Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 AM

26,678 posts, read 41,525,502 times

Advertisements

Ky. to offer driver's test in English only - WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY |

Quote:
Lucas told the Lexington Herald-Leader on Tuesday that as changes have been made to the test through the years, the non-English versions haven't been updated. He also said people administering the test can't read them and must grade them using answer keys.
Way to go Kentucky!!!! I'm happy i'm moving to a state that places a value on assilmation and learning English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,493,690 times
This is great news! I wouldn’t want to drive in a county if I couldn’t understand the language. Imagine seeing a danger warning on the highway, and being involved in a serious accident, or killed, simply because you didn’t understand the language.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 AM

569 posts, read 1,662,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is great news! I wouldn’t want to drive in a county if I couldn’t understand the language. Imagine seeing a danger warning on the highway, and being involved in a serious accident, or killed, simply because you didn’t understand the language.
This happens all the time in S. Florida and CA. Florida is full of Haitians and Hispanics behind the wheel and actually on a paved road for the first time in their lives and cannot speak or read a word of English. They usually drive 20mph under the speed limit to not get caught. They end up causing more accidents when people have to get around them. It is really fun when they are on the freeway in the HOV lane or the left lane going 40mph and making everyone crazy. They have no idea what HOV means. Every time it happens you look over and it's either a confused Hispanic or Haitian illegal with a broken down car with lights dangling. When you motion for them to move over they just look at you like "What"???????? No comprende.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,844,172 times
Quote:
Lucas told the Lexington Herald-Leader on Tuesday that as changes have been made to the test through the years, the non-English versions haven't been updated. He also said people administering the test can't read them and must grade them using answer keys.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Ky. governor reverses English-only policy - WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY |

Well that was short lived thanks to Governor Beshear.
Quote:
He said the proposal does not "reflect the values of this administration or the values that I think most Kentuckians share - as a state welcoming people to do business here."
Interesting words from Gov. Beshear, i guess he didnt see the poll that a Louisville news station took today that said 93% support a English-only drivers test.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
The state currently offers driving tests in 22 different languages, but was set to limit the tests to English starting June 1 as a way to save money.
How disgusting.

Shame on you, Traitor Beshear.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM

142 posts, read 221,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
How disgusting.

Shame on you, Traitor Beshear.
How is that wrong? America does not have an official language.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
No, but we do have a de facto offical language which is English. Let me put it this way do you ever see government road signs in spanish?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Where did I mention America having an official language?

He went against the beliefs of assimilation and solely learning English that many Kentuckians, as well as Americans, value. That itself is traitorous enough.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,572,902 times
Quote:
It is wrong because the government is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars making and printing tests in all those languages when it is simply not necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration