I think confused would probably better describe what you are putting out here.

Screaming "racist" while insulting the hell out everybody is almost laughable. Absurd beyond belief.

With "Chicano" as a screen name I can see where a mistake could be made, but, your reaction was way over the top. He must have really hit a nerve.

What I feel sorry for is your inability to come up with a rational responce.

Getting the "last word" is a big deal with you, right?
Anyone would get pissed off when someone repeatedly refers to you as a foreigner when you are an American, despite my correcting him.

If you understand that mistake being made by a screenname Chicano, you must not have a clue what that means.

By the way, are you an American? Are you?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:37 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Anyone would get pissed off when someone repeatedly refers to you as a foreigner when you are an American, despite my correcting him.

If you understand that mistake being made by a screenname Chicano, you must not have a clue what that means.

By the way, are you an American? Are you?
Think I must be. lol Daddy was a creek indian (not from India}. I have a clue, however, I didn't realize thats short for "American Mexican". That is the point you are making right? I can respect that, if thats what you mean.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:44 AM

549 posts, read 1,499,763 times
" I've been in stores where if I overhear a Spanish-speaking mother talk to her child in Spanish I'll reprimand her for not speaking English, in Spanish. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would immediately call the police and have you arrested

Old 05-24-2009, 06:22 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
" I've been in stores where if I overhear a Spanish-speaking mother talk to her child in Spanish I'll reprimand her for not speaking English, in Spanish. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would immediately call the police and have you arrested
And the odds are growing that the police may verify whether you are here here legally or not.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
I WAS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES AS MY PARENTS WERE. I DID NOT FLEE ANYWHERE.

There I put in nice and big for you. As your mouth moves while you read that line, try to let it sink into that poor overworked brain of yours.

MY COUNTRY IS THE UNITED STATES. Stop referring to Mexico as my country. For you to insinuate that a few times is one thing. But you're starting to get racist by refusing to acknowledge me as an American, despite me REPEATEDLY telling your slow thought-processing self.

Still confused?

I feel sorry for your inability to comprehend.
You don't seem American at all when you believe that foreign citizens of at least "certain" nations should not respect the laws of this country.

You don't want what's best for the USA, you don't want Americans to have better pay and job opportunities -- because we all know cheap labor has a lot to do with this problem.

All other countries have some kind of borders and immigration laws. You still haven't explained why the USA must be the only nation in the world without any and why the USA should have no limits whatsover on who and how many can come here.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You don't seem American at all when you believe that foreign citizens of at least "certain" nations should not respect the laws of this country.

You don't want what's best for the USA, you don't want Americans to have better pay and job opportunities -- because we all know cheap labor has a lot to do with this problem.

All other countries have some kind of borders and immigration laws. You still haven't explained why the USA must be the only nation in the world without any and why the USA should have no limits whatsover on who and how many can come here.
Debate over issues is very American.
Don't confuse American with fascist, where you want everyone to see things like you without dialogue. You're delusional if you think you're the only one who knows what's best for the country.

You know you're STILL treating me like I'm not a citizen of my own country based on my stated ethnicity. It's despicable, and unAmerican in itself. The country could use less people like you.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the odds are growing that the police may verify whether you are here here legally or not.
You give a thumbs up for profiling? Surprising? Not much.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:07 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
You give a thumbs up for profiling? Surprising? Not much.
I have no problem with profiling provided it is done respectfully.

Trust me: I have been on the receiving end many times when younger; since I have nothing to hide, it was no big deal

Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have no problem with profiling provided it is done respectfully.

Trust me: I have been on the receiving end many times when younger; since I have nothing to hide, it was no big deal
Profiling done respectfully?
Worrying about getting pulled over for driving while brown everytime you go somewhere? What a joke.
Hilarious how people have no problem volunteering others to get harassed by cops, as long as it doesn't affect them. Selfish, and un-American.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM

435 posts, read 536,029 times
This is a free country you can speak any language you want. I speak Italian, spanish, english with my friends. If you came up to me and told me to speak english I would tell you go shut the F*** up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration