U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:20 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,334,554 times

Advertisements

If you couldn't understand what they were saying, how do you know they were being rude?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:21 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
everybody wants a piece of the dream. american pie but it is beginning to taste like its out of a cardboard box no? in a few years disneyland will be just another mindless kiddyland without values you got nothing.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
If you couldn't understand what they were saying, how do you know they were being rude?
The fact that one of them slapped his wife's rear then laughed and said something in Spanish may have had something to do with it. Along with the families with lots of kids shoving their way ahead of people in line.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think that a lot of them do speak and read basic anglais, but they prefer to use their native tongue when among family and friends. It really doesn't bother me to be around it; I feel it gives me a chance to brush up on my language skills.

Do you think that all brown people are here illegally, or just the ones who don't act white enough?
So if they were here on vacation is that the normal behavior in their homelands? Seriously? Married men smackin totally strange woman on the A$$?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM

20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So if they were here on vacation is that the normal behavior in their homelands? Seriously? Married men smackin totally strange woman on the A$$?
I'll tell ya what. I've had that happen in public by a white man. Jerks come in all colors.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
I'm curious; how did he know if they were here legally or not? Because they weren't speaking English? I know that many legal families still speak their native tongue among themselves.

Other posters in this thread seem to have had a different experience at Disneyland. It's hard to know who to believe.
I've had 2 ok and one really crummy time there, the last time and I won't go again. They have some discount day for what I'll call the 'underprivileged' . Let's just say English wasn't the language of choice on those days. My God what a mess that day was. We stayed part of the day and by then we had enough. I was so @#$#ed I wanted my money back but was glad to just get out of there with my sanity. Spanish I can deal with, stampedes and moronic behavior I cannot.

Check the calendar, many days are loaded with incentives for discounts.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM

20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
I would, but Disneyland isn't my thing. Crowds bother me.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:42 PM

223 posts, read 253,980 times
Quote:
I'm curious; how did he know if they were here legally or not? Because they weren't speaking English? I know that many legal families still speak their native tongue among themselves.

Other posters in this thread seem to have had a different experience at Disneyland. It's hard to know who to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The fact that one of them slapped his wife's rear then laughed and said something in Spanish may have had something to do with it. Along with the families with lots of kids shoving their way ahead of people in line.
Fact?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:44 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
The OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I visited Disneyland on May 16th for the first time in 22 years (since I was a child). I have never been so irritated in my life as the day I went there. First off, the tickets cost $94. And when I got into the park, NOBODY spoke english. You would have thought this was Disneyland Mexico! It was utterly unbelievable. The people at the park were sooooo rude (mainly the ones that spoke only spanish)...trying to wedge their 20 kids in front of me and my niece, cutting, one married family man hit my wifes butt, and said "lo siento" and laughed. We got so many dirty and awkward looks from some people as if we were a strange breed in some foreign country.

I just couldn't believe how some of these families, who had 5+ kids, could afford to drop $500 on a trip to Disneyland. This park was, no joke, almost ALL spanish speakers (not just hispanics or other legal citizens whom I dont have a problem with, but people who literally spoke no english). I asked one of the older men (he worked as an information man) about it, and he said that Disney forces him to take classes at the local community college in order to learn spanish to cater to the almost 100% spanish speaking population at Disneyland, and that new employee's are almost required to speak spanish to be in serious contention for a job.

I was wondering if all parks in the Southwest and Texas are like this. I just didn't think these people, who speak no english and work extrememly low paying jobs, could afford to take a day at Disneyland.

Is there anyone else out there who has visited the Disney park recently and knows what I am talking about? It was the most miserable experience and I hope I don't ever return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Fact?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:49 PM

223 posts, read 253,980 times
Disneylands a clusterf----. Overpriced, packed, long lines. Nothing new. Somebody had a bad day, like most do at disneyland, and as someone that already has issues with Hispanics and/or illegals, that was the focus of his bad day. California has millions of Latinos, most of them citizens or legal. Especially those at Disneyland. I doubt if everyone was white, English-speaking, the guy wouldn't have that much better of a time. Disneyland sucks. Well...he wouldn't be fixated on the Hispanics at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or