U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,341,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Had to chuckle at your mention of Snow White------------she rather resembles a Spanish senorita.
She does. It is Sleeping Beauty that looks like an anglo beauty queen. And now we have Pocahontas and Mulan. I wonder if eventually Disney will have a gay or lesbian lead cartoon character....

Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
ˇBienvendido a la magia del Disney!

I find this all very hard to believe. Next time, please take a picture of this "Spanish Disneyland", or maybe a youtube video. I have never seen this at Disney, Knots, Six flags...ever.

It must be slow in this forum...the greymatter stories are coming out.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:32 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,341,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
ˇBienvendido a la magia del Disney!

I find this all very hard to believe. Next time, please take a picture of this "Spanish Disneyland", or maybe a youtube video. I have never seen this at Disney, Knots, Six flags...ever.

It must be slow in this forum...the greymatter stories are coming out.
Dude, if you are going to write in Spanish, make sure you use proper grammar.

Bienvenido a la magia de Disney......

Old 05-27-2009, 04:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
How silly; you seem to have decided what I think.

This is what I think, Eva.

I think that the OP had a bad experience at DL and was annoyed by a different language being spoken as well as his wife being hit on the ass (never has been specified whether it was on accident or not). I was curious as to why he was bothered by the conversations of others in a public place since they weren't about him or to him. So..do I think he's lying? Nope. But several other posters in this thread have stated that their recent experiences at DL have been different. All that really means is that they didn't go on the same day he did.

I don't disagree with his reasons for being upset so much as I'm trying to understand them and to an extent I can.

Do I think he's racist? A bit, perhaps.

Do I think you're racist? Damn skippy, with your blathering about "white culture".
Define 'White culture', please. Remember that us White folks come in quite a spectrum of skin colors. Too; quite a few full blood Asians also have porcelain white skin-------maybe their Chinese, etc. culture is also 'white'?

Funny that a Hispanic can be of any race yet it is OK for some folks to tout Hispanic culture.

Side note: ocexpo (the OP) is in part Hopi Indian: calling him a White supremacist is hilarious

Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
She does. It is Sleeping Beauty that looks like an anglo beauty queen. And now we have Pocahontas and Mulan. I wonder if eventually Disney will have a gay or lesbian lead cartoon character....
That I doubt any time soon being that Disney corporate is quite Old School conservative.

Although; there may be a movie or two dealing with Gays that was put out by Walt Disney Films.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 PM

20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
Why should I define "white culture"? I'm not the one constantly using the term, other than responding to it's use.

If I had to hazard a guess how the person who's using it in this thread defines it, I'd say it had something to do with cartoons.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:

Side note: ocexpo (the OP) is in part Hopi Indian: calling him a White supremacist is hilarious
Wow...missed this part.

I find it weird that you're trying to say that I called the OP a white supremist.

There's a difference between thinking that someone might perhaps be a bit of a racist and believing that person to be a David Duke clone.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Wow...missed this part.

I find it weird that you're trying to say that I called the OP a white supremist.

There's a difference between thinking that someone might perhaps be a bit of a racist and believing that person to be a David Duke clone.
Or a Judge Leander Perez clone?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Or a Judge Leander Perez clone?
Semi-nice try.

I don't suppose you can explain or even care to try to explain your comments about me equating the OP with white supremecy.

It's clear that some people here aren't interested in discussion and would rather use this forum as a place to vent their frustrations about a world that is changing in ways that they don't like.

Normal enough, I suppose.

The resentment towards illegals due to the failing economy and the lack of jobs for citizens is something I can understand. The comments about language et al are a bit of a stretch for me.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-27-2009 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 07:48 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,746,816 times
Quote:
Semi-nice try.

I don't suppose you can explain or even care to try to explain your comments about me equating the OP with white supremecy.

It's clear that some people here aren't interested in discussion and would rather use this forum as a place to vent their frustrations about a world that is changing in ways that they don't like.

Normal enough, I suppose.

The resentment towards illegals due to the failing economy and the lack of jobs for citizens is something I can understand. The comments about language et al are a bit of a stretch for me.
Why is it such a stretch for you?

Language is part of a country's national identity and culture. And in the U.S., our language is English.

We are the UNITED States. And what unites us is a common culture and a common language. This is the way it is in all countries. In Japan, the Japanese culture and language unites the Japanese people. In Mexico, the Mexican culture and Spanish language unites Mexicans. In Russia, the Russian culture and Russian language unites Russians. And so on and so on.

The problem is, there are those who feel that the U.S. shouldn't have a common culture and language. People like yourself feel that the U.S. belongs to everybody, and that it should be a complete free-for-all and cacaphone of different languages, cultures and religions. Well, it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work. All this division accomplishes is the creation of culture clashes, language barriers, and religious and political strife.

We Americans see the deterioration of our culture and language, and the OPs post is a perfect example of the sadness and concern we feel as a result.

You may call us racist or xenophobic but, on the contrary, we are simply a nation of people who have shared a common culture and language for over two centuries now, and we are devastated as we witness the slow rape and division of our national identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or