Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:01 AM

439 posts, read 616,928 times

Advertisements

Please watch this video on Illegal Immigration. This will help you understand.

YouTube - SuperNews! - The Immigration Debate

Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
Well then he needs to question his manhood, sorry brother but if a man disrespects my wife we going to get it on and not in a gentleman manner either.

I can't help him with his insecurities.
If you need to resort to violence or anger to solve problems, it sounds to me like YOU are the one with the insecurities. This macho-macho junk seems to come from those people with the least psychological foundations. Why is that?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
So what is really bothering you? Is it the fact that a family of five can afford to go to Disneyland. Do you think the Disney Corporate care about your feelings, not really and neither do I. All they care about is the green. Your green is the same color of that minority families green.

Get over yourself, you don't have to go to Disneyland anymore, believe me Disney is not caring.
well, maybe disney needs to start caring before their revenues drop even further...

The Associated press: "The Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday its second-quarter net income fell 46 PERCENT, dragged down by an underperforming movie slate and the impact of the recession on its theme parks."

i see nothing wrong with an economic boycott for companies that demand that their employees learn a foreign language in order to have a job. serves them right!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Please watch this video on Illegal Immigration. This will help you understand.

YouTube - SuperNews! - The Immigration Debate
The Mexicans would know: Cortez subjugated the Aztecs as well.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I think you've reduced the OP's post to a simplistic one-dimensional complaint...that he didn't like hearing Spanish spoken around him at Disneyland. But his post was much more than that, and most of us here are able to see that. Why can't you?
Probably because when I go out to public places, I don't feel that the other people around me owe it to me to speak English so I can eavesdrop on their conversations.

His post was, of course, more than that, but that was the part that was puzzling to me and the part I mostly chose to address.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM

223 posts, read 300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
well, maybe disney needs to start caring before their revenues drop even further...

The Associated press: "The Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday its second-quarter net income fell 46 PERCENT, dragged down by an underperforming movie slate and the impact of the recession on its theme parks."

i see nothing wrong with an economic boycott for companies that demand that their employees learn a foreign language in order to have a job. serves them right!
But...is that even true?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Would you apply the same thing to DisneyLand Paris?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
But...is that even true?
I'm wondering that myself.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Would you apply the same thing to DisneyLand Paris?
absolutely! if the french workers were forced to speak english to keep their jobs in disneyland paris i would advocate that the french citizens boycott as well. there should be a home field advantage for a country.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:13 PM

448 posts, read 1,588,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
If you need to resort to violence or anger to solve problems, it sounds to me like YOU are the one with the insecurities. This macho-macho junk seems to come from those people with the least psychological foundations. Why is that?
So your going to sit there and analyze my mental state?
So what your saying is that I should just laugh with the mexican guy, and then give him a high five for feeling up on my wife.

Or perhaps we can sit down and have a pow wow. Maybe even hold hands and sing cumbaya. Man what was I thinking! Maybe I should let the neighbors have sex with my pregnant wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration