Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:14 PM

26,536 posts, read 36,426,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
absolutely! if the french workers were forced to speak english to keep their jobs in disneyland paris i would advocate that the french citizens boycott as well. there should be a home field advantage for a country.

I don't think they are forced to speak English, but I've heard that it's desirable that they do. Apparently it's because of the large amount of English speaking visitors they get there.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM

223 posts, read 299,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
So your going to sit there and analyze my mental state?
So what your saying is that I should just laugh with the mexican guy, and then give him a high five for feeling up on my wife.

Or perhaps we can sit down and have a pow wow. Maybe even hold hands and sing cumbaya. Man what was I thinking! Maybe I should let the neighbors have sex with my pregnant wife.
Hey, at least you would have the satisfaction of knowing you weren't acting "macho macho" .
The story is questionable anyway.
If anything happened at all, the guy probably just bumped into his wife on accident. Embarrassed, the guy probably just laughed and said sorry in Spanish.
The OP was probably already having a meltdown because of what he perceived to be too many Hispanics in the park. So when a brown guy accidentally bumped into his wife, AND replied in Spanish, the OP probably freaked out and made it out be a lot bigger than it really was.
I don't put that scenario past someone who is complaining about too much of a certain ethnic group being present at an amusement park that is supposed to be open to the paying public(isn't segregation over?).
Besides, if the guy 'slapping his wife's as-' really happened, don't you think that would be the FOCUS of his story about the mongrel Hispanics invading Disneyland? And not just a brief mention just to give the story a little more emotional value?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:20 PM

569 posts, read 1,664,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I think you've reduced the OP's post to a simplistic one-dimensional complaint...that he didn't like hearing Spanish spoken around him at Disneyland. But his post was much more than that, and most of us here are able to see that. Why can't you?

The OP's experience at Disneyland represented a microcosm of what life is starting to be like all over the U.S. Americans are watching our common language, culture and identity become diluted to the point where we no longer feel we're home. It's not just in Disneyland, it's everywhere. The Hispanic culture seems to be pervading the U.S. at a rapid rate, and this is largely due to illegal immigration and the huge number of illegal aliens living here.

All Americans alive today were born into our culture. We DID NOT commit atrocities and steal this country from anybody. Dozens of generations ago, our ancestors came here and did indeed commit atrocities toward the native people; however, that was over two centuries ago, and we had nothing to do with that. We have nothing to apologize for, and we owe the impoverished people of Mexico NOTHING.

Americans have every right to want to preserve our culture, language and national identity. But you seem to have a problem with that. So with regard to your perplexity as to why the OP would be upset about hearing so much Spanish spoken at Disneyland, just look at the bigger picture.
Bingo, bango, bongo!! This is absolutely perfect. Nothing more to add. Everyone should read this and take it to heart. We owe the impoverished and criminals of Mexico and the rest of Central and South American absolutely NOTHING!!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM

26,536 posts, read 36,426,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
Bingo, bango, bongo!! This is absolutely perfect. Nothing more to add. Everyone should read this and take it to heart. We owe the impoverished and criminals of Mexico and the rest of Central and South American absolutely NOTHING!!

That may be the truth, but this thread is about paying guests at Disneyland.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,382,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Would you apply the same thing to DisneyLand Paris?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
All the Disney characters are American Citizens!!!! Even though Mickey and Minnie have never gotten married, and continue to live in sin---THEY ARE STILL AMERICANS.

IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL DISNEY CHARACTERS RECOGNIZE THEIR AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP, and SPEAK NOTHING BUT THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE nomatter WHERE THEY ARE.

WE CAN'T ALLOW THIS KIDNAPPING OF GOOD AMERICAN CITIZENS TO CONTINUE UNANSWERED.

It must stop. They must speak AMERICAN, or we will to resort to ARMS!!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,634,797 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Ocexpo

)...trying to wedge their 20 kids in front of me and my niece, cutting, one married family man hit my wifes butt, and said "lo siento" and laughed.
There has been plenty of conversation on this thread already so I won't try to add much. But I did feel I should address this. I am sure someone has said it already, but when the man said "lo siento", he was saying he was sorry. Now of course that doesn't excuse his family jumping you in line, but atleast he was polite about his accidental indiscretion. And as far as the laugh, most people laugh when in an embarrassing situation like that. I am sure he meant no harm, just embarrassed by his accidentally touching your wife's behind.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflores View Post
So your going to sit there and analyze my mental state?
So what your saying is that I should just laugh with the mexican guy, and then give him a high five for feeling up on my wife.

Or perhaps we can sit down and have a pow wow. Maybe even hold hands and sing cumbaya. Man what was I thinking! Maybe I should let the neighbors have sex with my pregnant wife.
Chill....I'm beginning to beleive that you need some anger management therapy.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Plus, the guy MUST be a patient, and good father, if he not only sticks around to raise "20 kids", but also makes the effort to spend quality time with ALL 20 of them at Disneyland!
My dad only took my sister and I to Disneyland 1 or 2 times, and there's only 2 of us!

How did he get there, I wonder? Did he rent a school bus?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Chill....I'm beginning to beleive that you need some anger management therapy.
After you just wrote a post almost completely in caps with lots of little angry smileys, and talked about taking up arms so no one speaks anything other than the "American language"?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Plus, the guy MUST be a patient, and good father, if he not only sticks around to raise "20 kids", but also makes the effort to spend quality time with ALL 20 of them at Disneyland!
My dad only took my sister and I to Disneyland 1 or 2 times, and there's only 2 of us!

How did he get there, I wonder? Did he rent a school bus?
nah...he probably came in a private jet, and was met at the airport by a humvee limo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration