U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-23-2009, 10:13 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Those Mexicans currently residing in the United States who have no intention of naturalizing are people living in two societies simultaneously, and their preference for remaining in one or the other seems based entirely on immediate economic conditions and practical considerations about being able to cross and re-cross the border. They are not "immigrants" but any definition; they are not even "illegal immigrants." In fact, if it had not been politicized as a euphemism for illegal aliens, the term "undocumented workers" – without the connotation that such a person should be legalized – might be the most accurate. It is the closest equivalent to transnational migrant workers presently living in a country not their own.

Those who support "comprehensive immigration reform" and wish to provide a pathway to citizenship to these individuals can judge for themselves their lack of attachment to the United States. The fact that their primary cultural and political loyalty is to Mexico has already been established by the fact that U.S. Mexican residents have a very low level of naturalization; it is approximately 17%.
Why would any society choose to undergo a vast demographic transformation – potentially an economic, social, political, and environmental catastrophe – for the sake of a group whose feelings for the U.S., even after having lived here, are, to put it in the kindliest way, so casual as to be indifferent.


» Stephen Steinlight's blog
An Immigration Debate Without Immigrants? | Center for Immigration Studies

From the website of The Center for Immigration Studies
Center for Immigration Studies


Why indeed?

Long but excellent read that touches on the core negatives of this invasion.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-23-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2009, 10:48 AM
 
Location: So. of Rosarito, Baja, Mexico
6,571 posts, read 17,979,836 times
Reputation: 5929
Very good post of INFORMATION as to the reality of Immigration (legal or illegal).

The article shows in reality the indifferences of the "Mexicans" when residing in the US regardless how they came across the border.

The problem I have is with the "Dual Citizenship" allowed.

You cannot walk in the center of line and choose to fall over to one side or the other on a WHIM.

It is either YES or NO not as MAYBE.

Mexicans are just that "Mexicans" for life and their citizenship is for life...no matter where they reside.

Allegiance is only a word that refers to their home birth country...not for their new home in the US.

Info for some....To become a Mexican Citizen...a person must be able to READ...WRITE...SPEAK Spanish besides other requirements to become a LEGAL MEXICAN CITIZEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Very good post of INFORMATION as to the reality of Immigration (legal or illegal).

The article shows in reality the indifferences of the "Mexicans" when residing in the US regardless how they came across the border.

The problem I have is with the "Dual Citizenship" allowed.

You cannot walk in the center of line and choose to fall over to one side or the other on a WHIM.

It is either YES or NO not as MAYBE.

Mexicans are just that "Mexicans" for life and their citizenship is for life...no matter where they reside.

Allegiance is only a word that refers to their home birth country...not for their new home in the US.

Info for some....To become a Mexican Citizen...a person must be able to READ...WRITE...SPEAK Spanish besides other requirements to become a LEGAL MEXICAN CITIZEN.
Agreed. The majority of those here illegally have indeed made it clear that their first loyalty lies with mexico. They don't want to be Americans, they simply want what Americans have and mexico lacks.

I am old enough to remember when speaking English was a must prior to being legalized. Somewhere along the way it seems to have become optional. Dual citizenship and the anchor baby abuse should be abolished yesterday.

If nothing else this invasion continues to confirm that you can't ride 2 donkeys with 1 ass.

Great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Reputation: 22168
I think one solution is to realize that there is such thing as an H2B visa:

H2B visa

There are few restrictions, no caps on this visa. It allows for temporary workers but only after the employer shows he tried to recruit Americans. There's an H4 visa that allows the H2B visa worker to bring in immediate family to stay while he is here working. The employer has to pay legal wages.

This visa allows these people to maintain their ties with their country. It's a perfect way for those who claim they only want to come here to work, to do just that. The employers can legally have their fill with foreign workers -- and many do. The others simply have other reasons for choosing to break the laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think one solution is to realize that there is such thing as an H2B visa:

H2B visa

There are few restrictions, no caps on this visa. It allows for temporary workers but only after the employer shows he tried to recruit Americans. There's an H4 visa that allows the H2B visa worker to bring in immediate family to stay while he is here working. The employer has to pay legal wages.

This visa allows these people to maintain their ties with their country. It's a perfect way for those who claim they only want to come here to work, to do just that. The employers can legally have their fill with foreign workers -- and many do. The others simply have other reasons for choosing to break the laws.
There is a multitude of similar visas in this country. The unscrupulous employers simply want more in order to corner the market of cheap "legal" labor.

If America would simply return to the original premise for legal immigration and enforced all laws against illegal immigration, the continued attempts at the hostile take over (via racist blackmail) of this country would cease to exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Reputation: 22168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There is a multitude of similar visas in this country. The unscrupulous employers simply want more in order to corner the market of cheap "legal" labor.

If America would simply return to the original premise for legal immigration and enforced all laws against illegal immigration, the continued attempts at the hostile take over (via racist blackmail) of this country would cease to exist.
You are right. There are many visas to fit every real need. Our legal immigration and temporary worker programs are bringing us more than plenty of legal immigrants and legal temporary workers. Those like the H2B visa have no caps so if someone isn't utilizing that, it's because they've chosen not to because they don't want to recruit Americans first or don't want to pay the legal wages.

There is nothing stopping current illegals who have no criminal record from going home and starting over the right way. They already can get in line with everyone else that is trying to come here legally.

All that is required to solve the problem is enforce the existing laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are right. There are many visas to fit every real need. Our legal immigration and temporary worker programs are bringing us more than plenty of legal immigrants and legal temporary workers. Those like the H2B visa have no caps so if someone isn't utilizing that, it's because they've chosen not to because they don't want to recruit Americans first or don't want to pay the legal wages.

There is nothing stopping current illegals who have no criminal record from going home and starting over the right way. They already can get in line with everyone else that is trying to come here legally.

All that is required to solve the problem is enforce the existing laws.
Agreed. The majority of illegals from SOB lack education and thus do not qualify to legally enter and work in the US. The construction industry is the perfect example of that, which is why many of the homes that they built during the housing boom have been declared shoddy and uninhabitable construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,175,750 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are right. There are many visas to fit every real need. Our legal immigration and temporary worker programs are bringing us more than plenty of legal immigrants and legal temporary workers. Those like the H2B visa have no caps so if someone isn't utilizing that, it's because they've chosen not to because they don't want to recruit Americans first or don't want to pay the legal wages.

There is nothing stopping current illegals who have no criminal record from going home and starting over the right way. They already can get in line with everyone else that is trying to come here legally.

All that is required to solve the problem is enforce the existing laws.

There is a 10 year penalty for people who has been in the U.S. illegally before they can apply for re-entry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Texas
470 posts, read 508,545 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
There is a 10 year penalty for people who has been in the U.S. illegally before they can apply for re-entry.

If they get CAUGHT here. Then they attempt reentry. They should be banned for the rest of their natural life, but whatever. They can however sneak back to Mexico undetected and then attempt to come here legally.

Its horse crap either way, but that is what they meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,175,750 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
If they get CAUGHT here. Then they attempt reentry. They should be banned for the rest of their natural life, but whatever. They can however sneak back to Mexico undetected and then attempt to come here legally.

Its horse crap either way, but that is what they meant.
The penalty is for staying here illegally for over 6months ( or a year?) with diminished penalties for shorter periods of stay. This is if you overstay your visa, cross the border, or swim around it.

The highlighted area would be suggesting to lie on your immigration interview and papers, when they ask you if you have been in the U.S. I have actually known this to happen, not quite how you say it, but some people sending back their passports so they get the re-entry stamp to their country while in the U.S. Since they have that stamp, they can prove ( with fake stamps ) that they left when supposed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top