Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
OK, if you're saying that one is a growing problem and the other isn't, you may have a point. Of course we might disagree about the definition of "growing" and "problem" (i.e. regardless of birthrates, our own "undesireables" are consuming services at a pretty rapid clip these days). But otherwise, are you basically arguing that we support "riffraff" just because they're "our" riffraff?
That's pretty much "it", I'm afraid. WE support OUR riff-raff because NOT supporting them isn't an option under the law. Our riff-raff are 'ours', like it or not.

If YOUR unruly kid damages your house...verbally abuses you..or gets into trouble with the law...that's your legal, and moral, problem. You are responsible for your child, and legally required to 'take the rap' for his actions.

If MY unruly kid damages your house...verbally abuses you..or gets into trouble with the law, while he's visiting you, that is NOT your problem. Your only responsibility in that case is to call ME, send me the bill, and send MY rotten kid home. He's MY responsibility, not yours.

Two kids...mine and yours. One whom you're responsible for; one whom you're not...and that holds true, regardless of whether YOUR kid or MINE is worse; that's of no consequence, and quite beside the point. The point is that you're responsible for your kids, not for the kids of others. The same holds true for citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
OK, if you're saying that one is a growing problem and the other isn't, you may have a point. Of course we might disagree about the definition of "growing" and "problem" (i.e. regardless of birthrates, our own "undesireables" are consuming services at a pretty rapid clip these days). But otherwise, are you basically arguing that we support "riffraff" just because they're "our" riffraff?
Please explain to me how importing more riffraff is a good idea?

Old 05-25-2009, 04:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Better our riffraff over a bunch of illegal aliens AKA criminals by default.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Please explain to me how importing more riffraff is a good idea?
Dunno about the "importing" part, but immigrants (legal or otherwise) are here to work, while "our riffraff", not so much....

Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Dunno about the "importing" part, but immigrants (legal or otherwise) are here to work, while "our riffraff", not so much....
What job is some illegal alien woman who deliberately gets pregnant in order to tap into the US benefit system looking for?

Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Only "our riffraff" seems to include the welfare babies of illegals -- more and more a significant chunk of our welfare loads.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
The other thing to consider -- Americans are being denied jobs. Employers of illegals bring in illegals because they can pay them dirt -- wages that no American can live on, and illegals can only live on because they're living in slum apartments, filthy hovels, homeless camps, sleeping 14 men to a slum apartment floor, living 4-5 families in a 1-family dwelling --- or having babies that bring them welfare handouts.

Prosecute the employers of illegals to the max. Shut them down and let the honest businesses replace them. Get back to jobs training programs for our disadvantaged youth and others, businesses can help develop the workforce they need. Let wages rise to levels that are acceptable.

Keep in mind, we as a society have done nothing for "our riffraff" but build more prisons and welfare programs. Let our riffraff get back to work and become productive again. Let the prisons fill with the employers of illegals.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Only "our riffraff" seems to include the welfare babies of illegals -- more and more a significant chunk of our welfare loads.
I hear 'ya, but don't forget that "our riffraff" can breed pretty well too, and one way or another we also pay for their teen pregnancies, meth and fetal alcohol babies, unpaid child support, foster homes, special ed., domestic violence, you name it.

Doesn't mean I'm trying to condone either side. But just personally, am less concerned about the "illegal problem", than about turning a blind eye at the same time to our own native-born deadbeats who milk the system, without giving anything back, simply because they're "citizens". Meanwhile, they're often the first and the loudest to complain about the cost of "those damn illegals"!

And yet if you could magically eliminate every "illegal" tomorrow, how many of said "deadbeats" do you think would actually be willing to take their place out in those fields?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The other thing to consider -- Americans are being denied jobs. Employers of illegals bring in illegals because they can pay them dirt -- wages that no American can live on, and illegals can only live on because they're living in slum apartments, filthy hovels, homeless camps, sleeping 14 men to a slum apartment floor, living 4-5 families in a 1-family dwelling --- or having babies that bring them welfare handouts.

Prosecute the employers of illegals to the max. Shut them down and let the honest businesses replace them. Get back to jobs training programs for our disadvantaged youth and others, businesses can help develop the workforce they need. Let wages rise to levels that are acceptable.

Keep in mind, we as a society have done nothing for "our riffraff" but build more prisons and welfare programs. Let our riffraff get back to work and become productive again. Let the prisons fill with the employers of illegals.

Awesome Plan.. I absolutely agree... Problem is those Idiots in Washington Dc, are too busy packing their pockets with lobbyist cash to implement such a thing..

Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Do you need to see a pic from the local WIC line? Or do you seriously believe all of those men don't have a wife, or a wife with a batch of kids? Seriously?

They can work under the table and collect social services off the kids.

Take a step into a local ER and give me your summary of what you see in front of you during your seven hour wait.

Here you go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration