U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Blacks killing and Blacks, and Latinos killing Latinos really don't get much press time at all. It's the status quo. It's accepted as normal.

But in all honesty, with a straight face, can you say that the cases where Latinos are victimizing Blacks are NOT getting more media buzz than the cases where Blacks are victimizing Latinos?

You're saying it's not a racial issue, yet I keep reading posts here by others about how "mestizos" or "latinos" or "hispanics" are inherently more racist than any other groups. That they "hate Blacks".

That illegals, of Hispanic descent, are oppressing and persecuting Blacks by "moving into their neighborhoods" and "ethnic cleansing" those neighborhoods.

And yet they have little knowledge of the other side of that whole story. I partially blame the media for sensationalizing Blacks being harmed by the illegal Mexican, while not finding Latinos, illegal and legal/citizen, being harmed by Blacks as being nearly as newsworthy.

But then I post some of the other side, and people don't care. They justify, or just ignore.

It just shows that people are exploiting tragedies, such as inner-city violence, for their own agenda. And yes, they are making it racial. Maybe illegals are their focus, but since most illegals are Latinos, they are "Mexican-bashing" to cause fear and resentment against illegals, while smearing all Latinos in the process.

It's like, not liking robbers who happen to be Asian-American. Wanting those robbers gone. But when discussing all the bad things about robbers, you can't avoid talking about Asian-Americans themselves, or their "culture of corruptness".
Perhaps you hear of more stories related to black/brown conflicts due to your location. I live in the DC suburbs, and this isnít a common occurrence in this area. I believe this conflict is primarily a CA phenomenon, though I could be mistaken.

I wonít try to convince you that this issue isnít race-related, because I believe it would be futile. I am anti-illegal immigration, and I wonít apologize for my stance. Hispanic-Americans and Hispanic illegal aliens are not the same. My issue is solely with illegal aliens. If you donít believe me, so be it.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:35 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Oh yes, Gangs are just a "Social Club" just with guns and drugs..

And it is the taxpayer's responsibility to ensure that Illegal Aliens have "better schools" and more public housing.. The gang members DON'T act responsibly enough towards Taxpayer funded creations already, seeing freeway signs with Gang Tags on them, public schools being rundown with Gang graffiti, bullet holes placed in the doors of public housing, etc.. Why should it be the taxpayer's responsibility to provide people that CANNOT and AREN'T willing to take responsibility for what they already have? I don't know what your parents taught you, but mine always taught me to appreciate the things that you have and that are given to you, AND if you are careless with those things, example being a new toy truck when I was 6 years old, NOT to ask for another thing again.. Obviously, No Habla Lesson learned here!

With that said, People should empower themselves in THEIR own Country to have better schools and public housing.. NOT demand it at the shot of gun from citizens in another country that they have entered ILLEGALLY to begin with..
Why do gangs exist in your opinion?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps you hear of more stories related to black/brown conflicts due to your location. I live in the DC suburbs, and this isnít a common occurrence in this area. I believe this conflict is primarily a CA phenomenon, though I could be mistaken.

I wonít try to convince you that this issue isnít race-related, because I believe it would be futile. I am anti-illegal immigration, and I wonít apologize for my stance. Hispanic-Americans and Hispanic illegal aliens are not the same. My issue is solely with illegal aliens. If you donít believe me, so be it.
LOTS of Brown vs. Black violence in DC. On the DC / Silver Springs border I almost got into a confrontation with a Hispanic guy. Later on, during the same trip, almost got into it with a Black guy who thought I look Hispanic (I'm half White, so I look Hispanic when I cut my hair short). These things happen everywhere.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Can you not read? Or are you ignoring the stories of Blacks killing, robbing, and raping illegals and Latinos?
Do you deny that Brown on Black crimes are stressed more in the media than Black on Brown crimes?

I love how you guys dismissed that because they are illegals. So it's open game on them, and there's not that same criticism of African-Americans being "racist", instead its the Latinos who are "racist" because of the actions of a few gangembers.

Pure BS. Keep ignoring the truth.

Blacks aren't going to the country of the illegals to do anything to them.

Would a country like Mexico allow American gangs of any race to move illegally into Mexico and prey on the people there?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
la raza is a shortened term for LA RAZA COSMICA

a term coined by a philiosopher vasconcelos.

its not meant to be "the race", thats taking it out of context. kinda like what those silly lil mecha kids did.
It doesn't matter what some guy named vasconcelos meant or didn't mean. The term "The Race" attracts a type of people with a type of mentality. A racist mentality.

Again, do we all at least agree that any one associated with these gangs that is here illegally should be deported?

Of course not all gang members are illegals but many are, and we don't need the ones who are illegal or their families. Send them home.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 PM

223 posts, read 254,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Blacks aren't going to the country of the illegals to do anything to them.

Would a country like Mexico allow American gangs of any race to move illegally into Mexico and prey on the people there?

So Mexicans are coming here illegally for the purpose of "doing things" to Black? Stop trying to push inner-city tensions you don't have a clue about for your agenda.
Also, did you not read all the stuff I posted when it's the other way around? Jesus, man.

Check you out trying to make it racial, and exploiting the actions of gangbangers for your agenda against illegal immigrants. Sad and despicable.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:

So Mexicans are coming here illegally for the purpose of "doing things" to Black? Stop trying to push inner-city tensions you don't have a clue about for your agenda.
Also, did you not read all the stuff I posted when it's the other way around? Jesus, man.

Check you out trying to make it racial, and exploiting the actions of gangbangers for your agenda against illegal immigrants. Sad and despicable.

Would the country of Mexico accept American gangs illegally moving into Mexico and killing Mexicans? Would the people of Mexico just shrug their shoulders and say it's okay for racist groups to come illegally and kill the people of that country? Would there be excuses made?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
LOTS of Brown vs. Black violence in DC. On the DC / Silver Springs border I almost got into a confrontation with a Hispanic guy. Later on, during the same trip, almost got into it with a Black guy who thought I look Hispanic (I'm half White, so I look Hispanic when I cut my hair short). These things happen everywhere.
It's just territorial attitude prevalent among thug-types, which there are always unfortunately a few of in the Latino and Black communities.

I was walking down the sidewalk one day, when 2 Black kids who weren't gangbangers, but still tried to act tough were walking in my direction. One of them deliberately walked into me with his shoulder. Annoyed, I just let it slide. Macho Bull****.

On the flipside, as a Latino,if I walk past thug type Latinos, they'll hit me up too.
Black kids get hit up by Latino and Black toughs. Latino kids get hit up by Latino and Black toughs. Territorial, macho, BS.
I was once driving through East Hollywood, and saw a small Latino kid walking, when a group of Armenian kids walked past him pushing him around aggressively.
Are any of these ethnic groups racist, evil people? No. Normal people are always good people, regardless of race. But its the thug types that are going to be like that toward anyone they don't know, regardless if they are of a different race, or most often, the same race.

These people don't care about anything. They just want to exploit and milk unfortunate incidents common to our neighborhoods, just so they can garner more hate and fear of illegals, at the expense of Latinos, most of which who are good people. It's sick.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 PM

The Armenians should also be deported if they are here illegally.

Illegals by definition have no respect for the laws of this country and so are more inclined to break other laws. Any laws that they find inconvenient, they believe they should break. That's why illegals need to be returned to their own homelands.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Would the country of Mexico accept American gangs illegally moving into Mexico and killing Mexicans? Would the people of Mexico just shrug their shoulders and say it's okay for racist groups to come illegally and kill the people of that country? Would there be excuses made?
THESE ARE AMERICAN GANGS. You cant get that through your head. Regardless the fact that some of the members are illegal, these are AMERICAN GANGS. Most of the members are American, the illegals ones were more than likely RAISED HERE. THIS DEVELOPED IN AMERICA.

Why are the Latino gangs "racist groups", and yet the Black gangs who do the same thing aren't?

Why is America allowing any gang should be what you are asking. Not pushing and stubbornly arguing your ridiculous, completely uninformed point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or