U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:32 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If “LOTS” of black vs. brown violence exists in DC, they are certainly keeping it mum. I am only aware of one incident, and I believe it was a gang initiation as opposed to being racially motivated. However, I do know that certain areas of Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Hyattsville, and Langley Park have been transformed from nice neighborhoods into illegal alien crime-infested barrios. There has also been an increase in other crimes, including murder, perpetrated by illegal aliens.

I have a friend who lives in NW DC near 14th Street where many Blacks and Hispanics live. According to him, there is no racial issue; and the violence involves primarily Latino on Latino crime.

Can you substantiate your claim? I Googled and received no results other than for LA.

The following article mentions a few other places, but there was no mention of DC.

Fact or Fantasy: Black/Latino Conflicts - Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org
I'm just relating experiences and what my college friends that moved out there from LA have said after that happened.

It would make sense, in a way, that there are no or little search results since LA is a larger city.

But if it happened to a visitor to the DC region (me...wearing Abercrombie and Fitch, not at all looking like a gangster) I can assure you it happens.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
THESE ARE AMERICAN GANGS. You cant get that through your head. Regardless the fact that some of the members are illegal, these are AMERICAN GANGS. Most of the members are American, the illegals ones were more than likely RAISED HERE. THIS DEVELOPED IN AMERICA.

Why are the Latino gangs "racist groups", and yet the Black gangs who do the same thing aren't?

Why is America allowing any gang should be what you are asking. Not pushing and stubbornly arguing your ridiculous, completely uninformed point.
Being on American soil and being an American are two different things. That's pretty much the summary and why we want our govt to toss the non-Americans out on their $ss.

--
Mara Salvatrucha is a criminal gang that originated in Los Angeles and spread to Central America and parts of the United States and Canada[2]. The gangs' names are commonly abbreviated as MS,[3] Mara, and MS-13 they are composed mostly of Salvadorans, Hondurans, Guatemalans, and Nicaraguans

Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You didn't answer my question -- can't we all agree that anyone associated with these criminal gangs be deported along with their families if they are here illegally?

Then we won't have to argue about how many are Americans. I'm sure we can agree that all illegals who commit crimes and/or are members of gangs must be deported.
I don't think anyone would argue against deporting illegal immigrants who are in gangs.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't think anyone would argue against deporting illegal immigrants who are in gangs.
All illegals should be deported including DREAMies.The anchor baby farce should have never existed and should be abolished immediately. The current batch of anchors should only be permitted to return once they reach the age of 18 with the stipulation that chain migration will NOT be allowed.

A criminal by any other name is still a criminal.

Quote:
Re: good moral character question.... Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenmi
first of all. thank you for everything you guys are doing to help pass this bill. you guys are all my heroes.

ok i have 2 questions with regards to this.

1) what if i entered the community college im currently at during HS (for football, we got PE credits) and i needed to enter a social and im still under that social security number. does that void my eligibility for the Dream Act? what should i do?

and #2

2) i currently am employed with same SSD. But i do pay taxes and have been paying taxes since i started working fulltime by using my ITIN.

i read about being inegible under the good moral character part and my stomach dropped. thanks for all your answers. i appreciate them.

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10765

Old 05-23-2009, 12:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I'm just relating experiences and what my college friends that moved out there from LA have said after that happened.

It would make sense, in a way, that there are no or little search results since LA is a larger city.

But if it happened to a visitor to the DC region (me...wearing Abercrombie and Fitch, not at all looking like a gangster) I can assure you it happens.
Yes, LA is a larger city, but DC is our nation’s capital. If we had LOTS of racial violence here, it would certainly be newsworthy. Wouldn’t you agree?

Admittedly, I have no experience with gangs, or any other thug-life to know what is considered appropriate attire when walking through the “hood.” I have lived in the DC area for the majority of my life, and I know which areas not to get caught in after dark (some during daylight). I also know not to look down while walking, and not to appear intimidated. I don’t frequent those areas, so I have never had a problem.

I don’t want illegals living anywhere near me; nor do I want them in this country. Again – it’s not because they are Hispanic (I was married to one), or Mexican, or anything else; it’s because they have no respect for our laws, and they are draining us dry. I’m sick of it.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
All illegals should be deported including DREAMies and anchors. Anchors should be permitted to return once they reach the age of 18 with the stipulation that chain migration will NOT be allowed.
Too bad you are not the one who will be in charge of reforming this nation's immigration laws.

Quote:
Washington, DC - Yesterday, the Pew Research Center for the People and Press released its Trends in Core Values 1987 to 2009 Report, which has been tracking American attitudes towards party affiliation and solutions to difficult political issues for more than twenty years. The results of this year's report clearly demonstrate that the American people support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants currently in the country, and that moderate and conservative Democrats have had the largest shift in attitudes towards immigration reform. These results mirror recent CBS/New York Times and ABC/Washington Post on the same topic.

The report finds that "by nearly two-to-one (63% to 34%), most [Americans] favor a way for illegal immigrants in the United States to gain legal citizenship if they meet certain conditions, including passing background checks and paying fines." This represents a 5 percentage point jump in support compared to 2007.
America’s Voice | New Poll Shows Upward Trend for Immigration Reform

Even the conservative fox news poll would beg to differ with you.

Newest Fox News Immigration Poll

Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Too bad you are not the one who will be in charge of reforming this nation's immigration laws.

