Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 09:12 AM

72 posts, read 223,701 times

Advertisements

Since the El Tequila Salsa Restaurant hires illegal aliens and one of their illegal employees murdered a beautiful 18 year old lady... Would you still give them your business?

Remember it is against our laws to hire illegal aliens.

Below is part of what the newspaper wrote.
Schneller suffered multiple stab wounds to her head, chest and neck in an attack in her bedroom, where her fiance's brother found her body lying on the floor, according to the criminal complaint.By Jeff Starck • For the Journal • May 13, 2009

God Bless the victims family... My prayers are with you and yours.

[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM

807 posts, read 1,298,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helplessinfl View Post
Since the El Tequila Salsa Restaurant hires illegal aliens and one of their illegal employees murdered a beautiful 18 year old lady... Would you still give them your business?

Schneller suffered multiple stab wounds to her head, chest and neck in an attack in her bedroom, where her fiance's brother found her body lying on the floor, according to the criminal complaint.By Jeff Starck • For the Journal • May 13, 2009

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Don't live in Wiscounsin but when I find out that a company or business ONLY hires Illegal Aliens I will avoid doing business with them at ALL COSTS, even if it means paying more for my product.. In many cases, there are restaurants that do this in California, which is why I normally just make food at home and don't go out to eat..

Old 07-05-2009, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,629 times
Default Employment

I was just wondering how you know whether or not he worked at el tequila salsa, I enjoyed their food very much, and before I jump to any conclusions, I just was to make sure and have some verifications as to their hiring practices before I discontinue eating there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helplessinfl View Post

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Rockwell][SIZE=3][/FONT][FONT=Rockwell][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 AM

72 posts, read 223,701 times
It was in the newspaper article which I tried to put into this original post but I can never get them to post properly.

I am sure you can google and find out this fact...

Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 AM

804 posts, read 1,355,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Don't live in Wiscounsin but when I find out that a company or business ONLY hires Illegal Aliens I will avoid doing business with them at ALL COSTS, even if it means paying more for my product.. In many cases, there are restaurants that do this in California, which is why I normally just make food at home and don't go out to eat..

What if they have 1 employee who is legally here?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM

706 posts, read 937,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle_nin View Post
I was just wondering how you know whether or not he worked at el tequila salsa, I enjoyed their food very much, and before I jump to any conclusions, I just was to make sure and have some verifications as to their hiring practices before I discontinue eating there.
Here You Go !

Raul Ponce-Rocha was charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the slaying May 2 of 18-year-old Breanna Schneller. Police said he denied involvement.
Marathon County Assistant District Attorney Theresa Merriwether said Ponce-Rocha, an illegal immigrant being held in Dodge County by federal immigration authorities, is expected to make his first court appearance Wednesday.

El Tequila Salsa owner Rogelio Romano said Ponce-Rocha had worked at the restaurant since it opened in September and was at work the day Schneller was killed.

22-year-old man held in teen slaying : La Crosse Tribune (http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2009/05/12/newsupdate/15teenkilled.txt - broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 10:21 AM

804 posts, read 1,355,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Here You Go !

Raul Ponce-Rocha was charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the slaying May 2 of 18-year-old Breanna Schneller. Police said he denied involvement.
Marathon County Assistant District Attorney Theresa Merriwether said Ponce-Rocha, an illegal immigrant being held in Dodge County by federal immigration authorities, is expected to make his first court appearance Wednesday.

El Tequila Salsa owner Rogelio Romano said Ponce-Rocha had worked at the restaurant since it opened in September and was at work the day Schneller was killed.

22-year-old man held in teen slaying : La Crosse Tribune (http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2009/05/12/newsupdate/15teenkilled.txt - broken link)

He has not been convicted yet.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 AM

706 posts, read 937,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
He has not been convicted yet.

I never said he was. I simply provided an answer to a question that was asked (and a link)

I understand the necessity of "due process"

Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,030,538 times
First of all, it's hard to tell if a business hires illegals by simply looking at the people. Sometimes you don't find out until it's in the news but even then, the news is so bias that the info may be incorrect like it happened to a close friend of my family who's picture was in the newspaper as a criminal illegal alien but the wrong name. When my friend confronted the newspaper and asked for a correction and apology, the newspaper refused. They are still dealing with it in the courts.

I have been to French restaurants, Indian cusine and other restaurants that hire illegal immigrants.

I think the question is: will you stop eating out because you may end up eating at a restaurant that hires illegal immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration