U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 PM

223 posts, read 253,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Armenians should also be deported if they are here illegally.

Illegals by definition have no respect for the laws of this country and so are more inclined to break other laws. Any laws that they find inconvenient, they believe they should break. That's why illegals need to be returned to their own homelands.
LOL! Those Armenians are more than likely American. Do you really think this type of behavior is limited to illegals, and can't be attributed to Americans?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:28 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
LOL! Those Armenians are more than likely American. Do you really think this type of behavior is limited to illegals, and can't be attributed to Americans?
Armenian and American don't mean the same thing even if they have some of the same letters. Armenians are not Americans, they are Armenians, from that country. Someone who is an Armenian is not an American.

It's already been explained that we have domestic criminals, plenty of them, what we don't need is to import more. Deport the illegals.

Hopefully most of the thugs aren't actually legal immigrants.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
THESE ARE AMERICAN GANGS. You cant get that through your head. Regardless the fact that some of the members are illegal, these are AMERICAN GANGS. Most of the members are American, the illegals ones were more than likely RAISED HERE. THIS DEVELOPED IN AMERICA.

Why are the Latino gangs "racist groups", and yet the Black gangs who do the same thing aren't?

Why is America allowing any gang should be what you are asking. Not pushing and stubbornly arguing your ridiculous, completely uninformed point.
I am wondering the same thing too. I doubt you will get a coherent answer from the rabid anti-illegals though.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I am wondering the same thing too. I doubt you will get a coherent answer from the rabid anti-illegals though.
Why don't you guys answer this: Since we all know *some* gang types are American and *some* gang types are illegals, can we all agree that anyone associated with these gangs who is illegal needs to be deported - and with their families?

That's simple enough.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 AM

At the least one very important approach to these gangs would be to round up all those involved in these gangs that is here illegally and send them home.

That includes Armenians here illegally. Anyone.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:01 AM

804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Quote:
Armenian and American don't mean the same thing even if they have some of the same letters. Armenians are not Americans, they are Armenians, from that country. Someone who is an Armenian is not an American.

It's already been explained that we have domestic criminals, plenty of them, what we don't need is to import more. Deport the illegals.

Hopefully most of the thugs aren't actually legal immigrants.
The highlighted statement is not true. Being an Armenian does not mean you are not a U.S. citizen ( what I understand you mean by American ). Unless in Armenia you are required to renounce your citizenship in order to take another one, since the U.S. does not require you to give up your previous citizenship before obtaining the U.S. one.

Someone could be Armenian and a citizen of the U.S. at the same time.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
The highlighted statement is not true. Being an Armenian does not mean you are not a U.S. citizen ( what I understand you mean by American ). Unless in Armenia you are required to renounce your citizenship in order to take another one, since the U.S. does not require you to give up your previous citizenship before obtaining the U.S. one.

Someone could be Armenian and a citizen of the U.S. at the same time.
I doubt many of us have much problem sending "dual citizens" especially those who are involved in criminal activities here back to that other country they love so much.

Dual citizenship can work both ways, there's no reason at all for a dual not to enjoy time in his other (usually preferred) country. A dual citizen who acts up here should be returned to the homeland.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:10 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
LOTS of Brown vs. Black violence in DC. On the DC / Silver Springs border I almost got into a confrontation with a Hispanic guy. Later on, during the same trip, almost got into it with a Black guy who thought I look Hispanic (I'm half White, so I look Hispanic when I cut my hair short). These things happen everywhere.
If “LOTS” of black vs. brown violence exists in DC, they are certainly keeping it mum. I am only aware of one incident, and I believe it was a gang initiation as opposed to being racially motivated. However, I do know that certain areas of Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsville, and Langley Park have been transformed from nice neighborhoods into illegal alien crime-infested barrios. There has also been an increase in other crimes, including murder, perpetrated by illegal aliens.

I have a friend who lives in NW DC near 14th Street where many Blacks and Hispanics live. According to him, there is no racial issue; and the violence involves primarily Latino on Latino crime.

Can you substantiate your claim? I Googled and received no results other than for LA.

The following article mentions a few other places, but there was no mention of DC.

Quote:
Animosity between Latinos and blacks is the worst-kept secret in race relations in America. For years, Latino leaders have pointed the finger of blame at blacks when Latinos are robbed, beaten and even murdered. Blacks, in turn, have blamed Latinos for taking jobs, for colonizing neighborhoods, for gang violence. These days, the tension between the races is noticeable not only in prison life and in gang warfare (where it's been a staple of life for decades) but in politics, in schools, in housing, in the immigration debate. Conflicts today are just as likely -- in some cases, more likely -- to be between blacks and Latinos as between blacks and whites. In fact, even though hate-crime laws were originally created to combat crimes by whites against minority groups, the majority of L.A. County's hate crimes against blacks in 2006 were suspected to have been committed by Latinos, and vice versa, according to the county Commission on Human Relations.
Fact or Fantasy: Black/Latino Conflicts - Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org

Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You didn't answer my question -- can't we all agree that anyone associated with these criminal gangs be deported along with their families if they are here illegally?

Then we won't have to argue about how many are Americans. I'm sure we can agree that all illegals who commit crimes and/or are members of gangs must be deported.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Quote:
I doubt many of us have much problem sending "dual citizens" especially those who are involved in criminal activities here back to that other country they love so much.

Dual citizenship can work both ways, there's no reason at all for a dual not to enjoy time in his other (usually preferred) country. A dual citizen who acts up here should be returned to the homeland.
You have two homelands...I was dual for most of my life. I was born like that, like many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or