U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I hear 'ya, but don't forget that "our riffraff" can breed pretty well too, and one way or another we also pay for their teen pregnancies, meth and fetal alcohol babies, unpaid child support, foster homes, special ed., domestic violence, you name it.

Doesn't mean I'm trying to condone either side. But just personally, am less concerned about the "illegal problem", than about turning a blind eye at the same time to our own native-born deadbeats who milk the system, without giving anything back, simply because they're "citizens". Meanwhile, they're often the first and the loudest to complain about the cost of "those damn illegals"!

And yet if you could magically eliminate every "illegal" tomorrow, how many of said "deadbeats" do you think would actually be willing to take their place out in those fields?
As far as agricultural workers, there are about 1.2 million total jobs in agriculture and that includes forestry and fishing and logging jobs.

Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing

Many agricultural workers are not here illegally -- possibly up to 25% are illegals in spite of all the amnesties given for agricultural workers since the 1980. Many farm workers have green cards or H2A visas and are abiding by the laws. You can't always assume that guy up on the tractor is an illegal, and not all the field workers are.

There are already ways in place for agricultural workers to come here:

H2A Visa H2A Agriculture Visa

H2B visa

The H2A visa allows for employers to bring in whatever number of foreign workers they need for seasonal work - but there are a couple of requirements, and that includes trying to recruit Americans first and legal pay. There are no limitations for numbers and it's not limited to farm workers.

I think it's past time to start cutting handouts to our own domestic deadbeats. It's time for employers to recruit in our inner cities and work with disadvantaged youth of all races to get them into jobs and avoid prisons and welfare. The problem right now is that employers can bring in truckloads of illegals and pay them very little, while the welfare life pays much better. There are no recruiters going into areas of high unemployment and many of these people wouldn't be hired if they wanted to be simply because the employer would then be required to abide by labor and wage laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 07:16 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you need to see a pic from the local WIC line? Or do you seriously believe all of those men don't have a wife, or a wife with a batch of kids? Seriously?

They can work under the table and collect social services off the kids.

Take a step into a local ER and give me your summary of what you see in front of you during your seven hour wait.

Here you go
That's the problem. A whole lot of illegals are not here to work hard at all. Only some are. Some are in between, the males might work for cash to supplement the welfare handouts their women are receiving.

The areas with large numbers of illegals also have very high welfare rates and there's a reason welfare social workers must now speak Spanish.

The problem with the wages given to illegals is that no one can live off those incomes in this country with the high cost of living we have. It's difficult for Americans who know the language and have roots here to support a family when they have only a high school education, and more and more it's difficult for college graduates to meet the bills. Most of these people moving in have very little education and what education they have was in a foreign language. They do use WIC, Medicaid, food stamps, housing assistance and they do tend to have very large families.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:26 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I hear 'ya, but don't forget that "our riffraff" can breed pretty well too, and one way or another we also pay for their teen pregnancies, meth and fetal alcohol babies, unpaid child support, foster homes, special ed., domestic violence, you name it.

Doesn't mean I'm trying to condone either side. But just personally, am less concerned about the "illegal problem", than about turning a blind eye at the same time to our own native-born deadbeats who milk the system, without giving anything back, simply because they're "citizens". Meanwhile, they're often the first and the loudest to complain about the cost of "those damn illegals"!

And yet if you could magically eliminate every "illegal" tomorrow, how many of said "deadbeats" do you think would actually be willing to take their place out in those fields?
Welfare has a time limit, in this recession we might all be surprised how many people will be willing to work the fields. Besides, without Illegals to undercut labor the farms would be forced to pay a living wage.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM

4,089 posts, read 4,597,255 times
As a native CA'er who still owns a business and property in CA, I sympathize. The best you can do is vote them out. Get involved. Start small. Elect conservative candidates at the local level.

Write your Congressman. Forget about your Senators - it is too late for them. Oppose all new taxes. Attend every council or town meeting you can and blast their liberal proposals. They do it because they can get away with it. Only through Democracy in action will CA ever return to the United States.

If you are really rich, move. Keep a small house in CA and move to WA, TX, or FL for half the year. Send a copy of your tax return to your representative and tell them "do not count on my dollars anymore". Tell them why.

In a couple of years, CA will be really broke. They are now, but they can still raise enough cash to squeak by. Within two years, they will be bankrupt. At that time, be prepared to really get involved. Either that, or be prepared for them to turn the whole thing over.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM

291 posts, read 353,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And in all fairness: quite a few American 'Hispanics' will side against the illegals----------including quite a few Old School Cholos.
The thing I see is a considerable incorporation of legals helping illegals to pay the legals ways combined with the other entitlements they can get
a very nice income with little paper work. I see this across the street
finally after many complaints they stopped the clown house activities.
but still the trash is strewn around. now they got the NOD so we hope
they'll be gone soon. my neighbors are good people but many are older and somewhat afraid to get to involved in fear of retaliation.
Slowly but surely we can take back out neighborhoods so that the blight
and crime are gone again. one by one we can rid ourselfs of the undue
burndens of mexico.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,269,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem right now is that employers can bring in truckloads of illegals and pay them very little, while the welfare life pays much better....
Agreed! BTW, being retired, I do alot of volunteer work for local social services. And speaking from personal experience, my "clientele", at least around this area that's heavily agricultural, is pretty solidly "native-born anglo". And yet all those folks I see working out in the nearby fields around here sure ain't that....

Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,466,057 times
The southwest and Cali are used as incubators for the illegal's 'foot in the door', only their foot comes with ten toes. I guess they incubate TWO feet in the door. More solid that way.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
The southwest and Cali are used as incubators for the illegal's 'foot in the door', only their foot comes with ten toes. I guess they incubate TWO feet in the door. More solid that way.
Not so much here in Arizona anymore................

I live here in the Phx area and have seen the mostly Latino illegal aliens scatter in the last 18 months

Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM

376 posts, read 611,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Awesome Plan.. I absolutely agree... Problem is those Idiots in Washington Dc, are too busy packing their pockets with lobbyist cash to implement such a thing..
Exactly, I agree with you 100%!

But, after the wining and dining that goes on in D.C. however, The Lobbyist whispers into the politician’s ears and reminds him or her that, China, India and other developing countries economies, are developing at a higher percentage rate then the U.S. because of the likely use of slave labor. They tell them, “in order for the U.S. to compete against these merging strong economies, they must have there own versions of slave labor.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or