U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:50 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What does this really have to do with immigration or illegal immigration for that matter?
Nothing even remotely connected here; you're right. It has to do with the legacy of colonialism, economic disparity, and the fact that we as adults have failed to make school 'interesting' for kids. Also, more sports programs might help.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
the Ave's gang targetted the few blacks in Highland Park. this has been cleaned up and the area has become more gentrified and an influx of white, black and asian folk have moved in.

the 214, 208s and other Harbor gateway gangs targetted blacks. but that went both ways.

Hawaiin Garbage targetted blacks (minimally).

Florence does. but thats just been the case since the 90's. prior to that, the black gangs targetted latinos in the traditionally black areas.

there has been a demographic shift. that has caused "turf" tensions.

these are pockets tho. and this is for LA county, an area that has colse to 10 million residents and 4700 sq. miles.

even if it was 10 different gangs engaging in this type of behaviour it is still limited to maybe 10 to 20 sq miles (spread out)

that does not equal an epidemic.

its blown out of proportion.

ITS A VERY COMPLEX SUBJECT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
As I said.

The membership in latino gangs is not LIMITED to legal residents. There is a considerable population of ILLEGAL ALIENS who are members of these gangs. And it remains to be seen what the final count of illegals to legals will be until they are processed through the system.

And the instance of blacks being targetted in predominantly latino areas of los angeles is VERY WELL DOCUMENTED. There are many articles which have been printed in the LA times, many police reports which deal with this sort of crime. It's not difficult to find infomation about it.

Here are two articles for you to read in case you have forgotten.

Latino leaders' silence is killing blacks - Los Angeles Times

Feds: Latino Gang Targeted Blacks | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com

Old 05-21-2009, 05:52 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Nothing even remotely connected here; you're right. It has to do with the legacy of colonialism, economic disparity, and the fact that we as adults have failed to make school 'interesting' for kids. Also, more sports programs might help.
Headache inducing aren't they?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:54 PM

mass prosecution?

are you talking about gang injunctions?

if so, those are put against a GANG, not the illegals.

thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's your version of the story. That being said, apparently, there's enough ethnic cleansing of blacks at the hands of illegal alien gang banging thugs in California to merit massive prosecution for their crimes.

Changing the topic does not change that REALITY.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 PM

believe all of what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I only have one question? Do you really beleive all that?

I can't remember just when it was that MS-13 joined the YMCA and became "All American" gangsters.

Have you informed the "Girl Scouts" yet?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I only have one question? Do you really beleive all that?

I can't remember just when it was that MS-13 joined the YMCA and became "All American" gangsters.

Have you informed the "Girl Scouts" yet?

hilarious

Old 05-21-2009, 06:38 PM

95 posts, read 111,914 times
This is more an issue of complacency towards gangs than illegal immigration.

The "Varrio Hawaiian Gardens" gang has been operating for 50 years!
Too long for a gang to operate freely, it was about time the police stopped them.

And it seems like the authorities began investigating only when the gang started targeting police officers:

"The investigation into the Varrio Hawaiian Gardens gang began after the fatal shooting of Los Angeles Sheriff's Deputy (LASD) Jerry Ortiz, who was gunned down four years ago by a gang member he was attempting to arrest on suspicion of shooting an African-American man. While the gang member, Jose Orozco, was quickly apprehended and currently sits on death row, the shooting of Deputy Ortiz sparked an investigation that culminated with today's takedown that has dealt a severe blow to the gang that has terrorized Hawaiian Gardens for nearly 50 years."

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-21-2009/0005031209&EDATE=

Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM

Tell it to LA's prosecutors. I'm sure they value yours and the rest of the illegal aliens' opinions.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:42 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
believe all of what?
Are you honestly going to state that the south central LA gangs(MS-13, 18st, Los Locos ect. ect.) #1 aren't targeting blacks in adjacent areas, and #2 are not filled with illegals, thus, making it both an immigration issue and a gang issue.

I haven't been to LA for years, but, I think this (territory takeover by race) started about 2003 did it not? Fill me in, maybe I have it all wrong.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Agreed.. I think Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Jackson will be silent on this issue, which is pathetic!
Off-topic here: the election of President Obama has all but sidelined both Jesse and Al.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or