U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support an Illegal Immigrant Report Hotline?
Absolutely 54 80.60%
No way! 11 16.42%
Not sure 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I didn't have much luck with that number. I called it several times when I was having some trouble with a house across from one of mine. Overcrowding, loud music, junk cars, partying in the street, litter - even a fight one night with two large groups. There were some cars there with Mexico license plates for over a year.

Finally they moved out and the property is vacant and for sale.

It's so weird how my tolerance for illegals has increased since then! Now I see why those who are not personally affected are so blase'.
I guess ICE would actually have to respond to citizen complaints if they answered the phone. Yet, they canít understand why we are fed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 PM

411 posts, read 402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
sort of strange to have a hot line and to have packs of BP on bikes looking for illegals at welfare and downtown. i mean whenever i pass home depot there are 20 to 30 at each entrance. how hard are we looking guys.

I have never seen one with a sign saying "I am an undocumented"...

Old 10-23-2009, 06:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Of course not because they are illegal aliens not "undocumented". At any rate who do you think these people are hanging out at Home Depot begging for work?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
I hope they start hitting the employers of illegals hard. Very hard. The government needs money, what better place to find it? No one will mind at all if the bank accounts of the employers of illegals are confiscated and these criminal businesses are shut down.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:08 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
So? It's obvious that there are ways to determine who has no business being in this country and there must be a certain look because check out the outrage the Aztlaners had for a certain Halloween costume. If illegals don't look a certain way, why would they think the costume is offensive?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:18 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
I have never seen a bank robber with a sign saying 'I am a bank robber' either.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So? It's obvious that there are ways to determine who has no business being in this country and there must be a certain look because check out the outrage the Aztlaners had for a certain Halloween costume. If illegals don't look a certain way,
Quote:
why would they think the costume is offensive?
guilty concience...............

Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 PM

23 posts, read 57,056 times
HELL NO!!! NO government agency gives a sh-t about the public. I have worked for them for years. Most politicians don't give a dayum about the public. Once u elect them all they do is collect a paycheck and disconnet their phones (unless you're a bigwig) so they don't have to deal with you. I will bet you dollars to donuts that if these hotlines existed you will never be able to get through because they will be grossly understaffed and/or staffed with complete idiots who don't know crap.

Like I said I am a l-o-o-n-g time government employee for the state of California. Government employees in the state of Cali are the laziest and dumbest on planet earth. Of course in all fairness, we don't have much to work with because most of the residents of California are either certified kooks or meth users who call into the office completely incoherent and making no sense. So it's no wonder that burned-out government employees don't give a dayum. When you have to deal with a million or so incoherent loons a day, it starts to wear u down. There are a FEW dedicated public servants like myself who will go out of their way to get the job done but even that is difficult because my superiors always have their "do not disturb" signs on their doors. They just don't care. U can call all you want to but all you will get is their voicemail or a dumb arse on the other end of the line who is half dead. California's politicians and government employees plus the cracked out, methed out citizenry are the MAIN reason the state is in the crapper

Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 993 times
I want to report the wife of my ex who brought her over from Brazil to US and she only married him for the green card and she is geting food stamps I bilieve so how do I go about ?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,829,945 times
One question: Will this hotline link to a call center in India staffed by people who can't speak English worth a damn anyhow? (Hey, it works for all the banks and tech companies...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or