U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 12:31 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,104,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
You have to understand, nearly 60% of Mexico believes that the southwest of the U.S. belongs to them anyway. They are just reconquering what the large majority believes is theirs. They are fixing it up, by trying to be squatters in a really nice loft apartment directly above Mexico's disastrous fiesta...
The "reconquista" and "Atzlan" thinkers need to do some hard historical research.They have about as much right to the US Southwest as the Netherlands have to New York City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 02:53 PM

470 posts, read 508,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
The "reconquista" and "Atzlan" thinkers need to do some hard historical research.They have about as much right to the US Southwest as the Netherlands have to New York City.
I agree, but at what point do we take this passive conquest as an outright act of war. I'm not necessarily saying that we need to take up arms and start killing, but this IS an invasion. Just with out the guns and a declaration. I mean Mexico prints propaganda to HELP peole come here illegaly.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:57 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Quote:
I agree, but at what point do we take this passive conquest as an outright act of war. I'm not necessarily saying that we need to take up arms and start killing, but this IS an invasion. Just with out the guns and a declaration. I mean Mexico prints propaganda to HELP peole come here illegaly.
Technically, we are at war for this country's life.

The troops: Millions of poverty stricken illegal aliens masquerading as "poor down trodden people here simply looking for a better life". While in reality they are here: raping, pillaging, destroying, and demanding for free all that America has to offer at the taxpayer's expense.

We didn't hear the first shot being fired because the gun being used had a silencer: The La Raza crowd playing the race card.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Is it just me or do these statements contradict each other?

Democrat senator Max Baucus today in a session with reporters told that his plans will not offer health insurance coverage for undocumented immigrants because it's "too politically explosive."

And then, in the same paragraph:

We find it unfair to deprive undocumented immigrants from health insurance proposed reform plan while we are quick to use their low cost services throughout the nation.

This is one poorly written article and is littered with inconsistent statements and misspellings.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
You have to understand, nearly 60% of Mexico believes that the southwest of the U.S. belongs to them anyway. They are just reconquering what the large majority believes is theirs. They are fixing it up, by trying to be squatters in a really nice loft apartment directly above Mexico's disastrous fiesta...
Those fools (Mexican nationals) need to give up that delusional thought----------especially factoring in they stole the land that belonged to Spain one generation prior.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

Democrat senator Max Baucus today in a session with reporters told that his plans will not offer health insurance coverage for undocumented immigrants because it's "too politically explosive."

We find it unfair to deprive undocumented immigrants from health insurance proposed reform plan while we are quick to use their low cost services throughout the nation.

This is one poorly written article and is littered with inconsistent statements and misspellings.
Or he's trying to be a typical politician -- pandering to La Raza (The Race) with the statement that he believes it's "unfair" to deprive border crashers free health care here but recognizes that the American people are becoming very angry over these handouts right and left to anyone who decides to break the laws of this country.

If he wants to be fair and pander, he could say that the employers of illegals will be billed for any medical care used by their illegals, they are the people using their low cost services and so they should pay for them.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:38 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
As I have opined many times in the past: hindsight being 20/20; the USA should have taken all of Mexico back in 1848--------------what stopped that from occurring was many US Southerners did not want a sizeable Indian/Mestizo population.

That is correct: racism protected what is today's Mexico from becoming another de facto Louisiana Purchase.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:

No it's not you. It's the usual political double speak. The politicians have been pandering to the corporate masters and ethnocentric racists and playing both sides of the fence for so long until they forget who they are supposed to represent vs. which side of the issue they're on.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Talk about double-speak! In the same freaking paragraph!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Talk about double-speak! In the same freaking paragraph!
It doesn't exactly give you much hope for the future of America does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or