Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,330,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
High time white Americans stop the Self-flagellation for wrongs committed by a minority of white bad apple racists.
I just wonder how long it's going to go on. Personally, I don't want to live in New New Mexico.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:38 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,392,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
High time white Americans stop the Self-flagellation for wrongs committed by a minority of white bad apple racists.
The comment you are referring to was not self-flagellation. It was only the synthisis of opinion arising from observation. That comment had nothing what-so-ever to do with guilt.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,392,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I just wonder how long it's going to go on. Personally, I don't want to live in New New Mexico.
New Mexico is nice.
Mexico would be nice if the government would disappear and take the criminals with it.
Mexico would even be nicer, if the people were not so beaten down my decades of corruption.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,203,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
New Mexico is nice.
Mexico would be nice if the government would disappear and take the criminals with it.
Mexico would even be nicer, if the people were not so beaten down my decades of corruption.
I think that said people are at least semi-willing partners in the corruption.
Even in the USA. Look at corrupt cities and downs and you will find that the population is quite aware of these practices and will often make excuses to justify it.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,646,383 times
Quote:
Because Disneyland in America has been historically run and staffed by white people and was created in 1952, which was the pinnacle of white american culture and most people still associate Disneyland with that?

Because all of the Disney characters who were main characters and human, save for Aladdin and Mulan, have been white and the other races have been portrayed as animals (Jamaican crab in The Little Mermaid, laughing hyenas in The Lion King were said to be based on black people, etc.)?

Whether people like it or not, Disneyland and it's cartoons were centered around white culture and white people. So yes, to see not even underrepresented, but not represented at all by the culture it has made it's money on (historically catering to white tastes), is a shock. It would be like going to Japan and seeing only French people. You'd have to ask yourself what the hell is going on.

Interesting viewpoint. Would you apply the same to the rest of the U.S.? After all, for centuries, the United States has been centered around white culture.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 PM

Looks like Disney has been targeting Hispanic consumers for a number of years:

AARP - Segunda Juventud - Disneyland: 50 Happy Years (http://www.aarpsegundajuventud.org/english/travel/2005-JJ/05JJ_disney.html - broken link)

Old 05-26-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Looks like Disney has been targeting Hispanic consumers for a number of years:

AARP - Segunda Juventud - Disneyland: 50 Happy Years (http://www.aarpsegundajuventud.org/english/travel/2005-JJ/05JJ_disney.html - broken link)
Look, that's cool and all, but most people do not expect Disneyland to be staffed and attended by Mexicans only. Please don't ask me why, I've already explained it.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Look, that's cool and all, but most people do not expect Disneyland to be staffed and attended by Mexicans only. Please don't ask me why, I've already explained it.
Nah, you didn't explain it. You just spouted something about it being based on "white culture".

Do you feel the same way about the rest of the U.S.? As I've explained before, ever since the European migration, this country has been based on "white culture" as well.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Interesting viewpoint. Would you apply the same to the rest of the U.S.? After all, for centuries, the United States has been centered around white culture.
There are three types of white people in America when it comes to this matter. Those who stick their head in the sand, those who are worried about losing "white culture" (however you want to define it) and those who think that losing white culture isn't a big deal and that white people need to quit being racist.

Notice that that 2/3rd of that set, the one's paying attention, do not deny that white american culture is probably going to go the way of the Dodo Bird. If I were to lose my culture, would it bother me? Doesn't it bother most people if they think they are losing their culture?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Nah, you didn't explain it. You just spouted something about it being based on "white culture".
You asked why a white person would be surprised to find only Mexicans at Disneyland. I DID explain it, you however, have not come up with a contrasting viewpoint. All you do is ask questions you already have the answer to in your mind and then quickly attempt to realign with the person by stating something you think everyone is annoyed by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration