U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:21 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Waves of illegal immigration in recent years have led to an influx of Muslims, mostly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, living in run-down parts of central Athens. Greek rights activist Thanassis Kourkoulas said the protest showed the migrants "have a voice".
Muslim migrants riot in Athens | theage.com.au

I guess their "voice" is one of violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 01:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Amazing! Arrogance must be a universal illegal alien trait.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 PM

223 posts, read 254,105 times
But violence is not, thankfully.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:45 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Amazing! Arrogance must be a universal illegal alien trait.
PC has emboldened illegal aliens globally. Those from 3rd world countries are used to living in poverty, with chaos, lawlessness and cruelty. It is only natural that they view civilized nations as a culture of wimps to be detested and taken advantage of. Those who hail from said countries are a prime example of people who take kindness for weakness.

Quote:
If only the Muslims in Europe -- with their hearts focused on the Islamic world and their carry-on liquids poised for destruction in the West -- could behave like the well-educated, secular and Americanizing Muslims in the United States, no one would have to worry.
So runs the comforting media narrative that has developed around the approximately 6 million Muslims in the United States, who are often portrayed as well-assimilated and willing to leave their religion and culture behind in pursuit of American values and lifestyle. But over the past two years, I have traveled the country, visiting mosques, interviewing Muslim leaders and speaking to Muslim youths in universities and Islamic centers from New York to Michigan to California -- and I have encountered a different truth. I found few signs of London-style radicalism among Muslims in the United States. At the same time, the real story of American Muslims is one of accelerating alienation from the mainstream of U.S. life, with Muslims in this country choosing their Islamic identity over their American one.

A new generation of American Muslims -- living in the shadow of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks -- is becoming more religious. They are more likely to take comfort in their own communities, and less likely to embrace the nation's fabled melting pot of shared values and common culture.
America's Muslims Aren't as Assimilated as You Think

Old 05-24-2009, 01:47 PM

470 posts, read 508,193 times
I like that they never refer to themselves as illegals, just always as migrants. Like they are birds flying south for the winter. Good god. I guess we are not the only ones being invaded.

Sovereignty means nothing to anyone anymore. All the wars, death, sacrifice, and for what? For a one world union? An oppressive governmental institution? Sacrifice of our native citizens for the benefit of another country?

You now people say you never know what you have until you loose it, and I can say, honestly, that on this Memorial Day weekend, I not only cry for the great lives lost in service of our country, but that I weep for knowing that a large part of those lives may prove to have been lost in vain.

People with great minds and incredible wisdom set it place a Constitution for a sovereign nation that they felt could, if left unmolested, stand the test of time and continue to be the foundation of a great nation. It has endured thru many world wars, a civil war, and a great depression. I do not know, however, if it can withstand a passive invasion from foreign countries that is changing the very landscape of our great nation.

If we have no identity, no borders, no true citizenship how can we claim to be a nation? We may maintain the name USA, but with out an identity we will no longer be what so many people fought and died for. I'm afraid that the best out of my generation may have died on the battle fields of Iraq and Afghanistan.
I am beginning to wonder if the rest of my generation can see what we are loosing before it is totally lost. I know I can see it.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:48 PM

I'm beginning to believe the entire world has gone crazy, or just so apathetic to anything that we're going to hell in a hand basket.

To hell in a handbasket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-24-2009, 01:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
I like that they never refer to themselves as illegals, just always as migrants. Like they are birds flying south for the winter. Good god. I guess we are not the only ones being invaded.

Sovereignty means nothing to anyone anymore. All the wars, death, sacrifice, and for what? For a one world union? An oppressive governmental institution? Sacrifice of our native citizens for the benefit of another country?

You now people say you never know what you have until you loose it, and I can say, honestly, that on this Memorial Day weekend, I not only cry for the great lives lost in service of our country, but that I weep for knowing that a large part of those lives may prove to have been lost in vain.

People with great minds and incredible wisdom set it place a Constitution for a sovereign nation that they felt could, if left unmolested, stand the test of time and continue to be the foundation of a great nation. It has endured thru many world wars, a civil war, and a great depression. I do not know, however, if it can withstand a passive invasion from foreign countries that is changing the very landscape of our great nation.

If we have no identity, no borders, no true citizenship how can we claim to be a nation? We may maintain the name USA, but with out an identity we will no longer be what so many people fought and died for. I'm afraid that the best out of my generation may have died on the battle fields of Iraq and Afghanistan.
I am beginning to wonder if the rest of my generation can see what we are loosing before it is totally lost. I know I can see it.
Sad, but beautifully stated.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post

Another great post bam. Sadly, I couldn't agree more.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm beginning to believe the entire world has gone crazy, or just so apathetic to anything that we're going to hell in a hand basket.

To hell in a handbasket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is it me or do you feel as though we are living in the beginning throes of the book of Revelation?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Is it me or do you feel as though we are living in the beginning throes of the book of Revelation?
It's not just you JDM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration