U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 10:14 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,718,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Sounds like it was crowded there; the OP never clarified whether it was an accident or not. The offender did issue an apology and the laughter could have been because he was embarrassed.

Why is it so hard to understand that there are two sides to everything? Who among us hasn't been jostled in a crowd?

No, the OP was upset about lack of what you call "white culture" present at a tourist trap. I'm still curious as to why anyone believes that the other people visiting such a place owes it to them to speak in a language that they can understand.

No one owes it to the OP or anyone else in a public place to converse among themselves in a language that they cannot understand.
You keep wanting to deconstruct the experience and take every incident piece by piece, and you're right, piece by piece, it doesn't look so bad. It's only when you put all of the incidents together that you really see the fabric of the experience and why it was so hard for the OP. The sum of the collected parts creates the whole experience.

I've attempted to explain to you why the OP felt the way he did, all you keep doing is saying that the OP doesn't have a right to his feelings because YOU don't agree with him. That's bologna.

Quote:
Once again, I've accused no one of lying. Just saying that the OP's experience hasn't been mirrored by some of the other posters here.
No one is debating that. Stop bringing it up, esp. since YOU say it doesn't matter anyway.

Quote:
And do you think that it should remain that way simply because of a few tv shows in the last century?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that we don't all live our lives around television, et al.
Strawman. I never said either of these things. This is just another example of you trying to trap people into saying racist things.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 PM

20,512 posts, read 26,670,628 times
Quote:
You keep wanting to deconstruct the experience and take every incident piece by piece, and you're right, piece by piece, it doesn't look so bad. It's only when you put all of the incidents together that you really see the fabric of the experience and why it was so hard for the OP. The sum of the collected parts creates the whole experience.
Why shouldn't I? I've already explained that I don't live in a part of the country that has an influx of illegals. The OP has at least been decent about explaining himself without being nearly as defensive as you are being.

Quote:
No one is debating that. Stop bringing it up, esp. since YOU say it doesn't matter anyway.
It's posted in this thread and a part of this conversation. I'll bring it up if I please. And once again, you're fabricating that I've said it doesn't matter. Why are you doing that?

Quote:
I've attempted to explain to you why the OP felt the way he did, all you keep doing is saying that the OP doesn't have a right to his feelings because YOU don't agree with him. That's bologna.
He has a right to his feelings; but perhaps not to his expectations. Private conversations, even in public places, are, after all, private. It's silly to expect those around you to conform their language for your eavesdropping pleasure.

Quote:
Strawman. I never said either of these things. This is just another example of you trying to trap people into saying racist things.
Actually, I don't have to trap you at all. You do it all on your own with your blatherings about television of the last century and white culture.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,721,341 times
Quote:
LOL--why should behaving like the stereotypical "ugly American" be the province of only those who are white?

In Alaska, the worst tourists are those from certain parts of the United States. I've often wished they did speak a language I didn't know, so I wouldn't have to hear their conversations.
Try again: you are grasping at straws there

Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again: you are grasping at straws there
How so?

Try spending some time in one of Alaska's port cities and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,721,341 times
Quote:
How so?

Try spending some time in one of Alaska's port cities and you'll see exactly what I mean.
Let me spell it out for you:

I have no patience with boors-------------------of any race/ethnicity/nationality.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know where you dig up some of your material. It is not the truth that I've said that it doesn't matter what other posters are saying.

If you want to fight with me, at least do so with the truth.
LOL, seriously, are you delusional? I'm asking in all sincerity.

Quote:
But several other posters in this thread have stated that their recent experiences at DL have been different. All that really means is that they didn't go on the same day he did.
Quote:
I can't say that I would or wouldn't be surprised to see a majority of Hispanics at Disneyland; I wouldn't go there in the first place. Other posters who do, however, haven't had the experience of the OP.
Quote:
Other posters in this thread seem to have had a different experience at Disneyland. It's hard to know who to believe.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me spell it out for you:

I have no patience with boors-------------------of any race/ethnicity/nationality.
You'd really hate being in Skagway during cruise season then.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Why shouldn't I? I've already explained that I don't live in a part of the country that has an influx of illegals. The OP has at least been decent about explaining himself without being nearly as defensive as you are being.
good. since you have no idea what you're talking about having NEVER been to Disneyland NOR dealing with "an influx of illegals", how about you stay out of the conversation then, hmm?

Quote:
Actually, I don't have to trap you at all. You do it all on your own with your blatherings about television of the last century and white culture.
Nope. You're wrong. I've already said why, I'm not going to waste my time saying it again.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM

15,628 posts, read 29,385,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
It was the ENTIRE park. It was not like a few "touristy" people who are from international locations who do not speak english, the entire park was spanish speaking. Almost all the waiters and service people were speaking spanish, almost every sign had spanish/english writing on them (but no other language to accomodate any other world traveler). And on top of it, these people were extremely rude. They looked at us as if we were animals, like deep stares. Their kids were rude and not well mannered (a lot of them). I am sure these people have driven out many tourists (because I did not see very many touristy people or international people there).

And I have plenty of Hispanic friends. But they speak english, speak it all the time, and are respectful. I have never been in the company of such vile, rude people. My niece, who is always respectful and kind, said she would rather not come back.
Have you seen how non-hispanic minimum wage service workers are these days? They are no better. Most of them are so stupid they cannot speak decent English either. It's not that they are hispanic or even illegal, it's just that they have fallen into the culture that IS Southern California.

Come to Missouri. We'll show you some friendly customer service!

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
LOL, seriously, are you delusional? I'm asking in all sincerity.
Not at all. And I'm asking in all sincerity how you are getting your repeated statement that I've said that the opinions of others don't matter in this thread.

Why are you quoting this post, anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla
But several other posters in this thread have stated that their recent experiences at DL have been different. All that really means is that they didn't go on the same day he did.
Are you aware that the posts I was referring to were those of the people who disagreed with the OP about DL? So tell me again how that is an attempt to discredit him, as you keep shrilling I am trying to do.

And is this the best you can do to prove your point about me saying the other posters don't matter? LOL. Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla
Other posters in this thread seem to have had a different experience at Disneyland. It's hard to know who to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or