Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:07 PM

569 posts, read 1,669,270 times

Advertisements

There should be "Free nothing" for illegals. Let their own governments support them. How many Americans can't even get to a doctor because they have no health insurance? These parasites come in and get for free what Americans cannot. I think something is wrong here. If we got rid of all the illegals and stopped supporting them for life then all Americans would be able to lead a much better life with jobs and affordable medical care. What are these politicians missing??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 08:10 PM

175 posts, read 600,512 times
That sucks! When will tax-paying, law abiding citizens get a freakin break. This country is a freakin joke!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 PM

472 posts, read 740,775 times
You folks must be making this up.
Didn't Mr. Moore tell us that the Mexican healthcare system is soooo superior to ours?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starhawk18 View Post
That sucks! When will tax-paying, law abiding citizens get a freakin break. This country is a freakin joke!
Never, thats why you have to hide some income from those heartless btards. Or donate it to legit charities thats what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
You folks must be making this up.
Didn't Mr. Moore tell us that the Mexican healthcare system is soooo superior to ours?
Yes Mexico does have better Healthcare system, and Medicine, The reason why they take advantage here in the US is one Its free, and Doctors are Affraid of US Citizens because they can sue. I'm not being prejudiced or anything. I always say cut the benefits for everyone, eventually they will all leave, and there has to be something worked out.

And speaking from the other side of the tortilla, I go down to the border everytime I need to see a Doctor, they cure you and give you good medicine on your first visit, and here its all corperate america, they try to squeeze your money out of you.

so its a win loose situation that we have.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,528 times
I am a doctor in Texas and I frequently encounter illegal immigrants who have developed ESRD while in the US. In many states, such as Texas, they have few options. Most choose to get dialysis by coming to the ER when they are so sick that dialysis is an emergency and must be provided by law. They tend to live only a few years because of the stress of not getting regular dialysis. It is heartbreaking as their doctor to not have a better option for them. I think many of you who perseverate over the expense of their care would feel differently if you understood that not providing them care is essentially dooming them to death.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas doc View Post
I am a doctor in Texas and I frequently encounter illegal immigrants who have developed ESRD while in the US. In many states, such as Texas, they have few options. Most choose to get dialysis by coming to the ER when they are so sick that dialysis is an emergency and must be provided by law. They tend to live only a few years because of the stress of not getting regular dialysis. It is heartbreaking as their doctor to not have a better option for them. I think many of you who perseverate over the expense of their care would feel differently if you understood that not providing them care is essentially dooming them to death.
Where is your compassion for Americans who cannot (or do not qualify) for health insurance and face a painful death? Mexico is not a poor country---------it needs to care for its own bottom feeders.

Charity begins at home.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:07 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
I think many of you who perseverate over the expense of their care would feel differently if you understood that not providing them care is essentially dooming them to death.
No I wouldn't feel any different. Call me cruel, but we need to take care of our own LEGAL citizens and LEGAL residents and not pay one single cent to anyones health care, education or job assistance for ANYONE here ILLEGALLY. We are unable to ever truly help anyone if we can't even help ourselves.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Call me callous, but U.S. citizens die every day due to a lack of medical treatment. Why should I care if people who shouldn’t be here are unable to receive dialysis or any other form of medical treatment courtesy of U.S. taxpayers?

I am appalled that the dialysis clinic in Atlanta was forced to close because they were overburdened by illegals. I feel compassion for those citizens, not ingrate illegals who are fleecing the system -- and, have the audacity to sue because they can no longer receive “free” treatment.

If illegal aliens are too sick to live without dialysis, they should return home. We are not the healthcare system for the world. Not only are illegals receiving tax-funded dialysis, but also organ transplants. How many citizens have languished on transplant lists while illegals are receiving organs?

Did you read the following thread? Why should I care if this woman receives treatment? After all, she spent the money she received from the clinic rather than using it for her “lifesaving” treatment.

Hospital Falters as Refuge for Illegal Immigrants

Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,758 times
The cost of dialysis is MUCH lower than the cost of treating people who were denied dialysis.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
The cost of dialysis is MUCH lower than the cost of treating people who were denied dialysis.
If they cannot survive without dialysis, they will die. What costs will we then incur?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration