U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 PM

223 posts, read 254,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Andrea Billups, reporter for the Washington Times, wrote a story, “36 Chicago students killed sets record,” May 13, 2009. She reported stunning killing figures for high schools in Chicago, Illinois. A horrifying 36 kids suffered death at the hands of classmates and street thugs in the “Windy City” for the past school year.

As reported in June, 2008, NBC’s Brian Williams said, “Chicago high schools suffer 50 percent dropout rates while Detroit shows a 76 percent dropout rate for area high schools.”

What do those cities share in common? Answer: two to three million illegal aliens and their children. Additionally, dozens of languages other than English!

It may be politically incorrect to mention that Chicago area hosts two to three million illegal aliens, mostly from third-world nations such as Mexico and Guatemala. It may be outrageous and unconscionable to mention that the U.S. DOJ-FBI reports that fully ten percent (400,000) of them are seasoned criminals.

E:Mail: frostyw@juno.com

Frosty Wooldridge -- Immigration: 36 Chicago students killed sets record
I didn't realize high numbers of gang-related murders were new to Chicago.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:05 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
I didn't realize high numbers of gang-related murders were new to Chicago.
They aren't but they've risen substantially with the number of illegal aliens entering upon the declaration of Chicago's sanctuary stance.

Quote:
49 arrested in ICE-led operation targeting gang members for deportation

http://www.ice.gov/images/news/newsreleases/articles/080718chicago.jpg (broken link)CHICAGO - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents here, in close partnership with local law enforcement officers, made 49 arrests in a four-day operation targeting illegal aliens with ties to violent street gangs in Chicago's northern and northwest suburbs this week. This is the latest joint local action of an ongoing national ICE effort to target foreign-born gang members.
These arrests were made under an ongoing national ICE initiative called "Operation Community Shield," in which ICE partners with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies to address the significant public safety threat posed by transnational street gangs. Partnerships with local law enforcement agencies are essential to the success of the initiative, and they help further ensure officer safety during the operations.
The multi-agency operation, which began Sunday night and ended Wednesday night, targeted foreign-born gang members and associates in the northern and northwest suburbs. Of the 49 arrested, 48 are Mexican nationals; one is from Guatemala. All are illegal aliens with the exception of one U.S. permanent resident whose criminal convictions make him eligible for deportation.
Forty seven of those arrested are members or associates of the following gangs: Brown Pride, Imperial Gangsters, Insane Deuces, Latin Kings, Norteños-14, Sureños-13, and the 18th Street Gang. Two of those arrested had no known gang affiliations but are deportable because they are in the U.S. illegally.

So you were saying . . . .

Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
They aren't but they've risen substantially with the number of illegal aliens entering upon the declaration of Chicago's sanctuary stance.

[/b]
So you were saying . . . .
Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2007 — Infoplease.com

History of Gangs in Chicago

Old 05-23-2009, 02:29 PM

You posted those links as if the history of gangs in Chicago is some deep dark secret. I was born and raised there and am fully aware of it's history.

Again, comparing apples to oranges (illegal alien gangs committing criminal acts vs American gangs on American soil) has nothing to do with illegal alien gangs. If Americans gangs were committing crime on mexican soil then you'd have a comparison and something on which to base your point.

And . . no I didn't bother wasting my time reading the links.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You posted those links as if the history of gangs in Chicago is some deep dark secret. I was born and raised there and am fully aware of it's history.

Again, comparing apples to oranges (illegal alien gangs committing criminal acts vs American gangs on American soil) has nothing to do with illegal alien gangs. If Americans gangs were committing crime on mexican soil then you'd have a comparison and something on which to base your point.

And . . no I didn't bother wasting my time reading the links.
I hear that's the top defense in a debate.

So is posting a stat(there is a rise in murders in Chicago!), and juxtaposing them with a different stat(there's illegals in Chicago! Some of them in gangs!) without actually connecting them.

Bravo.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I hear that's the top defense in a debate.

So is posting a stat(there is a rise in murders in Chicago!), and juxtaposing them with a different stat(there's illegals in Chicago! Some of them in gangs!) without actually connecting them.

Bravo.
Topic: Illegal Alien Gangs. The other stats that you posted? As far as I'm concerned are all moot points. Your attempt at ridiculing me for wanting to stay on topic? Also a moot point.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:42 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
I don't know about "with their families", but deporting violent criminals is a given. Of course we don't want more gangmembers!
But that's not your little point.
Your little point is that illegals being present, are more of a threat than gang members. You're not concerned about gang members. They don't affect you.
So you're all about the illegals(which probably don't affect you either), so you and others are desperately attributing the actions of a gang to all illegals in order to smear them. Ignoring the fact that there is just as bad stuff coming from Black gangs, and that most of the perps in Latino gangs are CHICANO, or American born Latino.
Also, the illegal members of gangs almost always were RAISED HERE. The gangmembers who happen to be illegal became who they are living HERE, not in some preschool in Mexico.
If your concern truly is with incidents like this one, maybe you'd be more concerned about fixing the environment that is breeding gangsters, LATINO and BLACK, that do these kind of crimes.
You can use this situation to smear illegals, and go pick off all the people in front of Home Depot, meatpacking factories, agricultural fields, nannies, kids in school, and ignore the festering situations in AMERICAN neighborhoods you don't care about, and I can assure you the problem will still be there. It is not an illegal problem. It's an inner-city American problem. Lots of Brown people, whether it be in gangs or neighborhoods, does not always mean illegal.

I am Chicano, American born and raised of Mexican descent. I can without question say that the problems around gangs have to do with people like me who were raised in America.
Not the Mexican who just jumped the fence, or has overstayed his work visa.
Ask yourself what your country of Mexico does with people it finds living and working illegally there.

Mexico deports people and bans them from re-entry. So when will you stop being such a hypocrit and demand that your own country stops it's laws, throws open it's borders and immigration to Mexico can be the same free-for-all that you insist it must be here.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:45 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Illegals aren't little babies who don't realize they're breaking the laws.

Just if I go into Mexico ignoring their laws, and I knowingly start working for an income completely ignoring their rules on that, they can round me up, send me back to the USA and ban me from re-entry for 10 whole years.

Obviously that's my choice - I can travel there and play by their rules or I can risk facing the consequences if I decide to break them.

Same applies for people from other countries who decide to break the laws here. They can and should be deported. And barred from re-entry for a period of time, ten years is about right.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Ask yourself what your country of Mexico does with people it finds living and working illegally there.

Mexico deports people and bans them from re-entry. So when will you stop being such a hypocrit and demand that your own country stops it's laws, throws open it's borders and immigration to Mexico can be the same free-for-all that you insist it must be here.
Why do you keep insisting Mexico is my country? I'm seriously starting to question your ability to read. Also your problem-solving skills, because you can't get the past the fact that I'm an American like you(assuming you are an American).
Hypocrite has an e at the end of it. And there's no hypocrisy involved. I can demand whatever I want out of MY country, the United States.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute;8948461I
llegals aren't little babies who don't realize they're breaking the laws.

Just if I go into Mexico ignoring their laws, and I knowingly start working for an income completely ignoring their rules on that, they can round me up, send me back to the USA and ban me from re-entry for 10 whole years.

Obviously that's my choice - I can travel there and play by their rules or I can risk facing the consequences if I decide to break them.

Same applies for people from other countries who decide to break the laws here. They can and should be deported. And barred from re-entry for a period of time, ten years is about right.
Uhh...they are when they're brought here....as little babies... feeling that itch on your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or