U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 PM

807 posts, read 1,116,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
LA Times:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is proposing to completely eliminate the state’s welfare program for families, medical insurance for low-income children and Cal Grants cash assistance to college and university students.

The proposals to sharply scale back the assistance that California provides to its neediest residents came in testimony by the administration this afternoon at a joint legislative budget committee hearing. It followed comments by the governor earlier today that he would be withdrawing a proposal to help balance the budget with billions of dollars of borrowing and replacing it with program reductions.

The proposals would completely reshape the state’s social service network, transforming California from one of the country’s most generous states to one of the most tightfisted. The proposals are intended to help close a budget deficit estimated at $21.3 billion.

Governor plans to completely eliminate welfare for families | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Can you imagine millions of pregnant illegals running back across the border and actually giving birth in Mexico for a change?
I would hope that he would eliminate many of these programs, sadly though the State Legislature, various Unions, and ethnocentric groups will raise all kinds of hell.. I'm betting in a matter of days the DREAM act Supporters will be marching to Sacramento "Don't Cut Education" and "PASS The DREAM ACT Now!" signs, when they SHOULD be at school getting the Education that taxpayer dollars have subsidized..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,089,357 times
Default Cuts

Total elimination of all the benefits and entitlements are not going to happen.The money will somehow be found somewhere,there are too many pressure groups that will work against it.The legislature,the courts,etc.However,some sharp cuts may be forthcoming.If the ballon does go up,as suggested in my worst case scenario,then things could get very ugly.The extremist "Atzlan" and "Reconquista" people will be boiling the pot,saying that it is now time to "take back what was always ours" and punish the 'Gabachos" and get the "Gringos" and simiar drivel.I live in a heavily Hispanic area (Orange County California) and I know the talk on the street,a few of these guys are fanatics and quite dangerous.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:33 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Total elimination of all the benefits and entitlements are not going to happen.The money will somehow be found somewhere,there are too many pressure groups that will work against it.The legislature,the courts,etc.However,some sharp cuts may be forthcoming.If the ballon does go up,as suggested in my worst case scenario,then things could get very ugly.The extremist "Atzlan" and "Reconquista" people will be boiling the pot,saying that it is now time to "take back what was always ours" and punish the 'Gabachos" and get the "Gringos" and simiar drivel.I live in a heavily Hispanic area (Orange County California) and I know the talk on the street,a few of these guys are fanatics and quite dangerous.
28 billion dollars won't just be found under some rock. These cuts are for real this time.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:37 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Suffice to say: said Aztlan types had best watch their manners-----------or, the repercussions will involve the end of Mexico proper.

Basically what Calif needs to do is enact and enforce employer sanctions laws using E-Verify, do away with birthright citizenship, etc. and many of not most of the illegals will leave. The few hardcase holdout can then be dealt with by law enforcement.

The reconquista by Americans is working quite well here in Arizona; I live here in the Phx area and the mostly Hispanic illegals are continuing to bug out as we speak.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are over 20 Billion in the turlet after Tuesday's elections and it appears the coddling of Illegal Aliens and their practice of cluster bombing our Hospitals with babies is coming to a financial screeching halt. You might yet get your birthing for free but all the rest of the freebies are about to be yanked off the table.
Good but we've got to stop giving the birthing free. No illegal should ever ever be given citizenship, no amnesty, nothing if he/she isn't paying his bills.

The freeloaders must be deported.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
The problem is, California, once a rich and prosperous state is now heavily in debt. Joblessness is rising.

What money there is for benefits and entitlements must go to Americans and not foreigners. No illegal should get a dime of what will be decreasing money for government handouts.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:37 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,557,460 times
Someone please forward this thread to Arnold...

Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I would hope that he would eliminate many of these programs, sadly though the State Legislature, various Unions, and ethnocentric groups will raise all kinds of hell.. I'm betting in a matter of days the DREAM act Supporters will be marching to Sacramento "Don't Cut Education" and "PASS The DREAM ACT Now!" signs, when they SHOULD be at school getting the Education that taxpayer dollars have subsidized..
Guess what? The DREAMies have already began that discussion, as if they are any different or better than those of their ilk simply because:

1. They managed to learn some English and the greedy colleges allow them to attend in order to rake in the cash they pay for classes at in-state tution rates;

2. While they drive without a license daily, they only do it drunk on certain occasion;

3. They were innocent children forced into a life of crime by their irresponsible criminal "parents".

4. They didn't become willful, independent criminals until they reached the age of 18.

and #5

They often state that they "are Americans simply because they feel like Americans". So that of course must make it the gospel truth.

Somehow we are supposed to pretend they didn't become willing participants of these schemes at some point in their now adult lives. Said lives that are filled a multitude of criminal acts that they willfully commit daily in order to remain here illegally while lying in wait of amnesty.

Quote:
Pygmalion View Public Profile Send a private message to Pygmalion Find all posts by Pygmalion
05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
cjalvarez91

Re: Financial Aid for Immigrants
Hey Paisa, What's up..

I also tried to get Financial Aid, I'm also under the TPS (useless piece of crap) for College and got denial. Oh well.

That's why I'm pushing for the Dream Act (DA), and hopefully we people under TPS qualified for this, if we meet the other requirements (age requirements, education, and time living in the USA).
http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10872 or how about this one:

Quote:
Re: Avoid Amtrak And Greyhound Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaUrs
I actually took the Amtrak from california to new york and had no problems, i used an ISIC card and my college id. I was never stopped or anything but on my way back in seracuse border patrol was questioning a latino family, and eventually took them off the train.

Just wondering, what's an ISIC card?

I plan on taking a Greyhound bus to Florida soon. I hope there are no problems. There really shouldn't be since Florida is not near the border, but it does have a lot of immigrants. Anyone else take Greyhound recently? What was your experience?
http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7739

What a wonderful, humble bunch of "kids" .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-24-2009 at 11:22 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 11:21 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Guess what? The DREAMies have already began that discussion, as if they are any different or better than those of their ilk simply because:

1. They managed to learn some English and the greedy colleges allow them to attend in order to rake in the cash they pay for classes at in-state tution rates;

2. While they drive without a license daily, they only do it drunk on certain occasion;

3. They were innocent children forced into a life of crime by their irresponsible criminal "parents".

4. They didn't become willful, independent criminals until they reached the age of 18.

and #5

They often state that they "are Americans simply because they feel like Americans". So that of course must make it the gospel truth.

Somehow we are supposed to pretend they didn't become willing participants of these schemes at some point in their now adult lives filled. Said lives that are filled a multitude of criminal acts that they willfully commit daily in order to remain here illegally while lying in wait of amnesty.

Financial Aid for Immigrants - DREAM Act Portal Forums or how about this one:

Avoid Amtrak And Greyhound - DREAM Act Portal Forums

What a wonderful, humble bunch of "kids" .

Their sense of entitlement is Absolutely Disgusting!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:25 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Their sense of entitlement is Absolutely Disgusting!!!

There arrogance and lawless behavior is simply breathtaking, isn't it? Just think these are the same criminals that Dick Durbin sponsored and Obama co-sponsored in their numerous failed attempts at passage of the DREAMAct.

Just the thought that America's children may have to suffer in the future because too many parents are asleep at the wheel of the vehicle known as the illegal alien invasion, is enough to make the baby Jesus weep.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-24-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or