U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM

223 posts, read 254,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
This is a free country you can speak any language you want. I speak Italian, spanish, english with my friends. If you came up to me and told me to speak english I would tell you go shut the F*** up
Honestly, I don't think I'd respond very well for someone trying to tell me how I should talk.
Typical arrogant attitude among these anti-Mexican immigrant types.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:32 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
" I've been in stores where if I overhear a Spanish-speaking mother talk to her child in Spanish I'll reprimand her for not speaking English, in Spanish. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would immediately call the police and have you arrested
A lot of police would just laugh at you, and they'd laugh at you in English.

Free speech works both ways you know, someone can tell you that you should learn English any time they want if free speech is going on.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Debate over issues is very American.
Don't confuse American with fascist, where you want everyone to see things like you without dialogue. You're delusional if you think you're the only one who knows what's best for the country.

You know you're STILL treating me like I'm not a citizen of my own country based on my stated ethnicity. It's despicable, and unAmerican in itself. The country could use less people like you.

I really wouldn't have a problem if you're a citizen but you got deported to Mexico for a while. It's a nice country actually. I've spent quite a bit of time over there myself.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:39 AM

549 posts, read 1,499,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the odds are growing that the police may verify whether you are here here legally or not.

I am as American as the founding fathers....

In Florida we are all mainly bilinguals. There are three official languages: English, Spanish, and Creole. We talk to our children in Spanish or Creole, because we know that they will learn perfect English at school. We want them to be bilingual, and they must be able to speak/write/read perfectly a second language. If you want to be an ordinary monolingual...that`s your decision. Let others learn other languages. The more languages people know, the more educated and prepared they become.

I would immediately call the police and have you arrested if you ever try to reprimand a resident for not speaking English.

That would be considered an assault, and thank god we live in a free country.

You should stop watching Bill O`Reilly and Fox News. BTW

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Flips Out

Last edited by Eduardo983; 05-24-2009 at 12:46 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of police would just laugh at you, and they'd laugh at you in English.

Free speech works both ways you know, someone can tell you that you should learn English any time they want if free speech is going on.
I seriously doubt that a police officer would even consider not to follow our laws.

Wow...some states can be very primitive... well, there are 300 million nationals here. By statistics, a small percent has to be like you guys.

I don`t support undocumented people. I just don`t think that`s appropiate to reprimand people because they speak a language other than English. They could be tourists, bilinguals or trilinguals. Would you like to travel to France and have French people reprimanding you that you can`t speak English. If that ever happens to me I would also approach the French police and have the person arrested.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 05-24-2009 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 02:04 PM

223 posts, read 254,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I really wouldn't have a problem if you're a citizen but you got deported to Mexico for a while. It's a nice country actually. I've spent quite a bit of time over there myself.
What's that supposed to mean?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
What's that supposed to mean?

That Malamute needs to get mental help. Telling a U.S. American to get deported is insane and UnAmerican.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
I am as American as the founding fathers....

In Florida we are all mainly bilinguals. There are three official languages: English, Spanish, and Creole. We talk to our children in Spanish or Creole, because we know that they will learn perfect English at school. We want them to be bilingual, and they must be able to speak/write/read perfectly a second language. If you want to be an ordinary monolingual...that`s your decision. Let others learn other languages. The more languages people know, the more educated and prepared they become.

I would immediately call the police and have you arrested if you ever try to reprimand a resident for not speaking English.

That would be considered an assault, and thank god we live in a free country.

You should stop watching Bill O`Reilly and Fox News. BTW
You are grasping at straws there; remember also that here in the USA we do indeed have free speech.

If I said something threatening to you, that would be different.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
That Malamute needs to get mental help. Telling a U.S. American to get deported is insane and UnAmerican.
Suffice to say: I put more stock in someone like Malamute then a pro illegal lover.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:33 PM

435 posts, read 536,029 times
at the end whites will attack browns if illegal or legal it does not matter this has always been about race and nothing else. I bet if you had a german illegal with blond hair and blue eyes living next to you. You would not give a damm if they were illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration