U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,725,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Why do you feel threatened by people speaking in Spanish? Do you think that it should be a requirement for them to speak English before being allowed admittance to Disneyland?
Yes.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:43 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,315,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I visited Disneyland on May 16th for the first time in 22 years (since I was a child). I have never been so irritated in my life as the day I went there. First off, the tickets cost $94. And when I got into the park, NOBODY spoke english. You would have thought this was Disneyland Mexico! It was utterly unbelievable. The people at the park were sooooo rude (mainly the ones that spoke only spanish)...trying to wedge their 20 kids in front of me and my niece, cutting, one married family man hit my wifes butt, and said "lo siento" and laughed. We got so many dirty and awkward looks from some people as if we were a strange breed in some foreign country.

I just couldn't believe how some of these families, who had 5+ kids, could afford to drop $500 on a trip to Disneyland. This park was, no joke, almost ALL spanish speakers (not just hispanics or other legal citizens whom I dont have a problem with, but people who literally spoke no english). I asked one of the older men (he worked as an information man) about it, and he said that Disney forces him to take classes at the local community college in order to learn spanish to cater to the almost 100% spanish speaking population at Disneyland, and that new employee's are almost required to speak spanish to be in serious contention for a job.

I was wondering if all parks in the Southwest and Texas are like this. I just didn't think these people, who speak no english and work extrememly low paying jobs, could afford to take a day at Disneyland.

Is there anyone else out there who has visited the Disney park recently and knows what I am talking about? It was the most miserable experience and I hope I don't ever return.
It is Disneyland Mexico. I thought you knew that. Anything in CA is Mexico. That is why smart people got out of that hell hole.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM

804 posts, read 1,176,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It is Disneyland Mexico. I thought you knew that. Anything in CA is Mexico. That is why smart people got out of that hell hole.
Uhmm, so CISCO, INTEL, GOOGLE, BROCADE, etc. must be full of dumb people. I suspect that there might be a slight problem with your logic.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,725,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
This is Mexifornia.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:22 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,132,921 times
This is happening all over because our gutless politicians are afraid of loosing Latino votes. They hold on to their twisted idea of political correctness when the majority of Americans want English to be the national language. The way to hurt Disney is to aim at their profits and not buy tickets. When push comes to shove, money is the only language they really understand.

Last edited by Stac2007; 05-25-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:29 PM

32,935 posts, read 30,188,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Yes.
Now come on, it's an International tourist destination. We welcome all Countries people here as tourists.
I'm way ok with that but this theme of Hispanicization in certain States will do nothing to keep States together. This is the US, an English speaking Country. Speaking more than one language is different than hiring workers that speak only Spanish to cater to tourist. I think that is completely backwards as a theme to build a strong Country.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Now come on, it's an International tourist destination. We welcome all Countries people here as tourists.
I'm way ok with that but this theme of Hispanicization in certain States will do nothing to keep States together. This is the US, an English speaking Country. Speaking more than one language is different than hiring workers that speak only Spanish to cater to tourist. I think that is completely backwards as a theme to build a strong Country.
As you stated.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:29 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,093,233 times
how original

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
This is Mexifornia.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:09 AM

807 posts, read 1,118,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
This is happening all over because our gutless politicians are afraid of loosing Latino votes. They hold on to their twisted idea of political correctness when the majority of Americans want English to be the national language. The way to hurt Disney is to aim at their profits and not buy tickets. When push comes to shove, money is the only language they really understand.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 AM

549 posts, read 1,502,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I visited Disneyland on May 16th for the first time in 22 years (since I was a child). I have never been so irritated in my life as the day I went there. First off, the tickets cost $94. And when I got into the park, NOBODY spoke english. You would have thought this was Disneyland Mexico! It was utterly unbelievable. The people at the park were sooooo rude (mainly the ones that spoke only spanish)...trying to wedge their 20 kids in front of me and my niece, cutting, one married family man hit my wifes butt, and said "lo siento" and laughed. We got so many dirty and awkward looks from some people as if we were a strange breed in some foreign country.

I just couldn't believe how some of these families, who had 5+ kids, could afford to drop $500 on a trip to Disneyland. This park was, no joke, almost ALL spanish speakers (not just hispanics or other legal citizens whom I dont have a problem with, but people who literally spoke no english). I asked one of the older men (he worked as an information man) about it, and he said that Disney forces him to take classes at the local community college in order to learn spanish to cater to the almost 100% spanish speaking population at Disneyland, and that new employee's are almost required to speak spanish to be in serious contention for a job.

I was wondering if all parks in the Southwest and Texas are like this. I just didn't think these people, who speak no english and work extrememly low paying jobs, could afford to take a day at Disneyland.

Is there anyone else out there who has visited the Disney park recently and knows what I am talking about? It was the most miserable experience and I hope I don't ever return.

The visitors were probably tourists.... have you thought about that you Einstein?

Would you speak in French if you travelled to the Disney park in Europe???

My best guess is that you would speak English while visiting Disney in Europe...

Geez.... the local Californians are probably hitting the waves... doing something else...

Disney is a worldwide attraction for overseas tourists... and many come from overseas (Spanish speaking countries)

Thanks to Disney we drain the tourists pockets... I can`t believe you wrote such thread.

I bet many of you don`t know the impact of Disneyland in our local economies.

For example...Orlando would be nothing without a Disney and many of the city`s theme parks that are visited by millions of overseas tourists.

Do you think that undocumented/illegal aliens have 94$ to visit Disneyland??? (they make peanuts)

I seriously doubt that many of you have a bachelors degree (that requires good reasoning/logic)

You know...if you had a little bit of more good reasoning, you would have probably enjoyed an excellent day at Disneyland with your family...but instead of doing such thing, you were wondering why the heck overseas tourists were not speaking in English

One married family man hit my wifes but????

Ohh my goddd.... listen pal... English/Italian/Portuguese/Chinese/ any speaker ...any male could hit a women`s butt by accident... ok?...and they also are polite to say "I am Sorry/Lo siento" I live in Miami,,,, I have seen many many tourists from U.S, Canada, Europe, the Americas, Asia, hitting the women butts by accident and some of them stare at women`s butts and they don`t care if they have their wifes standing by their sides... your comment was absurd....

Men are Men (no matter what language they speak)

And about the guy that works in the information desks!!!!!???....

It is very logical that he must learn Spanish and the fact that Disney required him to take second language classes is common sense!!

In every country overseas, the employees assigned to the information desks kiosks in tourist attractions have to speak a second or a third language!!!

You should travel to Europe and realize that the same info dude in the Disneyland over there speaks fluent French, Spanish, English, Italian, etc!!!

Ohh my god...how old are you????

There is a global phenomenon called globalization BTW....

"Globalization (globalisation) in its literal sense is the process of transformation of local or regional phenomena into global ones. It can be described as a process by which the people of the world are unified into a single society and function together.
This process is a combination of economic, technological, sociocultural and political forces.Globalization is often used to refer to economic globalization, that is, integration of national economies into the international economy through trade, foreign direct investment, capital flows, migration, and the spread of technology."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalization

You should Google it!!!

Due to this phenomenon many citizens worldwide have to learn second/third languages... I mean pal... if you don`t know about this basic stuff I seriously wonder how the heck your were even able to turn on your computer and go online (that requires some sort of intelligence)...

Ohh my god..when I read this kind of posts I am glad I am a teacher...

I know that I am actually educating people in real life so that they don`t become people without "good reasoning".

Have a good day..

Last edited by Eduardo983; 05-26-2009 at 02:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or