U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens?
Yes, let's roll out the red carpet 18 16.82%
No, get them back to Mexico ASAP! 89 83.18%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 05:30 PM

3,138 posts, read 3,960,317 times

Advertisements

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Not when my tenant from Australia, married to a doctor, and with two kids by him, was nearly deported on some absurd technicality ('authorities' pretended to not believe theirs was a 'real' marriage...despite the kids). She had an advanced degree, and later inherited millions from her parents.....money that came INTO our economy. And not when our friends cannot have their Swedish and French Aupair girls two summers in a row, because the 'authorities' are afraid they will marry Americans. And not while immigrant labor is being used to destroy the wage structure for working-class Americans. Americans are more than willing to do 'the jobs Americans will not do'.

And did I mention the tens of billions of dollars that are sent OUT of America by Illegals...to their families abroad? Think back to college Macroeconomics, and consider the MULTIPLIER EFFECT of those millions of remittances. When they become legal, those people will still be sending remittances to their families. America has already run out of money, and is deeply in dept. Sending an extra twenty billion a year out of the country is far more than we can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 12:58 AM

4,277 posts, read 7,893,105 times
So the question is "Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens? "

The only justifiable response is to say "What is 'amnesty'?"

People may give different answers, so we have to determine exactly what that means before making a decision about it.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
So the question is "Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens? "

The only justifiable response is to say "What is 'amnesty'?"

People may give different answers, so we have to determine exactly what that means before making a decision about it.
To me the definition of 'amnesty' is cut and dried: the legalization of a bunch of criminals AKA illegal aliens who should be deported and have their assets seized instead.

And said illegals are indeed criminals factoring in false SSN's, non reporting of income, etc.-------------such crimes which would land my American ass in jail.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 PM

4,277 posts, read 7,893,105 times
The idea of granting pardons to illegal immigration, allowing them to get permanent visas or citizenships, could come with parameters, such like "anyone who is proven to have used false SSNs while working and/or did not report income is not eligible" - something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To me the definition of 'amnesty' is cut and dried: the legalization of a bunch of criminals AKA illegal aliens who should be deported and have their assets seized instead.

And said illegals are indeed criminals factoring in false SSN's, non reporting of income, etc.-------------such crimes which would land my American ass in jail.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,350,561 times
Default Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The question is simple enough.
So's my answer. Only if they come from another galaxy!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:04 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
*I do not support thieves being allowed to "keep" their stolen goods...'as long as they PROMISE to put it to good use'....

*I do not support drunk drivers being 'forgiven'..."as long as they are sober the next morning"...

*I do not support people who practice medicine without a license, "as long as they TRIED to help the patient"....

*I do not support shoplifters being 'allowed' to steal merhandise, "as long as they REALLY NEED the items"....

*and I do not support amnesty for illegal aliens...even if they're 'nice' people....even if they were 'lured' here....and even if they 'needed' to come here.

Why don't I support ANY of these people? Because our system here (in the US) is basically a system of LAWS....the vast majority of which are FAIR laws, and REASONABLE laws...and if our system of LAW should fail....or become irrelevant...eventually, our whole system would collapse....probably to be replaced by a LESS FAIR system. That's why I don't support 'those who habitually break the law'..and that is what ALL these (above) groups are doing....eroding our laws. And if our laws are to be obeyed only when we FEEL like obeying them, it won't be long before we get harsher, more restrictive ones....that we'll HAVE to obey. And I don't want that. I'd prefer a society in which the law is obeyed more-or-less voluntarily. If you can't immigrate here LEGALLY, then go elsewhere, or fix the system at home...Don't come here and erode OUR system by living illegally. That hurts all of us.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:21 PM

11 posts, read 14,613 times
No, What you do is crack down and make a big show of deporting the illegals like they did in the 20' 30's 40's and 50's and what happens is they get scared and start to go home before they get deported......They also need to deport like they used to in the old days, drop them at the southernmost border of mexico to discourage running right back into America.
Any one who is here illegally despite WHAT COUNTRY they are from need to be deported and the transport bill sent to the country of origin. I live in Tucson Arizona and I am sick and tired of having all this cultural sensitivity crap rammed down my throat! If I want to experience a foriegn culture I will visit that country.

I am tired of seeing cars with mexican plates that have expired 5 years ago belching smoke and dripping oil as they drive down the road.....

Tired of hearing about how mexicans standing around all day drinking beer is a myth, when I see them do it from sun up to sun down EVERY DAY

Tired of 30 immigrants living in a 3 bedroom house and having to hear sob stories about how that is the way they live in the "Home Country" Well you ain't in the home country anymore!

Tired of seeing brand new pick up trucks and luxury cars with mexican plates at the grocery store and seeing the owners wearing tons of gold jewelry and designer clothes cashing UNITED STATES ASSISTANCE CHECKS......If you do not have money for food then sell some of that gold!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
The idea of granting pardons to illegal immigration, allowing them to get permanent visas or citizenships, could come with parameters, such like "anyone who is proven to have used false SSNs while working and/or did not report income is not eligible" - something like that.
Some supporter(s) of the defeated 2007 McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill tried to introduce a requirement similar to that into the bill but it was removed because then the majority of illegals would be disqualified.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
I believe they use side dikes to chop thru the chain link right now...

I mean a real wall. 4' ditch.......30 yard gap....Concertina wire...another 30 yard gap.......16' chain link fence with razor wire......another 30 yard gap.......then a Cinder block wall 18' high with out posts and check points. Now THAT would be a wall.....

I figured up a rough shot estimate on this a few months back, just in raw materials I believe it would be about 7.5 billion. Plus look at all the jobs it would created. Stimulus, border control, increase safety, less illegals. What a deal!
Call the the Russians...they know how to build walls.......Look at the one they built in Berlin

Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardgrad View Post
3rd world says it all.......all 3rd world countries are poor...no if ands or buts............3rd world usually means....that birthcontrol is not readily affordable....so a husband and wife having sex...guess what...there is a chance they can become pregnant...........and FYI...the child born to the mom can rcv aid...the mother cannot.......so, it is still not enough to live on......

I am just waiting to see..those against amnesty...what is your big plan to round up all the "illegal" aliens and put them out.......oh and when you finish.......tell me how you are going to repair the further damage done to the economy...b/c trust me if they all decided to stop buying, renting and took their kids out of school........the economy is going to get 10x worst......do your research....trust me....if we kick them out.....things will get worst..........you dont think the govt knew what they were doing all these years, that they have allowed them to come in?.....Wal-Mart the biggest retailer.....relies heavily on the work of illegal aliens.....they have been in a continuous lawsuit over the matter.............
No it is because they are CATHOLIC.......They do not believe in birth control.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or