America’s Voice | New Poll Shows Upward Trend for Immigration Reform

Even the conservative fox news poll would beg to differ with you.
As a citizen I am indeed in charge via my voting power. If you think for one minute your precious DREAMAct is going to become a reality in America, then you are probably also gullible enough to believe if I had illegal alien family members that I wouldn't turn them in. Guess what? I'd turn in my own mother if she were here illegally. You and none of your ilk are an exception to the laws or rules of this country. As for your poll, that's nothing more than a random, sporadic selection of participants. I'm sure there are millions of Americans that have NEVER been polled. I am one of said millions. You need to

Your best bet is to remain in the shadows until you can figure out a way to return home without detection and you might be eligible to apply to enter legally in the future.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 PM

223 posts, read 254,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why don't you guys answer this: Since we all know *some* gang types are American and *some* gang types are illegals, can we all agree that anyone associated with these gangs who is illegal needs to be deported - and with their families?

That's simple enough.
I don't know about "with their families", but deporting violent criminals is a given. Of course we don't want more gangmembers!
But that's not your little point.
Your little point is that illegals being present, are more of a threat than gang members. You're not concerned about gang members. They don't affect you.
So you're all about the illegals(which probably don't affect you either), so you and others are desperately attributing the actions of a gang to all illegals in order to smear them. Ignoring the fact that there is just as bad stuff coming from Black gangs, and that most of the perps in Latino gangs are CHICANO, or American born Latino.
Also, the illegal members of gangs almost always were RAISED HERE. The gangmembers who happen to be illegal became who they are living HERE, not in some preschool in Mexico.
If your concern truly is with incidents like this one, maybe you'd be more concerned about fixing the environment that is breeding gangsters, LATINO and BLACK, that do these kind of crimes.
You can use this situation to smear illegals, and go pick off all the people in front of Home Depot, meatpacking factories, agricultural fields, nannies, kids in school, and ignore the festering situations in AMERICAN neighborhoods you don't care about, and I can assure you the problem will still be there. It is not an illegal problem. It's an inner-city American problem. Lots of Brown people, whether it be in gangs or neighborhoods, does not always mean illegal.

I am Chicano, American born and raised of Mexican descent. I can without question say that the problems around gangs have to do with people like me who were raised in America.
Not the Mexican who just jumped the fence, or has overstayed his work visa.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As a citizen I am in deed in charge via my voting power. If you think for one minute your precious DREAMAct is going to become a reality in America, then you are probably also gullible enough to believe if I had illegal alien family members that I wouldn't turn them in. Guess what? I'd turn in my own mother if she were here illegally. You and none of your ilk are an exception to the laws or rules of this country.

Your best bet is to remain in the shadows until you can figure out a way to return home without detection and maybe apply to enter legally in the future.
I don't believe in moving piecemeal when it comes to immigration reform. The polls are clearly showing that most americans clearly support a comprehensive approach to solving this illegal immigration problem. You can deny it all you want but i guess we will just have to wait and see what the future holds. Thank God your anti-hispanic/immigrant views are held by only a tiny minority in this country.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
andrea billups, reporter for the washington times, wrote a story, “36 chicago students killed sets record,” may 13, 2009. She reported stunning killing figures for high schools in chicago, illinois. A horrifying 36 kids suffered death at the hands of classmates and street thugs in the “windy city” for the past school year.

As reported in june, 2008, nbc’s brian williams said, “chicago high schools suffer 50 percent dropout rates while detroit shows a 76 percent dropout rate for area high schools.”

what do those cities share in common? Answer: Two to three million illegal aliens and their children. Additionally, dozens of languages other than english!

it may be politically incorrect to mention that chicago area hosts two to three million illegal aliens, mostly from third-world nations such as mexico and guatemala. It may be outrageous and unconscionable to mention that the u.s. Doj-fbi reports that fully ten percent (400,000) of them are seasoned criminals.

e:mail: frostyw@juno.com

frosty wooldridge -- immigration: 36 chicago students killed sets record

Quote:
49 arrested in ice-led operation targeting gang members for deportation

http://www.ice.gov/images/news/newsreleases/articles/080718chicago.jpg (broken link)chicago - u.s. Immigration and customs enforcement (ice) agents here, in close partnership with local law enforcement officers, made 49 arrests in a four-day operation targeting illegal aliens with ties to violent street gangs in chicago's northern and northwest suburbs this week. This is the latest joint local action of an ongoing national ice effort to target foreign-born gang members.
These arrests were made under an ongoing national ice initiative called "operation community shield," in which ice partners with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies to address the significant public safety threat posed by transnational street gangs. Partnerships with local law enforcement agencies are essential to the success of the initiative, and they help further ensure officer safety during the operations.
The multi-agency operation, which began sunday night and ended wednesday night, targeted foreign-born gang members and associates in the northern and northwest suburbs. of the 49 arrested, 48 are mexican nationals; one is from guatemala. All are illegal aliens with the exception of one u.s. Permanent resident whose criminal convictions make him eligible for deportation.
forty seven of those arrested are members or associates of the following gangs: Brown pride, imperial gangsters, insane deuces, latin kings, norteños-14, sureños-13, and the 18th street gang. Two of those arrested had no known gang affiliations but are deportable because they are in the u.s. Illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or