U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 AM

32,920 posts, read 30,173,166 times

Advertisements

One of the latest showing the impact on Americans and Hospitals.

Illegal Immigration & Hospitals: 'In Mexico, it's different. There, you have to pay.' | Center for Immigration Studies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Good point. Like you say, the person getting the dialysis probably would not continue working. On the other hand, there may be others in his/her family who work, and would be able to continue working while their loved one received care.
How can an illegal working for minimum, and often below minimum wage afford to support an adult family member in need of dialysis? Iím not a physician, but I assume they would also require costly medicine in addition to dialysis. Perhaps even a restricted (and expensive) diet. People arenít on dialysis for just a few weeks.

There is no doubt, these families would have to rely on government assistance. We donít need illegal aliens in this country. We certainly donít need infirmed illegals who can only survive by fleecing taxpayers. They need to return home.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:55 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Support lawbreaking? I would not say I go so far as to support it. But I try to approach the illegal immigrant situation with an open mind. I try to understand why the illegals came here in the first place, and why there is a demand for them in America.
Understanding why they come here is one thing but condoning it rather than renouncing it is quite another.

Same goes for the employers. Understanding that they just want cheap illegal labor is one thing but condoning breaking the law to do so it is quite another. You are condoning and justifying and that simply is wrong!

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-01-2009 at 12:09 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 PM

32,920 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How can an illegal working for minimum, and often below minimum wage afford to support an adult family member in need of dialysis? Iím not a physician, but I assume they would also require costly medicine in addition to dialysis. Perhaps even a restricted (and expensive) diet. People arenít on dialysis for just a few weeks.

There is no doubt, these families would have to rely on government assistance. We donít need illegal aliens in this country. We certainly donít need infirmed illegals who can only survive by fleecing taxpayers. They need to return home.
If they really cared about these people they would be part of a group raising money to help them instead of approving our tax money to do it.

Like I've said before, If I have to force adopt someone can I at least name them?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:00 AM

73 posts, read 72,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We are not responsible for the world. We can barely care for our own. If illegal aliens cannot afford to pay for their dialysis or other medical treatment, they should return home. Itís bad enough we are forced to support our own parasites; we certainly donít need more.

We have more than enough hardworking citizens. However, they will not work for ďslaveĒ wages, nor should they.
I am on dialysis and I am not a parasite, jerk. I worked on the night shift for 18 years, protecting people like you, while you slept the night away.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDXUFan View Post
I am on dialysis and I am not a parasite, jerk. I worked on the night shift for 18 years, protecting people like you, while you slept the night away.
In which case she was talking about you. She was talking about those who don't and have never paid their own way.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 AM

23,627 posts, read 31,274,902 times
Quote:
She was not referring to you. She was referring to actual parasites who use our system who have never paid into it or who have no right to be here. You clearly do not fit either category.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,876,397 times
So much for the myth that illegals don't get tax payer funded services.......

Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Clearly, you misinterpreted my post. I was not implying that dialysis patients are parasites. In fact, I have a relative as well as a close friend who receive dialysis treatment. They have worked their entire adult lives, paid taxes, and insurance premiums. There are also citizens who through no fault of their own are now without insurance coverage, but in need of dialysis. None of them are parasites.

My comments were directed primarily toward illegal aliens who are living in this country and fleecing taxpayers. And yes, we do have many parasitic citizens. My comments were intended for them, not you, or any other contributing member of society.

Best wishes.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:56 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,956,758 times
Where's my free facelift > I need my hemroids tightened up> my colon is falling down around my ankles, I have a goiter the size of a beachball...3 melanomas, a heart murmur, gimpy knee, fibroids, tennis elbow, acne, severe cough...the list goes on... oh wait ! I am a legal citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or