U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:42 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
But of course I will, several of my very good friends have brothers and sisters that would be covered by this bill. Maybe even some of my friends themselves will.
Needless to say: said kids; if here illegally, need to be deported--------the USA owes them nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 12:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Really, if a kid misses a day of school right now the parents get called, if he misses enough days the parents get taken to court. I don't know about the place you are in but in Texas the schools are not kidding around with schopol attendance, if the kid is missing school things happen. This will just add a step to that proces, when sending the parents to court notify USCIS.
At a local level, yes schools notify parents. However, the DREAM Act would be a federal law fraught with bureaucratic red tape. Even if the schools notified the feds, who knows how long it would take before each case would be investigated. Just think of how our visa overstays are handled. Yes, I can see it now. Kids who haven’t attended school in 5 years would still be on their path to legalization, and their parents would still be milking the system.

Quote:
Is this a guess or an assumption? please quote the section of the bill introduced that will support this. People do get deported even with U.S. citizens as children.
Stop playing games. You know darn well La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, and the ACLU would cry foul. They are already claiming workplace raids and the resultant deportation of parents are inhumane, draconian, and racists. Imagine attempting to deport the parents of these “future” citizens.

Quote:
But of course I will, several of my very good friends have brothers and sisters that would be covered by this bill. Maybe even some of my friends themselves will.
Tell your DREAMie friends not to get their hopes too high. Sorry, but they will be whining again after this defeat.

I knew you had an agenda. Thanks for the confirmation.

BTW, it’s interesting we never hear a word about the DREAM Act granting a stay of deportation for primary and secondary school children. DREAMies and their supporters tout this as simply being an opportunity for a “select group” of illegal aliens to attend college. Deception abounds.

Last edited by Benicar; 05-27-2009 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Needless to say: said kids; if here illegally, need to be deported--------the USA owes them nothing.
True. We can expect to be visited by many DREAMies now that school has ended. Their school vacation would be much better spent preparing for their imminent departure.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:51 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,227,998 times
That is not waht congress found just a sohot time ago when they wanted to bring up a amenesty bill. Pols can conclude what tehy want in a small sample. Many of the suppoters of the bill said they got teh messagte loud and clear because of teh flood of e-mails and calls.The bill was killed.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:26 PM

804 posts, read 1,176,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
At a local level, yes schools notify parents. However, the DREAM Act would be a federal law fraught with bureaucratic red tape. Even if the schools notified the feds, who knows how long it would take before each case would be investigated. Just think of how our visa overstays are handled. Yes, I can see it now. Kids who haven’t attended school in 5 years would still be on their path to legalization, and their parents would still be milking the system.
Again, the fact that the system is inneficient is no excuse. If that is the case then more resources should be provided to streamline the process. I'm still waiting for a single section on the bill that will support the idea that the parents will also be granted stay.

Quote:
Stop playing games. You know darn well La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, and the ACLU would cry foul. They are already claiming workplace raids and the resultant deportation of parents are inhumane, draconian, and racists. Imagine attempting to deport the parents of these “future” citizens.
Are you that affraid of these groups? It must be paralizing to see these groups whose ideas you do not share have so much political clout. Maybe someone with common sense will submit a bill that would give stay to the parent of children who are performing well in schools, so they can focus on helping their children do well. But as things stand such legislation has not been proposed (that I know of)

Quote:
Tell your DREAMie friends not to get their hopes too high. Sorry, but they will be whining again after this defeat.

I knew you had an agenda. Thanks for the confirmation.
Of course I have an agenda, as so do you , and so does most posters in forums. Otherwise, why would we post. What is your agenda Benicar? Mine is to lobby for immigration policy that makes sense, as I said before, I am not interested in changing the minds of avid anti-illegal posters, since I think they do not represent the mayority and they seem to be set on their ways, but to learn what the concerns of people who have opposite opinions to mine. And to be prepared to lobby efficiently when I do meet someone who is in the position to make a difference. I strongly believe that a lot of political decisions come from golf games, charity dinners, and the times that you go to a barbeque with your friends and their parents.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times
Quote:
Again, the fact that the system is inneficient is no excuse. If that is the case then more resources should be provided to streamline the process. I'm still waiting for a single section on the bill that will support the idea that the parents will also be granted stay.

Are you that affraid of these groups? It must be paralizing to see these groups whose ideas you do not share have so much political clout. Maybe someone with common sense will submit a bill that would give stay to the parent of children who are performing well in schools, so they can focus on helping their children do well. But as things stand such legislation has not been proposed (that I know of)

Of course I have an agenda, as so do you , and so does most posters in forums. Otherwise, why would we post. What is your agenda Benicar? Mine is to lobby for immigration policy that makes sense, as I said before, I am not interested in changing the minds of avid anti-illegal posters, since I think they do not represent the mayority and they seem to be set on their ways, but to learn what the concerns of people who have opposite opinions to mine. And to be prepared to lobby efficiently when I do meet someone who is in the position to make a difference. I strongly believe that a lot of political decisions come from golf games, charity dinners, and the times that you go to a barbeque with your friends and their parents.

Honey, I fear no one.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:03 PM

804 posts, read 1,176,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Honey, I fear no one.

That's what I would think would be the general feeling, but then why when some new bill comes around posters try to dismiss it by saying: "oh, no!.. now what is the ACLU, La Raza, etc. going to do about this." It gives the impression that you are scared about what those groups can do now. It seems in everythread there is always something about how these groups are going to complain, do they have enough power to be always in your mind?

I think I have memorized the names of these groups because you guys keep mentioning them instead for any publicity that they may have done. I don't even remember what are the names of the anti-illegal groups and thats the mayority stance of posters in this group.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
C’mon, you don’t actually expect them to explicitly state that the parents won’t be deported, do you? Can you honestly tell me you believe the parents of the DREAMies will be deported, and millions of children ages 12-17 would be left in this country to fend for themselves? No one actually believes this would happen, not even you.

Quote:
Fear? Hardly. I have nothing to fear from these illegal alien peddlers. Actually, they have no ‘real’ clout; otherwise, we wouldn’t be having this debate – illegal aliens would already be well on their way to a path to citizenship. No, they serve their purpose for the corporate elite by brainwashing and controlling illegal aliens and their sheeple supporters. You are evidence of their success.

Most college students are away from their parents. Why would a DREAMie in college need their mom or dad to hold their hand? Of course, children ages 12-17 do in fact need their parents’ support; which is one reason the parents would not be deported if the Nightmare Act passed.

Quote:
There you go again, feigning innocence.

Enjoy your social gatherings. However, until you become a citizen, your opinion means nothing to politicians. I always get a good chuckle when visiting the illegal alien DREAMland. They are so funny discussing THEIR representatives in Congress, and calling and emailing THEIR senators. Perhaps you can inform them, as illegal aliens, they have no representatives in Washington; nor do their parents.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:03 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times
Quote:
That's what I would think would be the general feeling, but then why when some new bill comes around posters try to dismiss it by saying: "oh, no!.. now what is the ACLU, La Raza, etc. going to do about this." It gives the impression that you are scared about what those groups can do now. It seems in everythread there is always something about how these groups are going to complain, do they have enough power to be always in your mind?

I think I have memorized the names of these groups because you guys keep mentioning them instead for any publicity that they may have done. I don't even remember what are the names of the anti-illegal groups and thats the mayority stance of posters in this group.
You are confusing fear with disgust and extreme annoyance. Whenever there is an incident of any sort involving an illegal hispanic, we know that NCLR is going to jump into the fray. They will defend this individual no matter what, it would not matter if he/she was an axe murderer. We know what they are going to do even before they do it. That is why we wonder aloud when they are going to show up. It is like placing bets on traffic lights.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True. We can expect to be visited by many DREAMies now that school has ended. Their school vacation would be much better spent preparing for their imminent departure.
Indeed. While many brag of fraudulently obtaining ITIN's, even they will have a hard time finding jobs this summer. Many{like their illegal alien criminal "parents"} will manage to find a way to work illegally and off the books. After all, they learned from their criminal masters. Those who do not find jobs working under the table and avoiding taxes will spend the Summer (on boards such as this one) creating new sob stories and making pointless excuses while honing their skills at breaking the law, and attempting to push their "I'm just an innocent child deserving of amnesty" DREAMAct agenda.

Quote:
oquito23

How to get a job
Summer break is coming up and I want to get a job. Since I do not have SSN, how would I go to get a job? What places could I apply for a job? I would like to know how you guys were able to manage and get a job. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
loquito23 View Public Profile Send a private message to loquito23 Find all posts by loquito23
05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
frasierfred

Re: How to get a job
I am in the process of doing this myself. I guess the best way is to ask the potential places how much thye pay and if they pay cash. Say you are an international and cannot work--restaurants and such should not have a problem, but big chain stuff usually take taxes off automatically. I know it is a pain in the ass, but what can you do? I am in the exact same spot. Not sure what the person above is taking about.
How to get a job - DREAM Act Portal Forums

Last edited by JDubsMom; 05-29-2009 at 05:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration