Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times

Advertisements

That is what many of you do not understand. " If they came here legally, it would be totally fine with me."

Go and check our immigration laws. 95% of the illegals would not even qualify for a green card. They would not have any other way to oume here.
Yes, I am totally against illegal immigration. But you can't just say " if they had done it the right way". They simply would not qualify ( College degree etc.).

Old 06-25-2009, 03:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
That is what many of you do not understand. " If they came here legally, it would be totally fine with me."

Go and check our immigration laws. 95% of the illegals would not even qualify for a green card. They would not have any other way to oume here.
Yes, I am totally against illegal immigration. But you can't just say " if they had done it the right way". They simply would not qualify ( College degree etc.).
Then they shouldn't come. Work to change the law, don't choose what laws you will follow. I know if I wanted to move to another country and would never qualify to be a citizen, I wouldn't tell that country "Too bad, I'm coming anyway", and then demand rights when I got there. Even if immigration law is reformed, some will not make the list, and those who don't make the list will NOT have the right to come anyway. But we will still have people advocating that it's "not fair" that these people can't come here.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
yes, but we are talking about perceptions of race and ethnicity. IN THE US.

No your off topic.

We are discussing why Juan, Pablo and Julio from Mexico, are pissed off, calling me a racist, because I called them all dumb stupid Mexicans.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
you are dismissed until you can discuss issues i have spoken on and not what you are making up in your mind.

loathes your country?!

this is my country.
This is MY country. I never said it wasn't yours, although you sure don't seem to respect it much.

Quote:
i have lived it. i have seen the ugly face of prejudice and hatred. that is undeniable. a mixed black and white president dont change much because honestly there are many people who still dont see us all as "americans" .
I have also seen the same, TOWARDS ME, by your beloved illegals, and also by racist minority citizens. Works both ways. Only difference is, I'm smart enough to know it's the exception, not the rule.

Quote:
we may disagree but dont accuse me of stuff like that. it weakens your poor lil argument.

seriousy... dismissed.
And who the hell are you to "dismiss" me or anyone else? Do you feel powerful behind your little keyboard? Get picked on by your "bad neighbors" growing up, creating your inferiority complex? I'll post whatever the hell I want, until you become a moderator, you'll dismiss no one.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Mexican for the most part is a race.

Look at this pic of Mexican school children for example. I see ZERO racial diversity in this pic because all of the kids in it look like they belong to the same race.

I would not confuse a single Mexican in that pic for being White, Korean, or Chinese for example.
So you can tell the difference between Mexicans, El Salvadoreans, Peruvians, etc.? Are Chilean and Brazilian also races genuis?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:13 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
youre still DISMISSED!!!!

funny accusations yours are.

funny. i dont respect my country? sure.

you obviously cant discuss the issues without getting emotional. dont attack me.

its really not a good look. as such. you are definitely dismissed and there is no reason to continue this discussion.

my beloved illegals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
This is MY country. I never said it wasn't yours, although you sure don't seem to respect it much.

I have also seen the same, TOWARDS ME, by your beloved illegals, and also by racist minority citizens. Works both ways. Only difference is, I'm smart enough to know it's the exception, not the rule.

And who the hell are you to "dismiss" me or anyone else? Do you feel powerful behind your little keyboard? Get picked on by your "bad neighbors" growing up, creating your inferiority complex? I'll post whatever the hell I want, until you become a moderator, you'll dismiss no one.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM

off topic? we are talkin about race and ethnicity and nationality.

good try, but come better please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No your off topic.

We are discussing why Juan, Pablo and Julio from Mexico, are pissed off, calling me a racist, because I called them all dumb stupid Mexicans.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
I started the topic... Your off topic. It is irrelevant to the discussion.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
youre still DISMISSED!!!!

funny accusations yours are.

funny. i dont respect my country? sure.

you obviously cant discuss the issues without getting emotional. dont attack me.

its really not a good look. as such. you are definitely dismissed and there is no reason to continue this discussion.

my beloved illegals
Discussing the issues is fine, dealing with immature and condesceding jabs at posters who don't agree with you is irritating, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

By the way, I'm still here tough guy. Dismiss yourself.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 PM

ooohhh now im a tough guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Discussing the issues is fine, dealing with immature and condesceding jabs at posters who don't agree with you is irritating, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

By the way, I'm still here tough guy. Dismiss yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration