Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times

Advertisements

Everybody please calm down and discuss the topic, not each other.
Yac.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
It is Disneyland Mexico. I thought you knew that. Anything in CA is Mexico. That is why smart people got out of that hell hole.
Mexico itself has nice people. I doubt these are tourists from Mexico. The people who live in Mexico generally are polite, friendly, not so pushy and loud.

One problem is that those people who won't do anything to improve their own country which requires improving themselves are the ones who come here.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Uhmm, so CISCO, INTEL, GOOGLE, BROCADE, etc. must be full of dumb people. I suspect that there might be a slight problem with your logic.
Nope, nothing wrong with my logic at all. I moved my family out of CA last year and were are so happy to be out of that hell hole and I feel for anyone who can't get out that want to.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexico itself has nice people. I doubt these are tourists from Mexico. The people who live in Mexico generally are polite, friendly, not so pushy and loud.

One problem is that those people who won't do anything to improve their own country which requires improving themselves are the ones who come here.
So very true indeed!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
DIS has taken a giant dump. It traded as low as $15 just recently, down more than half in a year. They burned through $600 million in cash last year. The biggest factor is substantially lower returns on their investment accounts. Their cost of sales are up up $1.7 billion on increased sales of $2.3 billion; their gross profit dropped 2%, which is quite a bit.

Everybody loves to accuse these "guys" of hiring illegals so they can all get rich. A quick trip to the SEC website and one learns that DIS is mostly owned by institutional investors, such as Fidelity, Vanguard, certain state pension funds, etc. In simple English, that means you and me own Disney. If you have a mutual fund or 401(k), you might indirectly own shares of DIS.

The simple solution is just boycott DIS. In the short-term, there is a fair amount of satisfaction with doing this. It is expensive. It is crowded. I have witnessed some of the behavior described in the OP. As an Anglo fluent in Spanish, I understand most of what is said. When I don't understand it, I know I am dealing with a dialect from southern Mexico. Regardless, most of what they say is no different than any other family. They are excited. For some of these kids (dirt poor), the excitement is even more pronounced. I am not defending rude behavior, but I don't think their intent is to be rude.

The best way to deal with this situation is by mail. Write a letter directly to Disneyland. Keep it clear, concise, and respectful. Two pages max. Do not focus on the behavior or language of the visitors - they have no control over who gets in the front door. Focus on the friendliness of the park staff, cleanliness, etc. I bet they take care of you. The real advantage is not the freebies they give you, but rather it puts them on notice that you care about how they treat you. If enough people send them enough letters, they will get the message.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM

291 posts, read 413,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Why do you feel threatened by people speaking in Spanish? Do you think that it should be a requirement for them to speak English before being allowed admittance to Disneyland?
odd ,did you know we speak ENGLISH in the usa?
no I think in order to be a legal citizen they need to speak english.
I think big biz will do anything to stay fat.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
how original
Gotta better explanation?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
i live in LA, i have lived in other parts of CA.

LA is bursting with many many cultures.

we have a little armenia, ethiopia, tokyo, thai town, koreatown, we have lots here... more than just mexicans. get a clue.

but if you are referring to the fact that CA was once mexico, watch out, lots of posters here dont like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Gotta better explanation?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i live in LA, i have lived in other parts of CA.

LA is bursting with many many cultures.

we have a little armenia, ethiopia, tokyo, thai town, koreatown, we have lots here... more than just mexicans. get a clue.

but if you are referring to the fact that CA was once mexico, watch out, lots of posters here dont like that.
ok...LA is definately the place to be if you want to study cultural anthropology.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Default Baseball

Slightly off topic,but have you been to a major league baseball game in SoCal recently?Catch an Angel or Dodger game and most of the problems mentioned here about Disneyland will be found at the ballpark.Baseball is very popular with the local cholos,and the illegals have also become big fans.Hordes of loud,rude,pushy fans fill the stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration