U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens?
Yes, let's roll out the red carpet 18 16.82%
No, get them back to Mexico ASAP! 89 83.18%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,911,256 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Not the best analogy when talking about Hispanics, that is racism.
How so? Did anyone say or infer that hispanics are = to roaches? No
But lets look at the situation.
Do we invite roaches into our homes? No
Do roaches then begin to breed once in your home? Yes
Do roaches numbers reach the millions? Yes across America they do.
Do roaches bring disease with them? Yes they do.
The fact is I don't feel hispanics = roaches but one can not deny simular behaviors between roaches and illegals.
What analogy would you prefer? Weeds in a garden? Or lets see Oh I know. I know what you would like. Here goes.
I was digging in my yard for my sewer pipe but uncovered an infestation of gold and diamonds. How can I get rid of these darn things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,832,685 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No you are racists because you insist on pointing out the fact that most illegals are hispanic and most of them are Mexicans. Using facts to support your argument is now racist according to the PC crowd. Come on Benicar I thought you were up to date on this stuff.
Please refer to tinmans PC handbook page 1132. Here I will quote it for you.
Page 1132 sect 12 paragragh 87
It is now considered racist to use facts no matter how accurate to demonstrate a point in regards to illegal aliens who are also of Mexican citizens. We now ignore facts and refer to all illegals as model citizens.
Silly me. I keep forgetting the new PC rules. Plus, itís my fault I didnít take time to read all of the pages in the new manual. Thanks for the reminder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,911,256 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Silly me. I keep forgetting the new PC rules. Plus, itís my fault I didnít take time to read all of the pages in the new manual. Thanks for the reminder.
Check out page 76. I screwed up and forgot that page.
It says when making analogies in regards to illegals especially those who are mexican refrain from using anything but gold, diamonds or lottery winnings. To do so is racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,087,175 times
Reputation: 2244
it makes an argument stronger when you can focus on the issue of being here illegally and not the persons race or ethnicity.

where i live a lot of crime is perpetuated by black folk. they are criminals. you mentioning mexicans is the same as me saying...

"those black criminals." or "those black rapists" or "those black pedophiles"

no need to inject race or ethnicity. a criminal is a criminal. an illegal is an illegal.

simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Check out page 76. I screwed up and forgot that page.
It says when making analogies in regards to illegals especially those who are mexican refrain from using anything but gold, diamonds or lottery winnings. To do so is racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,907 posts, read 30,151,453 times
Reputation: 17731
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it makes an argument stronger when you can focus on the issue of being here illegally and not the persons race or ethnicity.

where i live a lot of crime is perpetuated by black folk. they are criminals. you mentioning mexicans is the same as me saying...

"those black criminals." or "those black rapists" or "those black pedophiles"

no need to inject race or ethnicity. a criminal is a criminal. an illegal is an illegal.

simple as that.
Aren't most Illegal Immigrants Mexicans? You can understand why people refer as such. They aren't talking about Hispanic/Latino Americans. What's the problem here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
13,157 posts, read 9,240,620 times
Reputation: 9054
Though it's not often raised, there is an underlying issue that must be considered. And "illegal immigration" is often improperly argued.
A better questionnaire:
[1] Does any person have the right (or privilege) to violate another nation's borders?
Yes / no?
[2] When in violation of another nation's border, does that person have the right (or privilege) to access charity (benefits) from the public treasury, paid by other taxpayers?
Yes/ no?
[3] If said person accesses any benefit, money or advantage, while in violation of another nation's border, should they be punished as criminal trespassers and thieves?
Yes / no?
[4] If said person accepts employment from an American employer, while in violation, should that employer be criminally punished?
Yes / no?
[5] If said person deliberately injures the person or property of an American national, while in violation of America's borders, should they be executed?
Yes / no?

There is a biological battle ongoing. The winners are the descendants of the current generation. The prize is the land, itself. Any population that grows so fast that it cannot support itself on its own native soil, will migrate to another. If that other location is already occupied, the immigrants may be allowed or prevented from entering.

Though many supporters of non-citizen / non-native people hiding in America assert that all they want is a "better life", few ask the harder question: "at what cost to OUR OWN CHILDREN'S CHILDREN?"

If you don't think that "illegal immigration" has lasting affects on the identity of the posterity, ask the American Indians about their experience with European "illegals" starting in the 15th century.

"To the winner, belongs the soil...."
(misquoting)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Though it's not often raised, there is an underlying issue that must be considered. And "illegal immigration" is often improperly argued.
A better questionnaire:
[1] Does any person have the right (or privilege) to violate another nation's borders?
Yes / no?
[2] When in violation of another nation's border, does that person have the right (or privilege) to access charity (benefits) from the public treasury, paid by other taxpayers?
Yes/ no?
[3] If said person accesses any benefit, money or advantage, while in violation of another nation's border, should they be punished as criminal trespassers and thieves?
Yes / no?
[4] If said person accepts employment from an American employer, while in violation, should that employer be criminally punished?
Yes / no?
[5] If said person deliberately injures the person or property of an American national, while in violation of America's borders, should they be executed?
Yes / no?

There is a biological battle ongoing. The winners are the descendants of the current generation. The prize is the land, itself. Any population that grows so fast that it cannot support itself on its own native soil, will migrate to another. If that other location is already occupied, the immigrants may be allowed or prevented from entering.

Though many supporters of non-citizen / non-native people hiding in America assert that all they want is a "better life", few ask the harder question: "at what cost to OUR OWN CHILDREN'S CHILDREN?"

If you don't think that "illegal immigration" has lasting affects on the identity of the posterity, ask the American Indians about their experience with European "illegals" starting in the 15th century.

"To the winner, belongs the soil...."
(misquoting)
What I bolded needs to serve as a warning.

It took too long but at least our American Indians have the same rights as any other US citizen (at least those who do not live on the Rez's).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,911,256 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it makes an argument stronger when you can focus on the issue of being here illegally and not the persons race or ethnicity.

where i live a lot of crime is perpetuated by black folk. they are criminals. you mentioning mexicans is the same as me saying...

"those black criminals." or "those black rapists" or "those black pedophiles"

no need to inject race or ethnicity. a criminal is a criminal. an illegal is an illegal.

simple as that.
I was actually making fun of being called a racist for what was said in a previous post. Although I did not compare illegals to bugs I was called a racist for using an analogy with bugs in it. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,788,921 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it makes an argument stronger when you can focus on the issue of being here illegally and not the persons race or ethnicity.
And, as the OP, I should have worded the poll choices differently. I recognize that. But there's no hiding the fact that the vast majority of these parasites are, in fact, from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
 
569 posts, read 1,467,631 times
Reputation: 220
Illegals are criminals, selfish, looking for handouts, and destroying the American culture. They do not have the work ethic like generations ago. Never mind amnesty and free medical care and welfare, etc. They should get nothing and go back the same way they came. Yes, most of the illegals (and you know where they are mainly from) are parasites like the poster above has stated. They are bringing disease and their criminal ways with them. No thanks. Put up a fence and barrier like the Berlin Wall and treat them like the Germans would. And they did not pay to send the violators back alive either. You know what happened to them. Ciao...buh bye...adios amigos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top