U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,810,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post

Here is what will result.
1) Prices for everything will go up.
2) Some firms will relocate to other cities, states and countries
3) There will be labour shortages
4) Local communities will have gained back some control over their public services
5) Many jobs will go unfilled as Americans see themselves as beyond certain types of work.
6) Many locals will clamor for a return of their welfare.
7) Local unemployment will remain at a high level.
Prices for everything have gone up significantly in the past few years. I've seen milk as high as $4.00 a gallon, housing prices went up considerably in spite of very high levels of illegals. Gas prices are rising again, could like get over $4 a gallon. As ridiculous as it might seem, in spite of 30 million plus illegals living here, lettuce can be seen selling for over $1 a head!!! Go back to the early 80's before all these people arrived and the food prices were much much lower, houses were cheaper.

Businesses that won't employ Americans don't benefit us at all and they should relocate to other countries. If someone cannot fathom hiring Americans and prefers to hire all Mexicans -- then really Mexico is a great place for his business.

Labor shortages? We've got high and rising unemployment rates. Labor shortages are like supply and demand, shortages of labor will get wages up -- naturally.

Necessity is the mother of all invention, when labor costs are too high, machines are invented.

Locals on welfare may be a problem but we don't need the additional strain of illegals on welfare and there's no denying that many illegals use welfare.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's true. It's the rudeness of the staff and the way English speakers are shunned. You see more and more of that -- yet go to Mexico and people will go out of their way to help English speaking people.

I think it's the Aztlan attitude more than anything.
And of course: Aztlan=fraud.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Prices for everything have gone up significantly in the past few years. I've seen milk as high as $4.00 a gallon, housing prices went up considerably in spite of very high levels of illegals. Gas prices are rising again, could like get over $4 a gallon. As ridiculous as it might seem, in spite of 30 million plus illegals living here, lettuce can be seen selling for over $1 a head!!! Go back to the early 80's before all these people arrived and the food prices were much much lower, houses were cheaper.

Businesses that won't employ Americans don't benefit us at all and they should relocate to other countries. If someone cannot fathom hiring Americans and prefers to hire all Mexicans -- then really Mexico is a great place for his business.

Labor shortages? We've got high and rising unemployment rates. Labor shortages are like supply and demand, shortages of labor will get wages up -- naturally.

Necessity is the mother of all invention, when labor costs are too high, machines are invented.

Locals on welfare may be a problem but we don't need the additional strain of illegals on welfare and there's no denying that many illegals use welfare.
Again; pearls of wisdom from our Wise Dog; Malamute

Old 05-27-2009, 12:54 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,710,068 times
Quote:
White people? I always thought the cartoons were centered around various colored animals. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are black except their faces are beige but they are mice, Donald Duck is a white duck, Goofy is like Mickey and Minnie -- black with a beige face but he's a dog. Pluto is tan.
The cartoon animals that Disney is famous for creating all feature quirks that are based on stereotypes of people from white culture, though they're mostly subtle. Looney Tunes/Warner Brothers did a far better job of incorporating white "quirkiness"/stereotypes into their characters (Yosemite Sam anyone?).

Old 05-27-2009, 06:24 AM

32,868 posts, read 30,126,734 times
Quote:
This is in direct relation to over population. We need to bring immigration to a crawl unless we want to depend on other Countries for our food just as we have the Middle East for our energy.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The cartoon animals that Disney is famous for creating all feature quirks that are based on stereotypes of people from white culture, though they're mostly subtle. Looney Tunes/Warner Brothers did a far better job of incorporating white "quirkiness"/stereotypes into their characters (Yosemite Sam anyone?).
Hell: despite him not being a Disney creation; Speedy Gonzalez was also depicted as 'White'----------------remember that Latinos as a group were considered to be Caucasian for many years till this 'Hispanic' race nonsense came along.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 AM

471 posts, read 856,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Actually, if they had entered LEGALLY, by law they would have to speak and read basic English.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they've been here 5 years and are still only capable of babbling in espanol. It sounds like these illegal alien savages entered illegally and are as ignorant as they were the day they broke into America.
This is SOOOOOOOOO ignorant. I came to the USA when I was 8 years old LEGALLY and I didn't speak a lick of english. You DO NOT have to speak English to enter the US legally, please don't make yourself look ignorant and get your facts straight!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,344,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I visited Disneyland on May 16th for the first time in 22 years (since I was a child). I have never been so irritated in my life as the day I went there. First off, the tickets cost $94. And when I got into the park, NOBODY spoke english. You would have thought this was Disneyland Mexico! It was utterly unbelievable. The people at the park were sooooo rude (mainly the ones that spoke only spanish)...trying to wedge their 20 kids in front of me and my niece, cutting, one married family man hit my wifes butt, and said "lo siento" and laughed. We got so many dirty and awkward looks from some people as if we were a strange breed in some foreign country.

I just couldn't believe how some of these families, who had 5+ kids, could afford to drop $500 on a trip to Disneyland. This park was, no joke, almost ALL spanish speakers (not just hispanics or other legal citizens whom I dont have a problem with, but people who literally spoke no english). I asked one of the older men (he worked as an information man) about it, and he said that Disney forces him to take classes at the local community college in order to learn spanish to cater to the almost 100% spanish speaking population at Disneyland, and that new employee's are almost required to speak spanish to be in serious contention for a job.

I was wondering if all parks in the Southwest and Texas are like this. I just didn't think these people, who speak no english and work extrememly low paying jobs, could afford to take a day at Disneyland.

Is there anyone else out there who has visited the Disney park recently and knows what I am talking about? It was the most miserable experience and I hope I don't ever return.
Oh please get over it. Those people have the same rights as you do to be in the park. They paid an entrance fee right? Are you upset at the fact that they were able to afford to take their entire family to Disney ($500 like you said) while you could only go once every 22 years? or was it that Snow White is no longer as white and racist as before? Pleeease....

Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Oh please get over it. Those people have the same rights as you do to be in the park. They paid an entrance fee right? Are you upset at the fact that they were able to afford to take their entire family to Disney ($500 like you said) while you could only go once every 22 years? or was it that Snow White is no longer as white and racist as before? Pleeease....
Had to chuckle at your mention of Snow White------------she rather resembles a Spanish senorita.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 AM

20,471 posts, read 26,605,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I'm not spoiling for a fight, but the way you come across insinuates that the OP is dumb, racist and lying about his experiences in Disneyland. My posts countered that you don't have to be any of those and still be surprised at finding Disneyland filled with nothing but Mexicans.

My asking for another viewpoint was asking you why YOU thought the OP was upset, since you disagreed with his reasons for being upset, but upon further analyzation, I realized it's because you thought/think he is dumb, racist and lying.
How silly; you seem to have decided what I think.

This is what I think, Eva.

I think that the OP had a bad experience at DL and was annoyed by a different language being spoken as well as his wife being hit on the ass (never has been specified whether it was on accident or not). I was curious as to why he was bothered by the conversations of others in a public place since they weren't about him or to him. So..do I think he's lying? Nope. But several other posters in this thread have stated that their recent experiences at DL have been different. All that really means is that they didn't go on the same day he did.

I don't disagree with his reasons for being upset so much as I'm trying to understand them and to an extent I can.

Do I think he's racist? A bit, perhaps.

Do I think you're racist? Damn skippy, with your blathering about "white culture".

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-27-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or